Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2013, 02:32 PM   #241
Dianepeters55
Earning My Ears

We arrive at AKL on 8/17 and we got an email that our magic bands have shipped and UPS tracking says we'll have them on Monday.
Dianepeters55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 02:57 PM   #242
luvgoing2disney
DIS Veteran

Forgive me if I don't have all the details but I assume when I sign onto MDE if I can find no area or get a message regarding FP+ or MB I am not included for the test? Arrive September 7.

1997, 2000, 2002, 2004, Disneyland 2005, 2006, October 2007, May 2008, Christmas 2009, Disneyland 2011, April 2012, May 2013, September 2013, Disneyland April 2014
luvgoing2disney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-20-2013, 03:01 PM   #243
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvgoing2disney View Post
Forgive me if I don't have all the details but I assume when I sign onto MDE if I can find no area or get a message regarding FP+ or MB I am not included for the test? Arrive September 7.
No one outside of August appears to be eligible right now.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 03:03 PM   #244
DisneyMarv
Mouseketeer

Quote:
as of right now only guest arriving in the month of August get to be part of the next beta testing no word yet on the September dates as i'm waiting to see if they get rolled out by then or they continue testing thru September also.
“Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

DisneyMarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 03:17 PM   #245
luvgoing2disney
DIS Veteran

Ok thanks for clearing and explaining that for me. I'm excited about the format and want to try it if at all possible

1997, 2000, 2002, 2004, Disneyland 2005, 2006, October 2007, May 2008, Christmas 2009, Disneyland 2011, April 2012, May 2013, September 2013, Disneyland April 2014
luvgoing2disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 03:27 PM   #246
DisneyMarv
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Ok thanks for clearing and explaining that for me. I'm excited about the format and want to try it if at all possible
well i just got off with a friend who is a cast member and she is telling me that the magic bands should be ready to roll out by late august early september but not giving any official dates but i hope its true... I would love to have my magic band for september as i am a AP Holder.....
“Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

Last edited by DisneyMarv; 07-20-2013 at 06:40 PM.
Old 07-20-2013, 03:58 PM   #247
Fire14
Spartan Living in land of Buckeyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMarv View Post
well i just got off with a friend who is a cast member and she is telling me that the magic bands should be ready to roll out by late august early september but not giving and official dates but i hope its true... I would love to have my magic band for september as i am a AP Holder.....
Makes 2 of us but I see a call to tech support in my future since I'm thinking I have My Ap plus, Dh's coworkers AP linked to me.
Old 07-20-2013, 04:05 PM   #248
DisneyMarv
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire14 View Post
Makes 2 of us but I see a call to tech support in my future since I'm thinking I have My Ap plus, Dh's coworkers AP linked to me.
i know you can call tech support now and they will be able to link back the annual pass to your account.

Old 07-20-2013, 04:13 PM   #249
Fire14
Spartan Living in land of Buckeyes.

Quote:
i know you can call tech support now and they will be able to link back the annual pass to your account.
Mine is on there and listed for me, the other green card is the one I'm not sure if it's coworker's or my old but never really rfid AP, The coworker is on vacation right now and let's just say a nervous Nellie type so I really don't want to start asking questions unless I have too. I have 1 kttw card which numbers match my May 2013 pkg. kttw card. The coworker (d) has 2 kttw cards and no green card listed under him.
WE had a ro res before pkg. so the kttw cards under D could be his from that stay, but seems crazy I only have 1 kttw card and he has 2.
Old 07-20-2013, 04:14 PM   #250
Mariannekay
Now, think of the happiest things. It's the same as having wings.

Quote:

well i just got off with a friend who is a cast member and she is telling me that the magic bands should be ready to roll out by late august early september but not giving and official dates but i hope its true... I would love to have my magic band for september as i am a AP Holder.....
This would be so great! We are arriving 9/4 and would love to take advantage of fast pass +! The idea of not having to stress about getting TSMM fast passes totally sells me on the whole deal LOL!
Old 07-20-2013, 04:44 PM   #251
DisneyMarv
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariannekay View Post
This would be so great! We are arriving 9/4 and would love to take advantage of fast pass +! The idea of not having to stress about getting TSMM fast passes totally sells me on the whole deal LOL!
Crossing my fingers and hoping its true I will be arriving Sept 13 also

Old 07-20-2013, 05:16 PM   #252
Gruff320
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Anne

I am staying at Pop and just got the e-mail. However, my reservation is somewhat complicated as I will be there on a Cast Member discount (my son is a cast member). When I went in and tried sign up I used my personal log in and the reservation # and it told me the reservation was in my son's name and would not let me get any further. So I was able to contact him and he gave me his log on info but again it did not let us get any further then telling us the reservation was in his name. He is going to call the number listed and see if he can get it straighten out. We have annual passes (well I do, he doesn't as he has his CM entry to the parks) so I have no idea how the fast pass will work out. We are on the counter service dining plan and he felt that is why we were picked to be part of the Magic Band Testing.
I'm not sure, but a rumor I read a while back somewhere on these boards (and who knows if it's true or has changed) stated that the CM had to log in to the cast member site (Cast Portal I think? Can't remember the name) to book FP+ times for their guests. No clue on the Magic Bands, though.

We are also staying under a reservation using the CM Other Guest Bedroom discount, but my friend made the reservation in my name so it's linked to my MDE account (he isn't staying in the room with us, so it's the lesser discount). Now, we are staying in September so I don't have access to anything magic band or FP+ related on the website (yet, haha) but I can see everything else in regards to our trip. You might have him investigate if he needs to log into the CM site or something to book your FP+ times. I'd be curious to know as well! I haven't asked my CM friend to look into it for us yet because he thinks I'm a little too enthusiastic about this trip and he doesn't like the MyMagic+ idea to begin with. LMAO. I'll be asking him next month, though :-)

Gruff320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 05:51 PM   #253
Mary Anne
Not sure what season that is
I couldn't figure this out It was driving me crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruff320 View Post
I'm not sure, but a rumor I read a while back somewhere on these boards (and who knows if it's true or has changed) stated that the CM had to log in to the cast member site (Cast Portal I think? Can't remember the name) to book FP+ times for their guests. No clue on the Magic Bands, though.

We are also staying under a reservation using the CM Other Guest Bedroom discount, but my friend made the reservation in my name so it's linked to my MDE account (he isn't staying in the room with us, so it's the lesser discount). Now, we are staying in September so I don't have access to anything magic band or FP+ related on the website (yet, haha) but I can see everything else in regards to our trip. You might have him investigate if he needs to log into the CM site or something to book your FP+ times. I'd be curious to know as well! I haven't asked my CM friend to look into it for us yet because he thinks I'm a little too enthusiastic about this trip and he doesn't like the MyMagic+ idea to begin with. LMAO. I'll be asking him next month, though :-)
This is very helpful! and makes a lot of sense. I bet he does have to call cast connections. He can make the reservation via the portal but to add the food plan that he has to call so I bet he has to call for this also. Once it gets all sorted out, I'll be sure to come back and update you.
Mary Anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 07:17 PM   #254
Gruff320
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Anne

This is very helpful! and makes a lot of sense. I bet he does have to call cast connections. He can make the reservation via the portal but to add the food plan that he has to call so I bet he has to call for this also. Once it gets all sorted out, I'll be sure to come back and update you.
Sounds good! All of this new stuff is confusing enough and then to add CM discounts and perks on top of it makes it even more so. LOL. I look forward to hearing how it all works out for you guys!

We are only staying at a Disney resort (POR) for a couple of days during our trip and the rest of the time at my CM friend's house, but I'm one of the folks excited about MyMagic+ and hope to get the Magic Band, even for just the two days, during our trip! We might get the CM discounted dining plan for those days, too, like you're doing, but last he checked, the September discounts weren't released yet or if they will even offer it with the free dining going on...

Gruff320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:41 PM   #255
Mary Anne
Not sure what season that is
I couldn't figure this out It was driving me crazy

Ok, we called and the Disney Tech was able to link the CM reservation to the My disney experience. I was able to make fp reservations for 3 attractions + Pirates for the day I picked. I could not do any for my son who is a CM as CM cannot use FP+ system yet. I also could not do my other son as they did not fix his link yet from the reservation system to the my disney experience system to link his fp+. I'll deal with that tomorrow.
Mary Anne is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: