Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2013, 12:02 PM   #466
ThisIsTheYear
Too far from Mickey!

Ps. I priced what it would cost with FD and they ask for the insurance payment up front now. Just in case any non-experts (like me) were wondering.
11/2013 - POP Century
ThisIsTheYear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:03 PM   #467
Earth Mama
Mouseketeer

Hmmmm my mother has a Disney Visa card...any way I could use it on MY reservation, we are in a Suite at AoA and she is in a LM so won't qualify.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2013, 12:06 PM   #468
Earth Mama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
I can't stress this enough. The more people book packages early, in anticipation of a discount, the fewer discounts will be offered. If Disney goes by bookings when deciding on discounts, booking up all the rooms isn't going to benefit anyone in terms of getting discounts.

It doesn't serve much purpose to book early, as that doesn't guarantee you a discount anymore than someone calling in for a new reservation.
You should make this it's own thread!
Old 07-16-2013, 12:09 PM   #469
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earth Mama View Post
You should make this it's own thread!
I know right?

Having a room booked already doesn't give you any greater chance than someone who calls for a new reservation. You still have to call at the crack of dawn, wait on hold, see if there is availability and all the same things.

So unless you plan to go regardless of whether or not you get a discount, you're better off to wait until its offered and then book it. At least then, Disney won't see increased bookings and decide they don't need to offer free dining on certain dates such as late August or early December....
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

black562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:10 PM   #470
hippsmom
Mouseketeer

When and where will this be announced "officially"? Is it the 29th (for DV) or is the announcement made a day or two before hand?

Thanks.
hippsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:11 PM   #471
mstout
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauties n the Beast View Post
Ah sweet news!!! Especially since I was on the verge of canceling altogether!
Now my decision will be to stay where I am (ASM), and upgrade to the regular dining.... or upgrade my resort to Coronado. Does anyone know what the best cost would be out of those two options? It's just me and my 2 daughters going.
I'm trying to figure out which is cheaper to: A-stay at ASM and upgrade to reg or B - stay at POR and keep regular dining for 2 adults, 2 children (12 and 6). ???
mstout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:16 PM   #472
kdaniels16
Earning My Ears

Trying to decide I I should get a disney visa for early fd booking. How would I find out if my dates are popular? (9/28-10/5)
kdaniels16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:34 PM   #473
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Just FYI for some perspective: Every trip since 2005 has been with free dining and I always waited till it was released to book. I have always gotten my fist choice in resort and resort category; although I would always have a second choice, just in case. Would highly recommend, especially if staying at smaller resort.

Full disclosure though, this year was an exception because I knew disney was cutting back and I thought this might be the year. We were going regardless and I booked the full Monty in February. When September FD went live I knew there was only a slim chance of keeping Nemo suite and I was right; at 7:20 am booked a Lion King. So, booking now or making changes, does not improve odds for anything. : ) Good Luck Everyone!!!

Edit: Full disclosure again. Due to a huge mistake on Disney's part, they later gave me free dining with a Finding Nemo suite.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Last edited by plutospalforever; 07-16-2013 at 12:39 PM.
plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:39 PM   #474
postesf
Keep Pushing

I thought usually the public offer is in line with the pin code. For these dates, that is not the case since those with pin codes can book the week of Nov 30.

OKW 2005 OKW 2006 POP 2008 POFQ 2008 SSR 2008
Check out Stacie's Weight Loss / 1/2 Marathon Journal
postesf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:44 PM   #475
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by postesf View Post
I thought usually the public offer is in line with the pin code. For these dates, that is not the case since those with pin codes can book the week of Nov 30.
Pin codes usually cover a wider range of dates. Depending how the bookings go, they will drop or add dates to the public offer. In this case, some dates were added and some were dropped.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:52 PM   #476
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

It's gonna be a long 2 weeks til I can change my trip dates.
Well, at least I have dining ressies to deal with all over again to keep me busy. What is the easiest way to book and keep track of them without having a package booked for those dates yet? I've never done it that way before.
I am keeping my first week of December package, complete with drs, booked at this time....just in case. I'd hate to lose out twice....
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:57 PM   #477
tewser22
Earning My Ears

Quick question, does your entire party need to be there on your arrival date for free dining?
Some of my children have mandatory testing on Oct 2 & 3rd so I was thinking of splitting the group and have half arrive on the 2nd with one parent and the rest on the 3rd with the other parent.
I know it seems like a lot of hassle but my daughter's 16th birthday is the 5th so the time frame can't be moved by much and it seems a shame to be so close to the free dining dates and not take advantage of it.
tewser22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:58 PM   #478
darnheather
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
I can't stress this enough. The more people book packages early, in anticipation of a discount, the fewer discounts will be offered. If Disney goes by bookings when deciding on discounts, booking up all the rooms isn't going to benefit anyone in terms of getting discounts.

It doesn't serve much purpose to book early, as that doesn't guarantee you a discount anymore than someone calling in for a new reservation.
So should I cancel the ressie I made yesterday and just wait it out? I've got my ADR's which is the most important to me.

No trips planned for now but fingers crossed for DCL in 2015.
darnheather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:01 PM   #479
Earth Mama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earth Mama View Post
Hmmmm my mother has a Disney Visa card...any way I could use it on MY reservation, we are in a Suite at AoA and she is in a LM so won't qualify.
Quoting myself I wouldn't want to book my whole trip on her card.

And the deposit I already made would transfer to a new ressie right?
Old 07-16-2013, 01:02 PM   #480
MinaFemme
Mouseketeer

What number do I call when they release the offer?

First stay on site: October 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room garden view
MinaFemme is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: