Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2013, 01:03 PM   #481
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tewser22 View Post
Quick question, does your entire party need to be there on your arrival date for free dining?
Some of my children have mandatory testing on Oct 2 & 3rd so I was thinking of splitting the group and have half arrive on the 2nd with one parent and the rest on the 3rd with the other parent.
I know it seems like a lot of hassle but my daughter's 16th birthday is the 5th so the time frame can't be moved by much and it seems a shame to be so close to the free dining dates and not take advantage of it.
As a general rule, no. You could have that first half check in with an adult and it shouldn't be a problem.

I'd heard of them requiring all adults to be present at check in because people were adding additional adults to get/use the credits that weren't actually coming.

Your reason and explanation is all it should take, and at most they might ask that the other adult come to the front desk for their KTTW when they arrive but I don't think you'll have an issue in the slightest.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:10 PM   #482
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earth Mama View Post
Quoting myself I wouldn't want to book my whole trip on her card.

And the deposit I already made would transfer to a new ressie right?
You would just need to make a new deposit with the Disney Visa but it shouldn't be a problem to use it for both reservations. You'd just have $400 on there instead of $200. You'll just have to do a deposit with the DV for both.

If you have a RO and are going to a package then your RO deposit will be refunded and will not transfer.
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2013, 01:11 PM   #483
tewser22
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much!
tewser22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:28 PM   #484
Jrits
Mouseketeer

If I alrready booked and now call to add free dining, do I lose my dining reservations? I have a aaa room discount and then park hoppers as well, but it's to considered a package bc aaa only discounts the room.
Jrits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:33 PM   #485
AwayWeGo
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
If only you hadn't booked your flight. I always tell folks never to make any nonrefundable plans until the promo becomes official because anything can change at the last minute.

Where are you staying? That's quite a bit so I'm guessing it must be deluxe? Maybe check the cost of changing your flight, it may only be a hundred dollars or so to do that. But regardless, don't make any more changes until the offer goes live and you are able to get something....but it's worth investigating in the meantime.

I do hope something can be worked out. I hate hearing stories like this.
Yes, if only I hadn't booked my flight. Even though changing dates wouldn't fall on our lovely week of celebrations, being able to still go would have been great. I normally wouldn't have bought the plane tickets, but the prices we were seeing were crazy good...as in good enough we could actually afford them, but if they went up we would be driving. We bought tickets for $230 a person roundtrip. We watched flights for a week or so and they were creeping up in price. We bit before they would be too much to afford. I checked the fees for switching this morning...Airline fee of $200, and Orbitz fee of $30 per person...so we would basically pay double airfare to change dates.

Our reservation is for 8days/7nights at POFQ (we have only stayed at All Stars before and thought we were really being fancy this time) We have 6 days of park tickets, and they are base tickets due to saving money wherever we can. Then the dining plan puts us at $4,420.28 for a garden view room.

I called and freaked out a cm from all the crying while asking how much it would be if we switched to All Stars and it would bring it down to $3,742. Still $1,000 more than I budgeted for and not at all where I wanted to be. This trip was supposed to be the big one...the special one. I also asked of my father still had his pin that he could have used. (We both went on a trip in March 2012 and I booked both of them...my email received his pin and we didn't receive one. He isn't going again. But, I still asked if it had expired yet, because I thought I could talk him into going again and let him book for us...nope...expired already so missed out on that way.)

I'm so sorry to sound so whiny. I'm usually not a whiny person, but I'm devastated about this, and I have no one to talk to about it. My head hurts and I'm up to my ears in corn trying to put it up...and I just can't get ahold of myself. I understand these numbers may not be a big thing for some...but we do the best we can with what we have and every dollar in our household must be accounted for if we are to have anything.

Does anyone know of any possible way I can find a free dining pin? I don't want to go on the vacation if those special ADRs I made so carefully to celebrate our bdays and anniversary are gone. I think the whole time we are there I would be disappointed, thinking about how it would have been.

I wish I had read more on the disboards before now. I recently started reading a lot, but it was too late...I wouldn't have booked before the dates were announced...if I had only read.
AwayWeGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:44 PM   #486
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrits View Post
If I alrready booked and now call to add free dining, do I lose my dining reservations? I have a aaa room discount and then park hoppers as well, but it's to considered a package bc aaa only discounts the room.
No, dining reservations are separate from any room or package reservations. You actually don't need to be a resort guest to make dining reservations; they are open to anyone visiting WDW.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:45 PM   #487
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwayWeGo View Post
Yes, if only I hadn't booked my flight. Even though changing dates wouldn't fall on our lovely week of celebrations, being able to still go would have been great. I normally wouldn't have bought the plane tickets, but the prices we were seeing were crazy good...as in good enough we could actually afford them, but if they went up we would be driving. We bought tickets for $230 a person roundtrip. We watched flights for a week or so and they were creeping up in price. We bit before they would be too much to afford. I checked the fees for switching this morning...Airline fee of $200, and Orbitz fee of $30 per person...so we would basically pay double airfare to change dates.

Our reservation is for 8days/7nights at POFQ (we have only stayed at All Stars before and thought we were really being fancy this time) We have 6 days of park tickets, and they are base tickets due to saving money wherever we can. Then the dining plan puts us at $4,420.28 for a garden view room.

I called and freaked out a cm from all the crying while asking how much it would be if we switched to All Stars and it would bring it down to $3,742. Still $1,000 more than I budgeted for and not at all where I wanted to be. This trip was supposed to be the big one...the special one. I also asked of my father still had his pin that he could have used. (We both went on a trip in March 2012 and I booked both of them...my email received his pin and we didn't receive one. He isn't going again. But, I still asked if it had expired yet, because I thought I could talk him into going again and let him book for us...nope...expired already so missed out on that way.)

I'm so sorry to sound so whiny. I'm usually not a whiny person, but I'm devastated about this, and I have no one to talk to about it. My head hurts and I'm up to my ears in corn trying to put it up...and I just can't get ahold of myself. I understand these numbers may not be a big thing for some...but we do the best we can with what we have and every dollar in our household must be accounted for if we are to have anything.

Does anyone know of any possible way I can find a free dining pin? I don't want to go on the vacation if those special ADRs I made so carefully to celebrate our bdays and anniversary are gone. I think the whole time we are there I would be disappointed, thinking about how it would have been.

I wish I had read more on the disboards before now. I recently started reading a lot, but it was too late...I wouldn't have booked before the dates were announced...if I had only read.
That sounds high. I'm going in 8'nights September at a moderate and my cost is $2,400 with park hoppers and free dining, and with dining it would've cost around $3,300 I'm assuming that price is for two people?

What's your exact dates again?
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

black562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:51 PM   #488
S.S.Oceanlover
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We are booked 11/30-12/7 with a free dining pin my sons gf received.

She received another one on 6/25 after we were already booked so maybe there is still hope that your Dad gets another one.

Good Luck

Bill
Old 07-16-2013, 01:53 PM   #489
faithsmth
Mouseketeer

We are wishing you the best of luck AwayWeGo. I hope that something can work out for you.

Me DH DD

faithsmth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:54 PM   #490
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:

I ran your dates online for two people on your dates at French quarter on the dining plan with 8 day non hopper tickets and I only come to $3,001.96. Are there more than just the two of you going or something?
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

black562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:54 PM   #491
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrits View Post
If you booked a package through AAA, your AAA agent will have to call to add the discount. It will just be a modification to your existing package. Your dining reservations will remain the same.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:01 PM   #492
AwayWeGo
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
I ran your dates online for two people on your dates at French quarter on the dining plan with 8 day non hopper tickets and I only come to $3,001.96. Are there more than just the two of you going or something?
Yes, I'm sorry. I should have specified. It's four of us and both of my children are 10.

Thanks for any hopes and good thoughts sent this way.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:02 PM   #493
AwayWeGo
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithsmth View Post
We are wishing you the best of luck AwayWeGo. I hope that something can work out for you.
Thank you.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:03 PM   #494
4CanadianMice
Earning My Ears

Quote:

I ran your dates of Nov 30th - Dec 7th with the 6 day base tickets, POFQ garden view plus dining and only came up with $2959.36 for the two of you. Are other people travelling with you to add the extra $1200?

My heart goes out to you and I hope things work out.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:09 PM   #495
meredith1
DIS Veteran

I'm holding tight as well.....

DD 5 yrs twin DD & DS 3 yrs
meredith1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: