Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2013, 06:16 PM   #46
mdurette
DIS Veteran

Budget has some great pricing right off their home page.

$17 per day for compact + taxes and fees
$22 per day for small SUV + taxes and fees

I just booked 9 days SUV for Nov. Final price was $238
mdurette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:33 PM   #47
MondaysChild
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the budget tip! I had three days booked for a mini SUV for 170 and this rate lowered it to 100, I had to change the hours of the rental to get the low rate oddly. Hoping the rate will stick when I go to pick it up 2 hours early! I will keep my current as a backup in case then cancel it if things work out!

Last edited by MondaysChild; 08-18-2013 at 09:41 PM.
MondaysChild is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-19-2013, 04:09 AM   #48
plumeriainseattle
Mouseketeer

I booked Firefly (backed by Hertz). For Nov 13-18, mid size (Dodge avenger or similar) for $97.08.
plumeriainseattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:42 AM   #49
Parad0x
Disney Enthusiast - 35+ visits

Hi everyone, first post. I've been visiting Disney World since I was a child and now that I have a child of my own we've been visiting quite a bit. I've probably been 30+ times in total.

Anyways, I wanted to share for those going this November I just got a very good rate at Alamo this morning.

Signing in under the Alamo Insiders and using code AD2338FDF I scored a full size for 14 days (November 13 - 27) for $282 total with all taxes/surcharges etc. Of course small sized vehicles were even less!

Back in April I got Alamo for 8 days full size for $152 which I thought was amazing and this one is almost as good, so just wanted to pass it along. I've been keeping track for weeks now and this so far is the best price I have received during my dates. I prefer Alamo to other companies simply because I can pick whichever car I like in the isle. It's nice never getting the same model twice, even visiting 2 & 3 times a year.

Last edited by Parad0x; 08-19-2013 at 09:48 AM.
Parad0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:59 AM   #50
zamboniman333
Ye come Seeking Adventure and Saly Old Pirates, A Ye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parad0x View Post
Hi everyone, first post. I've been visiting Disney World since I was a child and now that I have a child of my own we've been visiting quite a bit. I've probably been 30+ times in total.

Anyways, I wanted to share for those going this November I just got a very good rate at Alamo this morning.

Signing in under the Alamo Insiders and using code AD2338FDF I scored a full size for 14 days (November 13 - 27) for $282 total with all taxes/surcharges etc.

Back in April I got Alamo for 8 days for $152 which I thought was amazing and this one is almost as good, so just wanted to pass it along. I've been keeping track for weeks now and this so far is the best price I have received during my dates. I prefer Alamo to other companies simply because I can pick whichever car I like in the isle. It's nice never getting the same model twice, even visiting 2 and even 3 times a year.
Thanks you just saved me $90

zamboniman333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:06 AM   #51
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14

Quote:

Signing in under the Alamo Insiders and using code AD2338FDF I scored a full size for 14 days (November 13 - 27) for $282 total with all taxes/surcharges etc. Of course small sized vehicles were even less!

Back in April I got Alamo for 8 days full size for $152 which I thought was amazing and this one is almost as good, so just wanted to pass it along. I've been keeping track for weeks now and this so far is the best price I have received during my dates. I prefer Alamo to other companies simply because I can pick whichever car I like in the isle. It's nice never getting the same model twice, even visiting 2 & 3 times a year.
Wow, I just tried it and it gave me a price of over $1,000 for 14 days!!!!!!! lol Had to do a double take!!!!!!!

mrsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:34 AM   #52
Parad0x

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsap View Post
Wow, I just tried it and it gave me a price of over $1,000 for 14 days!!!!!!! lol Had to do a double take!!!!!!!
Wow, I just tried it again and it is still showing me $237 for an economy up to $282 for the full size. Maybe it's the time you are using, that sometimes affects car rental pricing. Though I tried mine from 8am thru 11am and it gave me the same price irregardless. Also, maybe you weren't logged in as an 'Alamo Insider"? Just thinking of what caused it to be so high...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamboniman333 View Post
Thanks you just saved me $90
Glad I could help! Not bad for my first post, eh? lol
Old 08-19-2013, 10:40 AM   #53
mrsap

Quote:

Wow, I just tried it again and it is still showing me $237 for an economy up to $282 for the full size. Maybe it's the time you are using, that sometimes affects car rental pricing. Though I tried mine from 8am thru 11am and it gave me the same price irregardless.

Yes, very true. Could also be your location. I'm coming from NJ, picking up 8am, beginning of Thanksgiving week.

Old 08-19-2013, 10:41 AM   #54
zamboniman333

Quote:

Wow, I just tried it again and it is still showing me $237 for an economy up to $282 for the full size. Maybe it's the time you are using, that sometimes affects car rental pricing. Though I tried mine from 8am thru 11am and it gave me the same price irregardless. Also, maybe you weren't logged in as an 'Alamo Insider"? Just thinking of what caused it to be so high...

Great first post !! We have been checking like crazy and this us by far the best price we have found so far!!! Also really kind Alamo and being able to pick your car/van/SUV

Old 08-19-2013, 10:41 AM   #55
Parad0x

Dollar also has city specials right now for $251 for a compact thru $279 for a full size during my dates (Nov 13-27) which are 14 days using no coupons or anything.

But I still like Alamo for the $3 more I spent using the info I gave a few posts above for those reasons.

I should also mention for anyone wanting a convertible, the absolute lowest price i've found i again, Alamo using the Vroom Vroom code found earlier in this thread. It came out to $599 for my dates. Lowest around but still to high for me to justify a convertible.

Also, those off airport rental places may be cheaper by a bit but convenience trumps traveling to those places, for me at least!

Last edited by Parad0x; 08-19-2013 at 10:46 AM.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:43 AM   #56
Parad0x

Quote:
Yes, very true. Could also be your location. I'm coming from NJ, picking up 8am, beginning of Thanksgiving week.

Duh, yeah, the dates of p/u could also be affecting it greatly lol. I hope you find a great rate, I'm sure you will checking every day. It takes 5-10 minutes a day but I always score a full size for around $18-$20 a day all taxes and such included if I keep checking before each trip.

Oh, I also leave from NJ (Newark). I live in Staten Island so Newark is so much easier to get to.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:42 AM   #57
mrsap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parad0x

Duh, yeah, the dates of p/u could also be affecting it greatly lol. I hope you find a great rate, I'm sure you will checking every day. It takes 5-10 minutes a day but I always score a full size for around $18-$20 a day all taxes and such included if I keep checking before each trip.

Oh, I also leave from NJ (Newark). I live in Staten Island so Newark is so much easier to get to.
This is by far the most expensive rate for my days, by about $500+ dollars compared to other companies. Maybe I did something wrong, but I will try again.

Old 08-19-2013, 01:19 PM   #58
Parad0x

Quote:
This is by far the most expensive rate for my days, by about $500+ dollars compared to other companies. Maybe I did something wrong, but I will try again.
Hmm, I just tried the dates of 11/24/13 to 12/1/13 and for a full size it shows me $260.

I also tried 11/23 - 11/30 and 11/25 - 12/2 and the rate remains the same as above. The times I am using is 10:30am p/u and 5am return.

If you don't mind, what are the dates you're trying, I'll put them in and see what I get.

Last edited by Parad0x; 08-19-2013 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Offering help if date of travel are provided
Old 08-20-2013, 08:44 AM   #59
mrsap

Quote:

Hmm, I just tried the dates of 11/24/13 to 12/1/13 and for a full size it shows me $260.

I also tried 11/23 - 11/30 and 11/25 - 12/2 and the rate remains the same as above. The times I am using is 10:30am p/u and 5am return.

If you don't mind, what are the dates you're trying, I'll put them in and see what I get.
The first time I did it was picking up in Newark. Just tried again, full size, picking up from Iselin, 14 days, and its giving me $681.81.

You did say your price was for 14 days, right?

Old 08-20-2013, 09:32 AM   #60
zamboniman333

The prices are for picking up at MCO (Orlando) at least for me the are maybe someone is using Sanford or Tampa or a hotel pickup ( but in Florida)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: