Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2013, 06:00 PM   #31
wdwmom2
It's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow
Hopefully the Disney magic will kick in
my co-workers made me bath in Scope mouth wash
Fractured Prune is like donut Heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjscheel View Post
I love slate, but don't want to put real slate in, so I'm looking at this for a floor:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/2020757...5784%2d%5f%2dN
We love our Traffic Master Allure flooring. We put it in our kitchen almost 3 years ago, and have enough left over to do our upstairs bathroom!!

Yours is very pretty!! This is the one we have.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/TrafficMa...5#.UeciZNLv384

wdwmom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:43 PM   #32
tigercat
Cook, clean and foot massage. Boy that sounds like heaven!
I dislocated my jaw when I ate a piece of lettuce

We had both our main bathroom and our 2 pc. bathroom done a year and a half ago. Our contractor really loves to build things so he custom made our cabinets for both bathrooms. He also made our medicine cabinet with a mirror in it. We love it. We had ceramic tile put down. We didn't replace the bathtub or surround as it was still okay. The only thing was I wish was different is that the sink and counter is white. I am not a decorator at all and don't really know what goes and what doesn't so when he said to go with white because the toilet was white I did. If I had the counter top done again it would be in a colour that goes with the rest of the bathroom not the toilet.
tigercat
tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2013, 08:53 PM   #33
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Call me crazy but I prefer the single bath
Nothing beats the Magic of a Disney Resort!
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley23 View Post
I have heated floor tiles and a heat lamp in the ceiling. For as much time as I'm naked in the bathroom, I want it to be warm. I also suggest a high powered exhaust fan that has a timer so it can run a full 30 minutes after the shower ends to eliminate moisture and mildew.

I also have a ceiling fan, because with all the lights I have to apply makeup it gets hot in there.
You thought of everything!

Post your best iPhone/smartphone pictures here!

All Star Music 2001/Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge 2002/Contemporary 2003/Disney Wonder 2003/Yacht Club and Disney Wonder 2004/Pop Century 2005/Dolphin and Pop Century MNSSHP 2005/Disney Magic and Pop Century 2006/Coronado Springs MNSSHP 2006/Dolphin and Disney Wonder 2007/Port Orleans Riverside 2008/Caribbean Beach 2009/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge 2011/Grand Floridian and Dolphin, MNSSHP 2013
Pea-n-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:50 PM   #34
Janepod
The new dinning plan is out. Need to get those ressies in!

If you have an attic or unused space above the bathroom, have the bathroom fan motor there, with a duct (right term? vent?) to the bathroom. That way the noise from the motor is diminished by the distance. Much quieter! We barely hear ours when it's on, but the power is the same.

ETA: We also have timer switches for ours -- 5, 10 and 30 mins -- so we can set the fan and leave. They are the touch plates (again, don't know the right term) and don't take up much space.
Janepod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:19 PM   #35
Disney Doll
DIS Security Matron

Have done 2 bathroom redos.

Upstairs bath...we added this after we bought the house. Has a bubble tub, an oversize shower stall, a sink in a vanity a toilet and a storage cabinet over the toilet. Exhaust fan in the ceiling that is worked by a switch so you have to remember to turn it on and off. Heat for the room is radiant floor heat which I HIGHLY recommend....no more freezing cold bathroom tiles. We also have an extra hot air blower installed recessed into the wall for the winter time when it is VERY cold you turn it on when you go into the bathroom and by the time you are ready to get out of the shower and do your hair etc the bathroom is toasty. The vanity, front wall of the tub surround and over the toilet cabinet are a natural birch, so a light wood. Mirror over the vanity is framed in the same wood. The vanity top is Swanstone...it's white with some speckles of black and gray. Shower walls are Swanstone plain white as is shower floor. I like the Swanstone for the shower because it is smooth...no grout lines like with tile to get all moldy. Shoer has a frameless glass surround which I don't have a hard time keeping clean so I must not have hard minerally water. Bubble tub is white and the "deck" around the tub is tile which is the same tile that is on the floor. The tile that is on the walls is the same tile that is on the floor but smaller squares...I think the floor and tub deck are 12" square tiles and the walls are 4" square tiles. Tile is a tumbled marble look (although it is not tumbled marbled but it has some texture to it...not super smooth and shiny). Wall tile goes 1/2 way up the walls. Fixtures are brushed nickel. Walls are painted lilc, valance is shades of lilac, dark purple, light green and dark green floral. Towels are shades of purples and greens.

Downstairs bath...main level of the house. Used to have a regular tub with shower. We took out the tub and made it a huge shower, thinking that if something happened and my elderly parents had to live iwth us, or even when we get elderly ourselves, that a big shower that could hold a shower chair might be a good idea. Shower is all Swanstone, same as the upstairs bath. Floor and wall tiles are the same as we used upstairs....we liked them decent quality, good price and neutral. Semi-frameless shower door. White toilet and sink. Vanity is the natural birch but the doors have a waniscoting look instead of being smoooth. Mirror pver the vanity is framed in the same birch wood. Vanity top is the same as upstairs....speckled Swanstone white with the flecks. Walls are yellow. There is a bumblebee theme in this bathroom so I found a cute bumble bee valance and some cute bumblebee wall art, bumblebee towels. Shiny chrome fixtures and an exhaust fan in the ceiling. No need for radiant floor heat because it has a radiator that throws a TON of heat.

Essentially the "permanent" things in my bathrooms (tubs, toilets, wood, tiles) are neutral and the non-permamnet things (wall color, towels, curtains, decorative items) are how I bring the color in. The beauty of both my bathrooms is that when I get sick of having a purple or a yellow bathroom, I paint the walls, buy some new towels, curtains and knick knacks and poof! A brand new bathroom.
It's time to put on your big girl panties and deal with it!
Don't be so open-minded that your brains fall out.
There's no pill that cures stupid.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
~~In loving memory of Teddy~~1994-2007~~
Disney  Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:19 AM   #36
Kies99
I Can has Cheezburger???

We've done two remodels in that past 3 years. First was the master bathroom and we had to add a 2 story addition onto the house for that. If you want to see pics of that, you can see it here on my blog: http://mattkieslingsblog-o-rama.blogspot.com/

We also redid the bathroom for our 2 DD's. Originally it was the only full bathroom in the house. Here are pics:

This was just into the renovation (note the nice 50's yellow tile, sink and toilet):

This was the nice CAST IRON tub that matched the sink and toilet. Wouldn't fit out the door so we had to break it up. What a @*$^&!!

Here are some of the after (Note that there are some reflections and spots on the pictures, not in the bathroom itself):

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, bacon in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO what a ride!"

Some people are like slinkies, they don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!

Kies99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: