Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-25-2013, 10:25 AM   #166
klacey1
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,810

They must have changed the menu at Yachtsman between our trips! My boyfriend was SO looking forward to the porterhouse (had it in 2009), but they swapped it out for a prime rib.
Our meal there was good, but a bit odd. That truffle mac and cheese is definitely one of the most delicious things I've ever put in my mouth at Disney, however!! Wow-- SO good!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:44 AM   #167
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

 
emmysmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Near Disneyland
Posts: 4,962

Vicki you definitely influenced me with your meal since I checked the live thread before we ate here. I ordered Andrew's entrée and subbed your potatoes. It was an excellent choice so I MUST THANK YOU for sharing your experience.

I've never tried the caramel corn in Germany either. It could be addictive.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-25-2013, 12:28 PM   #168
jabead
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 7,150

First of all, I love your choices at YSH! The cheese plate looks great, especially now that they have replaced the "goo" in the jar. And the filet is my steak of choice, so I'm sad to hear that yours was not quite up to snuff. In my 4 visits to YSH, my filet has always been perfect so I'm really hoping my luck doesn't run out in December. Oh, and your twice baked potato looks and sounds delicious. I love the YSH mashed potatoes, so it would be difficult for me to pass on those but if the twice-baked is still available I might just consider it. Another thing that's on my radar now is Andrew's mac 'n cheese. Very tempting, very tempting indeed! I'm afraid that I'm going to eat so much that night that I'm going to sink our boat.
__________________
Barb

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - #3
- and - APRIL 2014 REVIEW - My Solo Birthday Trip


MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary



DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
jabead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:44 PM   #169
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs
 
wilma-bride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Wiltshire, UK
Posts: 20,930
DISboards Moderator

We loved the caramel corn from Karamell Kuche last year. I am a huge fan of popcorn but don't like salted popcorn, so the caramel stuff was a great treat for me (since Disney only seem to do salted/butter popcorn).

I have booked Yachtsman for Sian's Birthday dinner next March. I am so excited that I will finally get to try it - Andrew's hangar steak looked great (not sure what cut hangar steak is but off to look it up now).

As I think I said before, my son is a HUGE Chelsea fan so he is very impressed that Andrew has such great taste in football teams
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:06 PM   #170
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran
 
GoofySon'sMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: UpState NY
Posts: 4,340

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
They must have changed the menu at Yachtsman between our trips! My boyfriend was SO looking forward to the porterhouse (had it in 2009), but they swapped it out for a prime rib.
Our meal there was good, but a bit odd. That truffle mac and cheese is definitely one of the most delicious things I've ever put in my mouth at Disney, however!! Wow-- SO good!
DS loved that porterhouse as well. And yes, the mac & cheese is THAT good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Vicki you definitely influenced me with your meal since I checked the live thread before we ate here. I ordered Andrew's entrée and subbed your potatoes. It was an excellent choice so I MUST THANK YOU for sharing your experience.

I've never tried the caramel corn in Germany either. It could be addictive.
I am glad we could help! We will have to rectify the caramel corn situation in December!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
First of all, I love your choices at YSH! The cheese plate looks great, especially now that they have replaced the "goo" in the jar. And the filet is my steak of choice, so I'm sad to hear that yours was not quite up to snuff. In my 4 visits to YSH, my filet has always been perfect so I'm really hoping my luck doesn't run out in December. Oh, and your twice baked potato looks and sounds delicious. I love the YSH mashed potatoes, so it would be difficult for me to pass on those but if the twice-baked is still available I might just consider it. Another thing that's on my radar now is Andrew's mac 'n cheese. Very tempting, very tempting indeed! I'm afraid that I'm going to eat so much that night that I'm going to sink our boat.
I was one of the few that liked the "goo"! But this cheese plate was excellent! Maybe we can share an order of the mac & cheese around the table!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
We loved the caramel corn from Karamell Kuche last year. I am a huge fan of popcorn but don't like salted popcorn, so the caramel stuff was a great treat for me (since Disney only seem to do salted/butter popcorn).

I have booked Yachtsman for Sian's Birthday dinner next March. I am so excited that I will finally get to try it - Andrew's hangar steak looked great (not sure what cut hangar steak is but off to look it up now).

As I think I said before, my son is a HUGE Chelsea fan so he is very impressed that Andrew has such great taste in football teams
I had no idea what hanger steak was either. I didn't get a taste but Andrew loved it.

Tell you son that Andrew feels the same about his soccer taste!
__________________
Mom & Son - The Last Time? August 2013 ~ Mom & Son Take on Spring Break - March 2013
Mom & Son Head to Food & Wine - November 2012 ~ Mom & Son - One More Time with Dad! August 23rd - Sept 3rd 2012
Mom and Son Take on the Land! - July 2010 Trip Report
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:15 PM   #171
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran
 
GoofySon'sMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: UpState NY
Posts: 4,340

Next up is breakfast at



I have wanted to try this place for breakfast for the past several trips and never made it. I was determined this trip!

We shared the Breakfast Pocket - Scrambled eggs, ham, roasted peppers, red onions, mushrooms, and cheddar cheese $12 and the Crispy Cornflake French Toast - served with seasonal fruit $9





Both were delicious and worth the early morning trip to DTD. Andrew preferred the pocket while I preferred the French toast so it worked out well.

We also had a coffee and an iced tea ...



All in all a really good, reasonably priced meal. I look forward to going back.
__________________
Mom & Son - The Last Time? August 2013 ~ Mom & Son Take on Spring Break - March 2013
Mom & Son Head to Food & Wine - November 2012 ~ Mom & Son - One More Time with Dad! August 23rd - Sept 3rd 2012
Mom and Son Take on the Land! - July 2010 Trip Report
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:40 PM   #172
basketlacey
DIS Veteran
 
basketlacey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,416

I think I could spend a year at WDW and still not have time to try everything I want to taste!

Your food looks soooo good. We have a YSH reservation for out upcoming trip but I think we are going to cancel. 3 signatures in a row plus F&W feels like too much. We think we might need something easier that night.
__________________
me dh dd15 ds13 dd10

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
basketlacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:48 AM   #173
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran
 
smile4stamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!
Posts: 4,427

Aww that is a bummer on your filet not being very good at Yachtsman. You would think for the prices they would have some good cuts of meat!

WPE always looks so good but we never seem to make it over there! Did you try and use your TiW there?
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:49 AM   #174
Tinker12
Mouseketeer
 
Tinker12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Down the Rabbit Hole
Posts: 366

Never been to WPE!! And I have no idea why we have not..
__________________
AKL Concierge Sept/Oct 2008, AKL Sept/Oct 2009, CBR Sept/Oct 2010 , POFQ March 2011, Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2011, Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2012 Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2013 Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2014

Tinker12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 08:54 PM   #175
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”
 
pumba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Posts: 24,910
DISboards Moderator

Your reviews and photos are fantastic...Almost like we were eating with you ..

You had a menu right around the time you said you didnt feel like chinese food...at the top of that menu ..it said 19.99 for an all you can eat breakfast...where was that???
I have tried to find it on our site but no dice..

thanks for your menu's too..can see if we are on track with the items...
__________________


pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 05:47 PM   #176
partyof2
Colette
 
partyof2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 234

I am so glad the Corn Flake French Toast is back on the menu, it looks delicious!
__________________
First visit >> Oct 2010 - Age 26!
Visit #2 >> Nov 2013 - POR
Visit #3 >> Nov 2014 - Pop
Visit #4 >> Oct 2015 - We're getting married!



partyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 02:45 AM   #177
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

 
emmysmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Near Disneyland
Posts: 4,962

You're killin' me again!! Both of your breakfast choices at WPE look pretty darn amazing! I have no idea how I would squeeze that into our next trip so you know what that means.... gotta look at the first available opportunity to go in 2014.

Seriously, your breakfast looks delish!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 10:46 AM   #178
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran
 
GoofySon'sMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: UpState NY
Posts: 4,340

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
I think I could spend a year at WDW and still not have time to try everything I want to taste!

Your food looks soooo good. We have a YSH reservation for out upcoming trip but I think we are going to cancel. 3 signatures in a row plus F&W feels like too much. We think we might need something easier that night.
I agree that the signature meals may be a lot after a day of Food & Wine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
Aww that is a bummer on your filet not being very good at Yachtsman. You would think for the prices they would have some good cuts of meat!

WPE always looks so good but we never seem to make it over there! Did you try and use your TiW there?
I didn't even ask about TIW. Maybe I read that they didn't take it?

And I agree on the filet. It was probably a decent $25 steak but not a very good $48 one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker12 View Post
Never been to WPE!! And I have no idea why we have not..
That is exactly what I was thinking after we ate there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumba View Post
Your reviews and photos are fantastic...Almost like we were eating with you ..

You had a menu right around the time you said you didnt feel like chinese food...at the top of that menu ..it said 19.99 for an all you can eat breakfast...where was that???
I have tried to find it on our site but no dice..

thanks for your menu's too..can see if we are on track with the items...
Thank you so much! I think The Wave has an all you can eat buffet along with a regular menu at breakfast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by partyof2 View Post
I am so glad the Corn Flake French Toast is back on the menu, it looks delicious!
I didn't now that it was ever off the menu! If that is the case, yes, very glad it is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
You're killin' me again!! Both of your breakfast choices at WPE look pretty darn amazing! I have no idea how I would squeeze that into our next trip so you know what that means.... gotta look at the first available opportunity to go in 2014.

Seriously, your breakfast looks delish!
I was up there with the best breakfasts we have had a Disney. The French toast was amazing. I am already trying to figure a 2014 trip but Jay is very reluctant. May have to tag along on yours!
__________________
Mom & Son - The Last Time? August 2013 ~ Mom & Son Take on Spring Break - March 2013
Mom & Son Head to Food & Wine - November 2012 ~ Mom & Son - One More Time with Dad! August 23rd - Sept 3rd 2012
Mom and Son Take on the Land! - July 2010 Trip Report
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 10:50 AM   #179
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

 
emmysmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Near Disneyland
Posts: 4,962

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofySon'sMom View Post
I was up there with the best breakfasts we have had a Disney. The French toast was amazing. I am already trying to figure a 2014 trip but Jay is very reluctant. May have to tag along on yours!
YES!!! We should plan that!!! We'll both be in the same semi empty nest situation and we don't just stop loving Disney because the kids are growing up right?
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 11:36 AM   #180
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran
 
smile4stamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!
Posts: 4,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
YES!!! We should plan that!!! We'll both be in the same semi empty nest situation and we don't just stop loving Disney because the kids are growing up right?
I never had kids to get the empty nest. Kids were never a part of my Disney trips! I think that causes people to give me even stranger looks when I say I am going to Disney AGAIN.
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: