Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2013, 01:10 AM   #1
disneywalkers
Mouseketeer

Trails End & MK

How far is trails end from MK? I'm thinking about giving it a try this year (first time) and we would be leaving MK (they close at 7PM that day anyway) and going.

Also, do they have fried chicken on the dinner buffet?

TIA!
disneywalkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:23 AM   #2
hidmickey:myantidrug
DIS Veteran

I want to say it's about a 15-minute boat ride. Once you dock at the fort, it's a short walk from the dock. And yes, they have fried chicken. Enjoy your dinner--it's one of our favorites.

Last edited by hidmickey:myantidrug; 07-17-2013 at 01:39 AM.
hidmickey:myantidrug is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2013, 01:52 AM   #3
disneywalkers
Mouseketeer

What about having your own vehicle, we stay off site so would be leaving MK, going to Trails End and then to the rental house.

How far of a drive is it from MK to Trails End?

Thanks! I am excited
disneywalkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:17 AM   #4
SillyFamily
Mouseketeer

Its not very far, but i would allow about 15min. Realistically it could take about 5-7min with lights and traffic. Then u need to allow20-25min to take the bus to the back.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:18 AM   #5
conniehar90
DIS Veteran

Is the Trail's End food the same as Hoop Dee Doo? We have been to HDDR several times and DD keeps asking to go back (but just for the food!) We love the show but we have been so many times that I just don't want to go again for awhile. I know Trail's End has the fried chicken, but do they have the corn bread and mac and cheese too? I didn't see those items listed on the on-line menu.

Thanks!
Old 07-17-2013, 08:21 AM   #6
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

To get to Fort Wilderness by car from the TTC parking lot will take about 10 minutes, but it is a bit of a tricky drive if you don't know the WDW roads. Also, once you arrive at FW you will need to take an internal bus to the other end of the resort to get to Trail's End.

My advice would be to leave your car at the TTC lot and take the boat from the MK to FW. The boat will drop you off right by the restaurant, which makes things easy. When you are done you can take the boat back to the MK (or to the Contemporary if the MK boats are not running at that time), hop on the monorail and go back to the TTC for your car.

And to conniehar90...yes, the food is much the same as that at the HDD. The chicken and ribs are there, as is the cornbread. I don't remember if the mac & cheese is available but it's a possibility, plus there are lots of other choices. You won't however, find the strawberry shortcake on the buffet. That is only at the HDD.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:24 PM   #7
hidmickey:myantidrug
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMomx2 View Post
I don't remember if the mac & cheese is available but it's a possibility, plus there are lots of other choices. You won't however, find the strawberry shortcake on the buffet. That is only at the HDD.
There is mac and cheese on the buffet, though I've never done HDDR to verify that it is the same. I'd guess it would be since everything else seems to be the same at both restaurants.
hidmickey:myantidrug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:37 PM   #8
steph12
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know the price of the buffet? I thought it was supposed to be reasonably priced, but I can't find a price for it.
steph12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: