Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2013, 04:15 PM   #1
SherriA1
Earning My Ears

Be Our Guest Restaurant for Lunch

Has anyone been to Be Our Guest Restaurant for lunch? If so, any favorite entrees? I am hoping to eat lunch there on an upcoming trip! Thanks.
SherriA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:22 PM   #2
wdwislife
DIS Veteran

I've been there a few times for lunch, and I LOVE it! Incredible atmosphere, innovative technology and delicious food! I'm a fan of the turkey sandwich (my father said it's the best he's ever had) and the croque Monsieur, but I've also heard great things about the quiche and braised pork.

I always recommend it for an early or late lunch though, because the line gets very long around typical lunch time!

WDW TRIPS Feb 2000: offsite | Feb 2002: offsite/yacht club | Feb 2004: offsite | Feb 2006: offsite | Feb 2008: offsite/boardwalk | Feb 2010: Contemporary/offsite | Dec 2010: SUPRISE TRIP at the POP! | Feb 2012: offsite/all-star movies | May 2013: POFQ | Aug 2013: AKL | Sept 2013: FW Cabins | Nov 2013: YC | Dec 2013: CBR | March 2014: Offsite | DL TRIPS Aug 2008: offsite | July 2009: offsite | Aug 2011: offsite | DCL TRIPS Aug 2012: 4 Day Canada/NE, Disney Magic | DLP TRIPS Dec 2012: Sequoia Lodge |
wdwislife is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2013, 04:24 PM   #3
jkluttrell
Mouseketeer

What are the times lunch is served? I plan to eat a late lunch there when we go but I don't want to plan to get in line at 4:30 if they cut off the line at 4:00.

Disney vacations: March 1992, Offsite; March 2005, Offsite; October 2010, Caribbean Beach; November 2011, Port Orleans; October 2013, Pop Century; October 2014, Cruise on the Wonder

jkluttrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:26 PM   #4
Reddog1134
DIS Veteran

I really liked the steak sandwich but the discontinued it.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:27 PM   #5
OLIVIA'S DADDY
Mouseketeer

The grilled ham and cheese (not sure of the real name) is really good. The fries are good (crispy) and the strawberry cheesecake cupcake is amazing. Don't let the long line scare you either, it goes really fast. We were at the turn by the end of the bridge where the stoller parking and walkway to Gaston's and The Little Mermaid are and we only waited 20 minutes to get in and order. Definitely worth it, a must do for both lunch and dinner in my opinion.
OLIVIA'S DADDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:30 PM   #6
Phil Dunphy
Go Carolina Rams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkluttrell View Post
What are the times lunch is served? I plan to eat a late lunch there when we go but I don't want to plan to get in line at 4:30 if they cut off the line at 4:00.
I think they stop lunch about 2:30.
Phil Dunphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:45 PM   #7
Good Morning Dewdrop
DIS Veteran

We ate early (this was back in January) to try to avoid the crowds - I want to say they opened at 10:30 and we were in shortly after that.

I had the turkey sandwich - not overly impressed - it was (as I recall) mainly turkey and some kind of sauce -and bread - it felt like it should have something more like cheese in it or not be a sandwich - just be turkey by itself.

Dh had the braised pork and really liked it.

Previous Magical Adventures:
  • AP #3 September 2013 - AS Music; November 2013 - AS Music; January 2014 - AS Music; May 2014 SWW AS Music
    AP #2 January 2013 - AS Music: October 2012 - AS Music; September 2012 - AoA - LM opening day!; April 2012 - AS Sports; January/February 2012 - AS Music
  • AP #1 September 2011 - AS Music; May 2011 - AS Music - D23 Scavenger Hunt - Team "Pixie Dust"!!; February 2011 - AS Music; December 2010 - POFQ; September 2010 - AS Music
  • September 2009 - AS Music & CBR
  • January 2009 - AS Music
  • January 2008 - POP
  • January 2007 - AS Movies
Good Morning Dewdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:54 PM   #8
ExBellhop
Vice President of Spider-Man

Unimpressed for lunch, food-wise. Got a Croque Monsieur (Croquet Monster, in our group ) and the Tuna Nicoise.

Croque Monsieur was fine, but we prefer the similar Ham and Cheese Croissant in France/Epcot for much less $$. Obviously, if you are in MK, you are not going to zip over to France to grab the cheaper sandwich, so in this case, the bottom line is this sandwich is tasty.

Tuna Nicoise. You broke my heart. Your lovely picture in the menu of large, thick slices of tuna. Your HD images on the touchscreen, begging to be caressed, and part me from my $13. Your completely tiny and disappointing 4 slices of tuna, that composed 3 bites each. The bitterness in my soul as I contemplated how many Citrus Swirls I could have purchased with $13... (I'll try to add a pic later, don't have it available right now)

For me, I would not return for lunch. I would however try dinner. Fickle, I know

Forgot dessert - definitely the highlight of our meal. Tried 4 of 6 items, all were winners. Stuff your face!

No trips scheduled at this time. Watch this space for new details soon!

Last edited by ExBellhop; 07-16-2013 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Who could forget dessert?!
ExBellhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 05:11 PM   #9
xsuki000
Mouseketeer

I had the Quinoa Salad with the Lemon Creme Puff. The salad was extremely filling, had the right amount of dressing. and the creme puff was really good. There's something dietary special about it. I can't remember what it is but the cm recommended it and it made me think twice about ordering it, but I tried it anyway and it turned out great. It wasn't too sweet or tart.
xsuki000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 05:14 PM   #10
FosterLovesMickey
Ready for Disney......

I had the braised pork, which is one of my favorite meals from our whole trip. We'll definitely be going back, and I expect that it will be for lunch again.

Many visits as a child / 1st trip with my husband 1996 (All Star Sports) / 1st trip with my girls Feb 16-23, 2013 (POP Century) /
2nd trip with my girls Feb 21 - March 1, 2014 (POP Century)
Planning for 2015 - Booked room @ POP for 1/23 - 2/1!
FosterLovesMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 05:21 PM   #11
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

We had lunch at BOG during our trip the second week of June. We loved it!! My husband actually listed it in his top 3 favorites from our trip. I will say, we stood in line for 40 minutes during the HOTTEST day of June! The heat index was over 100 and it was HOT. They passed out Disney golf umbrellas to the people in line to use to block the sun (I wanted to ask to buy one!) and when we were leaving they were walking up and down the line with a cooler of ice water and cups (where was the water when we were in line!?!?) We really enjoyed our food and it was a great experience! I have some pictures if you want me to share
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
SRUAlmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 05:33 PM   #12
MADnNOLA
DIS Veteran

Here is an excellent thread on this same subject in the Restaurants Board.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ight=bog+lunch
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails." - Samuel L. Clemens

MADnNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:24 AM   #13
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExBellhop View Post
Unimpressed for lunch, food-wise. Got a Croque Monsieur (Croquet Monster, in our group ) and the Tuna Nicoise.

Tuna Nicoise. You broke my heart. Your lovely picture in the menu of large, thick slices of tuna. Your HD images on the touchscreen, begging to be caressed, and part me from my $13. Your completely tiny and disappointing 4 slices of tuna, that composed 3 bites each. The bitterness in my soul as I contemplated how many Citrus Swirls I could have purchased with $13... (I'll try to add a pic later, don't have it available right now)
Thanks for the hilarious Tuna Nicoise review! When we were there in May I had trouble deciding between the Tuna Nicoise and the braised pork. I went with the braised pork and enjoyed it, but was planning on trying the Tuna Nicoise when I returned in Sept.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:40 AM   #14
AuroraRora
Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExBellhop View Post
Tuna Nicoise. You broke my heart. Your lovely picture in the menu of large, thick slices of tuna. Your HD images on the touchscreen, begging to be caressed, and part me from my $13. Your completely tiny and disappointing 4 slices of tuna, that composed 3 bites each. The bitterness in my soul as I contemplated how many Citrus Swirls I could have purchased with $13...
Best review ever!!

I love love love BOG for lunch, now it's the only place we go when we're in MK over lunchtime. And if we had ADR's, we'd go for dinner later that day too! I got the steak sandwich but wasn't too impressed, so I'm not overly upset it's gone now, but the turkey sandwich was so delicious. I was worried it might be dry, but it was super tasty. Normally my appetite would only let me eat half of it and the fries, but it was so good I kept going back to it until it was all gone. The fries are great too.

And the cupcakes, oh the cupcakes! You MUST get a strawberry cheesecake one... best cupcake I've ever had! Just don't try to take it out it's wrapper, its a losing battle.
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:01 AM   #15
molitva
Mouseketeer

BF loved the steak sandwich so much he got it both times we went (what? they no longer have it? I can't break the news to him).

I had the ham and cheese and thought it was pretty good. Second time I had the turkey sandwich and found it a bit bland. I wouldn't order it again.

The cupcake and cream puffs were good-I'd probably go with a cream puff again.

We visited in December and lined up at 10:30 each time and were in the door by 11 a.m.
molitva is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: