Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2013, 07:38 PM   #1
melissafox18
DIS Veteran

So many choices, so little time!

DH and I are spending 5 nights for my 30th birthday trip and we are doing an ADR for dinner every night (and a handful of breakfast ADRs). This trip isn't as much about the parks as it is the food and drinks since it's the last trip without kids. We're staying at CR for 2 nights and then CSR for the last 3 (CR didn't have availability for the length of our trip )

I need to choose dinner on our last night. So far I have:
Boma
Cali Grill (birthday dinner)
San Angel Inn
Via Napoli (I'm willing to switch this one out - we've eaten here before)

My options for the last dinner:
Ohana
Boma (again because it's going to be just that good - so they say!)
Kona Cafe
Be Our Guest (is the food that good or is the draw the location?)

Open to other suggestions as well!

If it matters, our breakfast ressies are:
Kona Cafe
Crystal Palace
Boma
Old 10-14-2013, 08:10 PM   #2
MinnieKitty
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissafox18 View Post
DH and I are spending 5 nights for my 30th birthday trip and we are doing an ADR for dinner every night (and a handful of breakfast ADRs). This trip isn't as much about the parks as it is the food and drinks since it's the last trip without kids. We're staying at CR for 2 nights and then CSR for the last 3 (CR didn't have availability for the length of our trip )

Boma
San Angel Inn

Ohana I have never eaten here, but I hear people on here raving about it, so it may be a good choice.
Boma (again because it's going to be just that good - so they say!)Haven't eaten here yet either, and although it may be that good, I wouldn't eat at the same place twice in one trip!
Kona CafeI know there are some die-hard Kona fans, but DH and I ate here during our last trip, and it was, in a word, horrible. We did not care for the food (except the bread they give you before your dinner) and it was by FAR the worst service we've ever experienced at WDW. Maybe you would go there and like it, but I could never recommend Kona to someone, especially as the final dinner of their special birthday trip!
Be Our Guest (is the food that good or is the draw the location?)We ate here twice for lunch during our last trip. The second time wasn't planned, but I fell so in love with this place that I insisted we go back for lunch on our departure day so that I could say goodbye to WDW at BOG. I have read that the dinner food is not quite as good as the lunch, but I'd go for dinner in a heartbeat! The inside is so beautiful, and it is really nice being able to explore all 3 rooms. Plus, you'd get to meet Beast!! And try the grey stuff!!

Kona Cafe
Crystal Palace
Boma
In conclusion, my vote is BOG!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2013, 08:11 PM   #3
WDWFANCBIIIME
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissafox18 View Post

Boma
San Angel Inn

Ohana
Boma (again because it's going to be just that good - so they say!)
Kona Cafe
Be Our Guest (is the food that good or is the draw the location?)

Kona Cafe
Crystal Palace
Boma
I think all of your options are great the only think I would add is Sanaa its pretty fantastic I would do this over Boma for sure (especially before I would do Boma twice, dont get me wrong I enjoy Boma its just not as good as Sanaa)
Old 10-14-2013, 08:41 PM   #4
Fivesacharm
Mouseketeer

One can not go to WDW and not eat at 'Ohana, it's as simple as that. The food is sooooo good and it's just a very nice family setting---the servers even refer to you as "cousin." Personally, it one of my family's traditions to eat there on the last night of our vacation and then take the monorail from the Poly to MK to watch the parade and fireworks. It's always the perfect end to our magical stay...

If for some reason, you really don't like the idea of eating at 'Ohana, BOG would be my second recommendation.I tend to agree with the majority that lunch is a little better than dinner, but the restaurant is absolutely gorgeous...it's amazing inside and definitely worth seeing. And the dinner food is still very good!

Fivesacharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:42 PM   #5
joanne312
DIS Veteran

I would try Ohana, especially if you've never been before! I wouldn't do Boma twice in one trip. It's good, but IMO not THAT good. The only restaurant we've ever done twice in one trip is actually Ohana, and that is after two trips that we were asking ourselves why we didn't do it twice.

Planning: Jan 2014 CSR, Oct 2014 BC
2013 POFQ ~ 2011 POR ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2008 DCL E. Caribbean ~ 2006 DCL W. Caribbean
joanne312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:51 PM   #6
benji2012
Mouseketeer

I have not had dinner at Boma, but I wouldn't plan on repeating a dinner that you haven't tried yet.

Of the choices you listed, I would pick 'Ohana (though I've never been...we book short notice and just haven't had the opportunity) or Be Our Guest. We had a great meal, but the draw really is the location.

Kona dinner, IMHO isn't "special". There is nothing wrong with it...but with so many other options...it wouldn't be even in my top 10.
benji2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:34 PM   #7
POTCfan
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

I went to Boma on my last trip to WDW. I really liked it, and will plan trips to eat there again, but I would probably only eat there once on a trip. Mainly because I like to try places I haven't been before. I haven't been to Ohana, but after reading many reviews, that is going to be one for our next trip!
Old 10-15-2013, 11:07 AM   #8
#1DopeyFan
DIS Veteran

Out of your options listed, I would say 'Ohana...Boma is great, but not twice in one trip...Kona was also great, but 'Ohana was better...and I can't speak for BOG dinner, lunch was good, but I haven't had dinner there yet.

Me ~ ...DD ~ 1996 ...DS ~ 1998 ...DS ~ 2005
September 2013 ~ Pop Century *** May 2013 ~ Hyatt Place/Darkside to see HP
Aug./Sept. 2012 ~ All Star Sports *** February 2008 ~ All Star Sports *** February 2007 ~ Disneyland Hotel
September 2005 ~ Coronado Springs *** February 2005 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge
May 2004 ~ Pop Century *** Dec. 2003 ~ Yacht Club
Jan. 2003 ~ Coronado Springs *** June 2002 ~ Off Site
Jan. 2002 ~ Off Site *** Aug. 2001 ~ All Star Movies
Jan. 1998 ~ Off Site *** Jan. 1995 ~ Off Site
#1DopeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: