Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2013, 07:10 PM   #751
FrugalFashionista
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post

I won't be calling in, but I'll be attempting to keep up here.

Any predictions on how many people will get told by a CM that there's no such thing as free dining? Are there also any predictions on anyone getting told that there has NEVER BEEN free dining...yes I've been told that before.

It will be an interesting morning as always. I remember the first day calling in for September, what a wild day. Then three days later it happens again for the public offer, but that seems a bit muted compared to the visa day.
I'm hoping someone posts the code so I can just give it to them versus arguing!
DS6

First Family Trip: December 2013

Already planning for 2015!
FrugalFashionista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:10 PM   #752
shellypaige
Mouseketeer

What are the chances RO will come out the same dates as Free Dining? Is it worth trying to call July 29?
shellypaige is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2013, 07:16 PM   #753
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

Quote:
Imagine how it's going to be in here on the 29th...
I'm going to have to watch from the sidelines since it will be my mother handleing this. I've had to write everything down for her on what to say or ask for. And told her if the cm tells you there is no fd DON'T HANG UP and ask for a supervisor. I wish I could switch my hours at work but it's hard to find someone willing to work a 16 hr day. But I'll have my kindle with me so I can post something once she texts me that it's over. After this I'll have to wait for them to open up November for the dessert party.

77,79,88 OS89,92 FW96 ASM05 OS07,09,11 POP13 POFQ/POR2015 POP
DAD(50), MOM(49) ,SON(17)
babydoll65 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:18 PM   #754
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalFashionista View Post
I'm hoping someone posts the code so I can just give it to them versus arguing!
I've never had a code when calling. If the CM isn't one of the few who doesn't know anything about it, it's never been a problem. If the CM is one of the few, they'll argue with you even if you have a code anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellypaige View Post
What are the chances RO will come out the same dates as Free Dining? Is it worth trying to call July 29?
Pretty good, that's what happened when the September free dining was released.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

black562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:20 PM   #755
FrugalFashionista
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I've never had a code when calling. If the CM isn't one of the few who doesn't know anything about it, it's never been a problem. If the CM is one of the few, they'll argue with you even if you have a code anyway.

Pretty good, that's what happened when the September free dining was released.
Problem is I'm going through a TA and she says there's a code that they have to plug in. Or is she wrong?
DS6

Old 07-17-2013, 07:23 PM   #756
faithsmth
Mouseketeer

I'm going to be the first person waiting for my TA as soon as she arrives to work on August 1. I might actually be sitting in her chair.

Me DH DD

faithsmth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:23 PM   #757
cgerdon02
Mouseketeer

I talked my hubby into upgrading to Carribean Beach Resort from Pop since we got this news!!! We have only ever been to Pop so I am so excited! When I plugged our dates into POR the standard room was already unavailable so I assume that means no free dining for that room? My kids are super excited about the pool at CBR though!! What are the chances of CBR standard rooms selling out quickly with free dining?
Old 07-17-2013, 07:24 PM   #758
kddisney502
P: What's the problem with Goofy?
L: Wish I knew, he's fine with Pluto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bflo Dave View Post
AoA LM rooms are always excluded from the promos because there are only 4 rooms and will always sell out since the are highly popular and sold at value pricing.
There's 864 LM room. You got the 4 right But they are very popular. Cheapest way to enjoy the newest resort and only slightly more expensive per night (rack rate) than the other values. I would love to stay there, but DH isn't convinced about being surrounded by LM decor at night
kddisney502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:25 PM   #759
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalFashionista View Post
Problem is I'm going through a TA and she says there's a code that they have to plug in. Or is she wrong?
I have never had to give my TA a code for free dining. She calls first thing at 7 am and gives me minute by minute updates. Very smooth for the times I had to work and could not call; basically the only reason I use a TA. Good luck with yours, wish you the best!!!!

plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:28 PM   #760
FrugalFashionista
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post

I have never had to give my TA a code for free dining. She calls first thing at 7 am and gives me minute by minute updates. Very smooth for the times I had to work and could not call; basically the only reason I use a TA. Good luck with yours, wish you the best!!!!
Ok I will talk to her again. She seemed a little overwhelmed today so maybe she was thinking about a PIN.
DS6

Old 07-17-2013, 07:28 PM   #761
disneymania0711
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post

Lion King, and everybody who wanted that as there 1st or 2nd choice got it the first day of both releases (DV and GP). I believe they were even available the second day but by the third day they were gone. Cars was only available a few days after that. There is always a chance and you could always try the online option too; even if you are on hold to speak to a CM...lol.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
I'd be ok with Lion King. I've been looking at them I think I may even like that theme a little more!! Lol. Thanks for the info!!
2015 - In Planning Mode!!!

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." - Walt Disney

disneymania0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:55 PM   #762
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymania0711 View Post
I'd be ok with Lion King. I've been looking at them I think I may even like that theme a little more!! Lol. Thanks for the info!!
That is exactly what I did and thought too...lol. They are super cute and I love the colors.

However, not to freak anyone out, about a month after booking free dining I asked my TA to check about changing number of ticket days before the increase. She gave me a new "total" and I am no math whiz, but I knew something was wrong. I asked her and she thought the same thing and called. The CM thought he was applying the free dining, but instead did a room only and changed me from the regular dining plan to quick service. The case went to an official 24-hour review and because they tape record all TA calls, Disney was able to verify it was their mistake and put me back in a Nemo room with the free dining. That was very nice, but the Lion King rooms had grown on me.

Last edited by plutospalforever; 07-17-2013 at 08:01 PM.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:56 PM   #763
hippsmom
Mouseketeer

If CM's do not know about the discount on the morning of the 29th when do you expect them to know, later that same day? I am so tense about this I just don't think I could handle being told no again!
hippsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:58 PM   #764
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippsmom View Post
If CM's do not know about the discount on the morning of the 29th when do you expect them to know, later that same day? I am so tense about this I just don't think I could handle being told no again!
Don't hang up! Just ask them to check their morning email or/and to ask their supervisor!

Old 07-17-2013, 08:09 PM   #765
SPittVol
Earning My Ears

I'm new to the forum, as I've been lurking and reading about the free dining for the last week or so. Someone earlier mentioned the POR standard view rooms are booked up for the time period they will be at Disney. The same is true for me. I'll be there 10/18 - 10/23 and I currently have a standard view room at POR. I checked the other day and all of the standard view rooms are booked. Does that mean I will have to upgrade to a Garden or River view room in order to get the free dining? Thanks in advance.
SPittVol is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: