Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2013, 05:52 AM   #196
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Ok so Friday was supposed to be breakfast at Crystal Palace. But you guessed it, we cancelled (in plenty of time to avoid the $10 per person charge!)

We were still off to the MK in the morning and stopped for a quick breakfast at Sleepy Hollow. We shared the nutella and fresh fruit waffle ...

Andrew also had an iced coffee float -

I can't comment on the float but the waffle ... OMG. Just heavenly. The melty nutella, the sweetness from the fruit. It is truly a perfect breakfast.

Bonus pics - we spent a lot of time this trip playing with the settings on the camera ... Disney in Black & White if you will ...

Mom & Son - The Last Time? August 2013 ~ Mom & Son Take on Spring Break - March 2013
Mom & Son Head to Food & Wine - November 2012 ~ Mom & Son - One More Time with Dad! August 23rd - Sept 3rd 2012
Mom and Son Take on the Land! - July 2010 Trip Report
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013

Last edited by GoofySon'sMom; 10-02-2013 at 06:05 AM.
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:00 AM   #197
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

I am sitting at my desk eating breakfast right now and it DOES NOT LOOK LIKE THIS

That waffle looks delicious
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2013, 06:03 AM   #198
BlovesC
home is where the Yeti is!
When the ride attendants ask me to tug on the yellow strap on my seatbelt, I never do it. I just stare at them in defiance

Location: Originally Jersey Shore, now Central FL (hopefully not for much longer)

Ditto what Linda said. I should have not have read this post in the morning...I'm going to be hate-glaring at my own breakfast now. That waffle is the BEST!

Love the B&W pics, too! Very cool.
BlovesC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:22 AM   #199
happy2012
♫ ♪There's a great big beautiful tomorrow Shinin' at the end of ev'ry day♫ ♪

I'm already missing my summer strawberries. The waffle looks so yummy & a healthier sweet treat! I think we better try those this time. I love the peter pan's flight pic w/ the pop of green, great shot!
Old 10-06-2013, 10:55 AM   #200
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Go with the craving!!! I actually would pick VN over Narcoosees. I love the pizza at VN as well. We didn't fit in VN this trip but definitely looking forward to December. At least you know that they make their zeppoles fresh seeing as how the ricotta cheese decided to come back.

I love those nutella and fruit waffles. Another thing on my list that I planned to have last trip and failed.

Ohhh I love your B&W photo at PPF with the splash of color for the gator. Marvelous!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:20 PM   #201
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
I am sitting at my desk eating breakfast right now and it DOES NOT LOOK LIKE THIS

That waffle looks delicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlovesC View Post
Ditto what Linda said. I should have not have read this post in the morning...I'm going to be hate-glaring at my own breakfast now. That waffle is the BEST!

Love the B&W pics, too! Very cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2012 View Post
I'm already missing my summer strawberries. The waffle looks so yummy & a healthier sweet treat! I think we better try those this time. I love the peter pan's flight pic w/ the pop of green, great shot!
That waffle is amazing. I made waffles this week, even had nutella and didn't even think to recreate it. Not that mine would have tasted the same but I could dream ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Go with the craving!!! I actually would pick VN over Narcoosees. I love the pizza at VN as well. We didn't fit in VN this trip but definitely looking forward to December. At least you know that they make their zeppoles fresh seeing as how the ricotta cheese decided to come back.

I love those nutella and fruit waffles. Another thing on my list that I planned to have last trip and failed.

Ohhh I love your B&W photo at PPF with the splash of color for the gator. Marvelous!
I had to go with the craving. It was so strong we would not have enjoyed Narcoossees. Looking forward to VN in December!

Thanks for the nice comments on the pics. I made a B&W photobook for this trp. I really like the way it came out.

Mom & Son - The Last Time? August 2013 ~ Mom & Son Take on Spring Break - March 2013
Mom & Son Head to Food & Wine - November 2012 ~ Mom & Son - One More Time with Dad! August 23rd - Sept 3rd 2012
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
Old 10-06-2013, 06:33 PM   #202
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Lunch was to be at a place that has been on our "never again" list. San Angel Inn. I guess it still is because we cancelled and ended up at

We both started with the soup of the day which has always been tomato when we have been there ...

We both love this soup. I had asked Disney a few years ago for the recipe and was emailed very nicely that it is one that is not given out. My guess is that could mean it is out of a box/can but I have yet to find it.

Andrew had the Grilled Chicken Sandwich - grilled chicken breast topped with shaved ham and Swiss cheese served on a flour-dusted Kaiser $12.49

He has had it before and was not disappointed. It is simple but good. At this point of the trip, we needed simple and less heavy. I went with the
Plaza Club - smoked ham, turkey, bacon, lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise layered on toasted multi-grain bread $11.49

This was really good. Light, fresh. Perfect for this point in the trip.

And once again, we left the Plaza with no dessert. We have yet to have ice cream here.

Side note, our server (who's name I cannot remember) was super good. We have had less than stellar service here. We were talking and he commented on when he was working at Narcoossees. What the heck do you have to do to get demoted from Narcoossees to lunch at The Plaza?! Seriously may just be a normal rotation but what a drop in tip income for the guy!

All in all another very solid meal at The Plaza.

Old 10-06-2013, 06:43 PM   #203
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Another Pop of color one that I really like ...

Old 10-06-2013, 06:57 PM   #204
PelletierBears
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofySon'sMom View Post
Lunch was to be at a place that has been on our "never again" list. San Angel Inn. I guess it still is because we cancelled and ended up at

We both started with the soup of the day which has always been tomato when we have been there ...

We both love this soup. I had asked Disney a few years ago for the recipe and was emailed very nicely that it is one that is not given out. My guess is that could mean it is out of a box/can but I have yet to find it.

Andrew had the Grilled Chicken Sandwich - grilled chicken breast topped with shaved ham and Swiss cheese served on a flour-dusted Kaiser $12.49

He has had it before and was not disappointed. It is simple but good. At this point of the trip, we needed simple and less heavy. I went with the
Plaza Club - smoked ham, turkey, bacon, lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise layered on toasted multi-grain bread $11.49

This was really good. Light, fresh. Perfect for this point in the trip.

And once again, we left the Plaza with no dessert. We have yet to have ice cream here.

Side note, our server (who's name I cannot remember) was super good. We have had less than stellar service here. We were talking and he commented on when he was working at Narcoossees. What the heck do you have to do to get demoted from Narcoossees to lunch at The Plaza?! Seriously may just be a normal rotation but what a drop in tip income for the guy!

All in all another very solid meal at The Plaza.

OP, I've been enjoying your review! The grilled chicken sandwich looks yummy : )

1982 - offsite, 1996 - offsite, May 2001 - AKL, June 2006 - WL, June 2007 - WL, July 2008 - WL, June 2009 -Split stay: Pirate rm CBR & Poly Club Level!, December 2010 -Split stay: POP & WL, June 2012 - Split stay: CSR & WL, January 2014 - Split stay: AKL Club level & Poly, January 2015 - AKL Club level
PelletierBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:19 PM   #205
jabead
DIS Veteran

Confession time...The Plaza is on my "Wish (we could somehow squeeze it in) List" for December. I haven't been there since 2006, and for the life of me I don't know why??? I had planned to go there on our last trip in March, but then the kids talked me into trying Tony's instead...and you know how that went. Anyway, your lunch review reminded me how much I wanted to eat there again. But, alas, I see no weak links in our chain of dining choices for December...I want to keep them all!

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
jabead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:03 PM   #206
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Plaza Restaurant is one of my favorites!!! We actually ate there twice last trip. Unlike you, we always make room for dessert. ha ha!

Your sandwich look pretty delish. Those fries are the best at MK or anywhere in WDW for me so I never go with the chips - it's always the fries.

Wow! I agree, what did that server do to get moved to Plaza Restaurant. Can't believe he would volunteer for that unless he likes wearing turn of the century period costumes instead of a shirt and tie?

Again, love your B&W photo. Very creative.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:19 PM   #207
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

I agree, the fries (or chips as I call them!) at the Plaza are the best at WDW When you think about it, the Plaza doesn't cost too much more than a regular counter service place and it's so much nicer to be able to take a break in the air-con and be served at your table
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:34 AM   #208
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

all of your reviews and photos are amazing...thanks so much for taking the time to do this..

I love especially the Pizza and spaghetti meals...YUM just looking at it..

thanks again

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:35 PM   #209
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PelletierBears View Post
OP, I've been enjoying your review! The grilled chicken sandwich looks yummy : )
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
Confession time...The Plaza is on my "Wish (we could somehow squeeze it in) List" for December. I haven't been there since 2006, and for the life of me I don't know why??? I had planned to go there on our last trip in March, but then the kids talked me into trying Tony's instead...and you know how that went. Anyway, your lunch review reminded me how much I wanted to eat there again. But, alas, I see no weak links in our chain of dining choices for December...I want to keep them all!
Agreed. Too many places to eat & not enough days. I admit I am looking forward to LTT more than I would want to eat at The Plaza but that is probably because we made it there in August.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Plaza Restaurant is one of my favorites!!! We actually ate there twice last trip. Unlike you, we always make room for dessert. ha ha!

Your sandwich look pretty delish. Those fries are the best at MK or anywhere in WDW for me so I never go with the chips - it's always the fries.

Wow! I agree, what did that server do to get moved to Plaza Restaurant. Can't believe he would volunteer for that unless he likes wearing turn of the century period costumes instead of a shirt and tie?

Again, love your B&W photo. Very creative.
Right? I have thought about the server quite a bit. The fries are good and someday I will have that ice cream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
I agree, the fries (or chips as I call them!) at the Plaza are the best at WDW When you think about it, the Plaza doesn't cost too much more than a regular counter service place and it's so much nicer to be able to take a break in the air-con and be served at your table
Completely agree. Well worth it to eat at The Plaza than deal with the QS options in the MK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumba View Post
all of your reviews and photos are amazing...thanks so much for taking the time to do this..

I love especially the Pizza and spaghetti meals...YUM just looking at it..

thanks again
Thank you so much! Hope to get another review up tomorrow!

Old 10-08-2013, 08:50 AM   #210
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Several wonderful updates while I was visiting another Disney!

I LOVE Via Nappoli!! And yes, reservations are becoming harder and harder to obtain there as people realize how wonderful it is!!

That Waffle! Oh my Goodness! I plan to have that at least once, maybe twice this month! I tried recreating it here with Eggo waffles (the thick ones) as I don't have a waffle maker and it wasn't even close to the same!

The Plaza is a good solid lunch meal. Good Food, reasonable prices! Not a place I run and grab an ADR far in advance for though.

LOVE your B&W photos! They are amazing!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: