Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2013, 10:18 AM   #76
LisaR

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Princess'_Daddy View Post
I haven't seen the video and the corresponding curriculum, so I don't know whether it is accurate to say that everything within it needs to be taught (unless it begins and ends with "don't touch, get an adult, guns are not toys," however, it would not be acceptable to me). I can also say that I honestly don't care whether it's perceived by pro-gun industry advocates as "neutral", as I will not allow the primary gun industry lobbying group to teach my children anything. The NRA teaching gun safety in school would be akin to me, and to many people, as Planned Parenthood teaching Abstinence Education in a Southern Baptist church. I'll let Joe Camel teach my children not to smoke before I'll let the gun industry's lobby teach my children how to handle their products.

Would you be amenable to using the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence's curriculum in schools?
LisaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:26 PM   #77
snarlingcoyote
I know people who live in really carpy school districts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo4x4 View Post
We took a week out of math to take the hunters safety course, though it wasn't until 7th grade. I lost the card and this was before computer generated records. Years later when the course became mandatory, I had to retake it
Here in Louisiana, people born a few years after DH and I have to provide evidence of taking the course to get their hunter's permits, but older than that and you're exempt.

I'm pretty sure DH's certificate is in his dresser though and mine is in a scrapbook my mom made of my school days. That course and archery were the only two I got A's in for PE the whole year, so you're darn tooting I kept that certificate!
snarlingcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: