Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2013, 05:26 PM   #136
Tinker12
Mouseketeer

Trail's End is a hidden gem. My family and I can't get enough of it. It's very quiet and a nice getaway from the parks!
AKL Concierge Sept/Oct 2008, AKL Sept/Oct 2009, CBR Sept/Oct 2010 , POFQ March 2011, Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2011, Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2012 Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2013 Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2014

Tinker12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:42 AM   #137
Laila Bryce
Mouseketeer

Hope you had an awesome birthday!
Can you tell me where the original mom and son report is? I just spent the better part of last weekend reading your other reviews and love them
Laila Bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2013, 09:23 AM   #138
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Next up, Dinner at

Originally planned to head to Nine Dragons but neither of us were feeling like Chinese.

Waiting patiently …

First up the bread –

I really enjoy the bread here. Nice hearty bread, crispy crust, salty butter. Everything I love in bread!

I started with the Seasonal Soup - with Chef's Accompaniment $8.49 which as I remember was a “chicken pot pie”

This was tasty but again, not as thick as I like my soups to be. Nicely flavored though.

Andrew started with the Sustainable Fish Taco - with avocado gelato and house-made soft flour tortillas $9.99

He liked it but it didn’t compare to Paradiso 37. He did not care for the gelato.

For Dinner, Andrew ordered the Whole Grain Penne Pasta - with Laughing Bird Shrimp Cedar Key Clams, Calico Scallops, and Roasted garlic-Tomato Broth $26.99 but asked for it without the shrimp. The waitress told us that they would add extra scallops and clams.

You can’t tell from the picture but this was loaded with shrimp. It was like they added extra. Since its not an allergy issue, it was not a big deal, he just ate around them and enjoyed the meal very much.

This was a meal that I was glad we had TIW because I really wanted two appetizers for my meal and chose the sustainable fish tacos and the Wave Seasonal Salad - with watermelon arugula, feta, pero farms peppers and blood orange vinaigrette $9.99

I agreed with Andrew on the tacos. They were tasty but we would have probably enjoyed them much more if we had them before the ones at P37. I, however, loved the gelato. Very mildly sweet mellow flavor. Reminded me of the margarita at Hacienda.

I really enjoyed the salad. The crispy prosciutto slice on the top was a tasty bonus. I loved the sweet watermelon with the salty feta. Really a nice combo.

When the waitress cleared our plates she noticed the shrimp and apologized like crazy. We told her that it was not a problem at all. Next thing we know, a manager is coming over and offering free dessert! Wow. Nice, completely unnecessary, touch.

We shared the Creamy Indulgence –

The olive oil truffle mousse

This was just Ok for me. I didn’t eat much of it. Andrew picked at it but didn’t finish it.

The coconut panna cotta

This was my favorite and I don’t usually like panna cotta. I love all things coconut so that may be why.

And the cheesecake

This was again just Ok. Typical cheesecake, nothing special.

Andrew very much enjoyed his pressed pot coffee …

All in all a successful dinner. I think this is our third time eating at the Wave and we have never been disappointed. Once of these days I am going to try breakfast.

Mom & Son - The Last Time? August 2013 ~ Mom & Son Take on Spring Break - March 2013
Mom & Son Head to Food & Wine - November 2012 ~ Mom & Son - One More Time with Dad! August 23rd - Sept 3rd 2012
Mom and Son Take on the Land! - July 2010 Trip Report
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 09:33 AM   #139
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2012 View Post
AP looks amazing! The tomatoes look so delish! Nice update w/ Trails End! The food looks really good & fun!
TE is really a hidden gem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Seriously, chicken and waffles in WDW - that is so awesome!!!
Is that pieces of chicken that you dump in the soup for the appetizer??
Now you're talking with that banana pudding dessert. Love the mason jar theme.
They were the crispy dumplings ... similar to oyster crackers. Very tasty.

And yes, the banana pudding was worth the trip for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
There is one just opened up in Orlando this year - it's on International Drive, if you ever get the chance to venture out there - the chicken and waffles are totally worth it.

Gutted
I looked up the menu for that place ... definitely want to try it! I am really hoping Jay and I get to take a quick, possibly no Parks trip next year after Andrew is settled in college. A trip to I-Drive may be on the itinerary.

And yeah, I am totally bummed about the Po'boy. I have never actually had one as I just learned maybe six months ago that I LOVE fried oysters. I will get to try one some day.

Quote:
Happy Birthday Vicki!! I hope you have an awesome day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsB1228 View Post
Happy Birthday Vicki!! Hope it's magical!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
Happy Birthday Vicki!

- and -

Happy "Getting your stitches out" Day Andrew!
Thank you all for the birthday wishes. I had a really nice day. Andrew said it was more annoying having the stitches out than put in! It looks really good though. Minimal scarring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattiken View Post
Im a little late, but definelty joining in on this one
That train ride looks like an fun adventure for sure.
I love your reviews so far..now on my lists to try pier37 and AP
Thank you so much! Train was great and definitely add both P37 & AP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Cheshire Cat View Post
I've been wanting to try Trails End. Looks delicious. I'm surprised the BLT flatbread wasn't so good. Hopefully the po boy at Fultons ended up being good.
It was just so sweet. Too much soto enjoy. Didn't end up getting to Fultons. Once of our many changes! And probably the only one I actually regret now that we are home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
Happy Birthday Vicky!! Hope you have a fabulous Magical Day!

Thank you, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker12 View Post
Trail's End is a hidden gem. My family and I can't get enough of it. It's very quiet and a nice getaway from the parks!
It definitely is! So glad we tried it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laila Bryce View Post
Hope you had an awesome birthday!
Can you tell me where the original mom and son report is? I just spent the better part of last weekend reading your other reviews and love them
The original one is in my signature so it you went through those, it is there. I think it is Mom & Son Eat the World - 11 days of deluxe dining.

And THANK YOU so much for reading them! That definitely put a smile on my face this morning!

Mom & Son - The Last Time? August 2013 ~ Mom & Son Take on Spring Break - March 2013
Mom & Son Head to Food & Wine - November 2012 ~ Mom & Son - One More Time with Dad! August 23rd - Sept 3rd 2012
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
Old 09-14-2013, 09:52 AM   #140
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Hi Vicki! You've always had great meals at The Wave. Glad you had another to add to the list. Your watermelon salad has been on my radar for some time. Em really wanted to eat lunch at The Wave last trip but we didn't fit it in.

That was nice of the manager to offer the dessert as compensation for the shrimp issue.

I kept noticing the candles holders on the table...I really like them!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:07 AM   #141
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Vicki! You've always had great meals at The Wave. Glad you had another to add to the list. Your watermelon salad has been on my radar for some time. Em really wanted to eat lunch at The Wave last trip but we didn't fit it in.

That was nice of the manager to offer the dessert as compensation for the shrimp issue.

I kept noticing the candles holders on the table...I really like them!
I had meant to comment on how much I like the candles. I would buy a couple if they sold them!

Old 09-14-2013, 11:48 AM   #142
MrsB1228
DIS Veteran

Lunch at the Wave looks really good. Your soup and that watermelon/feta salad would be a perfect lunch for me, yum!

Great updates Vicki!

Sept/Oct 2013 Dining Report: The Incredible Expanding Women - 14 Days On The DxDP - COMPLETE!
Sept/Oct 2012 Dining Report: 14 Days of Gluttony AKA Doing Free Dining Again! COMPLETE!
My first Dining Report: It's Time To Eat Again?!? 10 days of free dining with pics! COMPLETE!

1985-2004-Many, many offsite visits; March '05-POP; Dec '06-POFQ; Aug/Sept '07-POFQ; Sept '10-POFQ; Sept/Oct '11-POFQ; Sept/Oct '12-POFQ, Sept/Oct '13-POFQ; Sept/Oct '14-POFQ
MrsB1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 02:12 PM   #143
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Sorry your fish tacos were not as good as Paradiso! What are the "shells" like, they look so weird to me (as in not like a tortilla!) I could see the shrimp in Andrews dish! Personally I prefer more shrimp and less of the other stuff!! Nice that they offered dessert for the mistake.
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:15 PM   #144
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
Sorry your fish tacos were not as good as Paradiso! What are the "shells" like, they look so weird to me (as in not like a tortilla!) I could see the shrimp in Andrews dish! Personally I prefer more shrimp and less of the other stuff!! Nice that they offered dessert for the mistake.
They were tortillas, probably homemade. Neither Andrew or I like shrimp so we hate to see it wasted. No problem moving them to the side. Too bad you weren't wish us, he could have plunked them on your plate!

Old 09-15-2013, 07:18 AM   #145
kastoney
Disney foodie served with a side of sarcasm

Thanks for a great review of the Wave. I've yet to try it but the menu always intrigued me. May have to give it a go next trip.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:29 AM   #146
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

I don't know why but The Wave just doesn't appeal to me. Every time I read about it, I always think the food looks perfectly good, it gets good reviews but there is just nothing on the menu that really grabs me. I think the lack of dessert options that appeal to me are the major issue - I always look at the dessert menu first

Maybe one day we'll give it a go since it does seem to be consistently good.
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:24 AM   #147
Quin
DIS Veteran

Neither lunch nor dinner appeals to me either (and I have to agree that the desserts also play a role in that!) but you have GOT to try their breakfast. Lovely food, calm atmosphere; great way to start a day.
Old 09-15-2013, 01:56 PM   #148
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Weve still not tried the Wave, must give it a go one of these days
I've had a very nice cocktail from their bar though
Is Andrew wearing a Chelsea football shirt?
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:26 PM   #149
DLFan123
living the dream-literally!

Still enjoying your great reviews! That avocado gelato sounds interesting...like something they'd make on Iron Chef. I think I might enjoy trying it...it's interesting how much Andrew disliked it and how you liked it. It's nice to see he's trying so many seafood meals now! Still too bad they didn't honor his request, but dessert sounds like a great way to make up for it!

Andrew looks so grown up! I can remember seeing your old reviews and pics and he was just a kiddo. Now he's such a handsome young man!

Looking forward to the rest of the reviews and happy belated birthday.
DLFan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:06 PM   #150
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastoney View Post
Thanks for a great review of the Wave. I've yet to try it but the menu always intrigued me. May have to give it a go next trip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
I don't know why but The Wave just doesn't appeal to me. Every time I read about it, I always think the food looks perfectly good, it gets good reviews but there is just nothing on the menu that really grabs me. I think the lack of dessert options that appeal to me are the major issue - I always look at the dessert menu first

Maybe one day we'll give it a go since it does seem to be consistently good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quin View Post
Neither lunch nor dinner appeals to me either (and I have to agree that the desserts also play a role in that!) but you have GOT to try their breakfast. Lovely food, calm atmosphere; great way to start a day.
It is one of those places for us that has been consistent but the menu never "wows" me. And the desserts have always been the downside of the meal for us. And yet we keep going back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Weve still not tried the Wave, must give it a go one of these days
I've had a very nice cocktail from their bar though
Is Andrew wearing a Chelsea football shirt?
Yes ma'am. We buy one every trip. He is a big Chelsea fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLFan123 View Post
Still enjoying your great reviews! That avocado gelato sounds interesting...like something they'd make on Iron Chef. I think I might enjoy trying it...it's interesting how much Andrew disliked it and how you liked it. It's nice to see he's trying so many seafood meals now! Still too bad they didn't honor his request, but dessert sounds like a great way to make up for it!

Andrew looks so grown up! I can remember seeing your old reviews and pics and he was just a kiddo. Now he's such a handsome young man!

Looking forward to the rest of the reviews and happy belated birthday.
I agree on the gelato being like something from Iron Chef ... or even Chopped!

Thank you for the kind words about Andrew. When I looked back at the old reviews, I am amazed at how much he has grown! Sometimes I want to rewind!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: