Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-16-2013, 08:08 AM   #406
Mommiesblessings2
Mouseketeer
 
Mommiesblessings2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 172

My trips falls within the FD!! I'm currently booked at POP with the DDP and it's paid for!
It's our first trip to WDW. 2 adults, 4 yo DD and 14 month old DS.

I'm thinking of upgrading to a mod, but not sure to which one.

Any recommendations? I was thinking of Ft. Wildneress Cabins, thoughts on this?
Please!! Thank you!!
Mommiesblessings2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:13 AM   #407
ALD85
DIS Veteran
 
ALD85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 811

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommiesblessings2 View Post
My trips falls within the FD!! I'm currently booked at POP with the DDP and it's paid for!
It's our first trip to WDW. 2 adults, 4 yo DD and 14 month old DS.

I'm thinking of upgrading to a mod, but not sure to which one.

Any recommendations? I was thinking of Ft. Wildneress Cabins, thoughts on this?
Please!! Thank you!!
I think the cabins are excluded from the promo..
__________________
[/url]
ALD85 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-16-2013, 08:15 AM   #408
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran
 
CaraMiaBelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Montgomery County, PA
Posts: 1,276

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwayWeGo View Post
After seeing this post last night and crying til falling asleep, then tossing, turning, and waking up constantly with my brain going crazy with "What are we going to do!!" I called Disney this morning.

We are scheduled for the 1st week of Dec. Arriving Nov 30th and leaving on Dec 7. (This is my 32nd b-day, my hubs 34th bday, and our 14th anniversary. Yeah, we have a week of craziness every year.)

Upon booking the cm said she had worked with Disney for over 30 yrs, etc etc and to be sure to check back for free dining dates since it consistently is offered that week.

The CM this morning said that no dates have been released and not to worry???

I'm so confused.

I know that I cannot pay $4420 plus MVMCP tickets for this vacation. (Not including airfare.) I was expecting $2,777 and for that we have been putting $67 a week into a "Disney" envelope since January. When you see the money going towards it each week and you realize how hard you are working and then the countless hours spent on trip planning and then it can all be swept away...serious depression here. Vacation is supposed to be fun and exciting. Now I face the possibility of having to cancel our trip and OMG what about the plane tickets we've already bought? While everyone was at the beach this summer and going to different places we have been home, squirreling away every dollar and it's not going to be enough after all.

Please tell me this is a bad dream.
If it makes you feel any better, I am booked for the first week of December too. This means I will most likely have to change dates since I cannot downgrade resorts. Luckily, I did not book airfare. Would it be worth the penalty for changing your flights, to get FD?
It stinks being back to the drawing board. I emailed my TA but have not heard back yet. I cannot decide whether to make the changes now or to wait it out until dates are official. sigh.
Good luck with whatever you choose.
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:16 AM   #409
Mommiesblessings2
Mouseketeer
 
Mommiesblessings2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 172

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post
I think the cabins are excluded from the promo..
That's what I thought too, it's the campsites.
Mommiesblessings2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:24 AM   #410
4CanadianMice
Earning My Ears
 
4CanadianMice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwayWeGo View Post
After seeing this post last night and crying til falling asleep, then tossing, turning, and waking up constantly with my brain going crazy with "What are we going to do!!" I called Disney this morning.

We are scheduled for the 1st week of Dec. Arriving Nov 30th and leaving on Dec 7. (This is my 32nd b-day, my hubs 34th bday, and our 14th anniversary. Yeah, we have a week of craziness every year.)

Upon booking the cm said she had worked with Disney for over 30 yrs, etc etc and to be sure to check back for free dining dates since it consistently is offered that week.

The CM this morning said that no dates have been released and not to worry???

I'm so confused.

I know that I cannot pay $4420 plus MVMCP tickets for this vacation. (Not including airfare.) I was expecting $2,777 and for that we have been putting $67 a week into a "Disney" envelope since January. When you see the money going towards it each week and you realize how hard you are working and then the countless hours spent on trip planning and then it can all be swept away...serious depression here. Vacation is supposed to be fun and exciting. Now I face the possibility of having to cancel our trip and OMG what about the plane tickets we've already bought? While everyone was at the beach this summer and going to different places we have been home, squirreling away every dollar and it's not going to be enough after all.

Please tell me this is a bad dream.
I feel the same way as we are arriving December 4th so no free dining. I phoned this morning and the CM told me with the new Fantasyland they are seeing more people visiting. Rooms are filling up without the offer and this is why they didn't offer it for August. I am still hoping if I phone enough they will offer it to me.

Keep thinking positive thoughts and good luck with pixie dust getting spread for those arriving the 1st week of December
__________________
Me DH DS(21) DD(18) DPuppy
4CanadianMice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:30 AM   #411
DisneyLover0610
Mouseketeer
 
DisneyLover0610's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 178

Hi! I apologize if these questions have been asked already, but I won't have time to get through 28 pages before I head to work!
First, DH and I are doing a split stay October 18-25. We are only spending one night at the Poly (18th). Would a Room Only Discount be good for one night?
Second question, the 19th-25th we are staying CL at YC. Does the Free Dining Promo work for CL? What about Room Only? I'll have to do the math to see what the best option is.
I'm a Disney Visa cardholder, but have already paid for most (left a balance just in case of a deal!). From what I'm reading, I can do this on the 29th through Visa if I pay $200??
Thanks so much, made my day! And week! And trip!!!
__________________
'83, '85, '92, '99, '03, '05, '06, '08 - Engagement Extravaganza, '10 - Honeymoon with Family & Friends, '11 - "Real" Honeymoon/Anniversary, '12 - Flower & Garden with Mom, '12 - Just Because, '13 - Surprise Day Trip for Husband's Bday, '13 - Our First CL Experience! Beach Club, '14 - Flower & Garden with Mom AND Dad!
October 2014 - We Can't Stay Away

DisneyLover0610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:31 AM   #412
Timon71
Disney Wedding Couple
 
Timon71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 198

Christmas

Anyone notice that if you check-in the 22nd, you get FD for the Christmas week. Or are they going to change that?
__________________
Jay, Monica, Alexis, & Zachary
Sunset Pointe Wedding 10-29-02--GF CONC
DD first WDW trip 12/03/05-12/11/05 AKL CONC
DS firtst WDW trip 10/1/09-10/11/09 WL CONC
TA training@ Boardwalk Inn----12/6-12/10/10
Fantasy Preview Cruise------3/20/12-3/27/12
TA training@ DL------4/15-4/18/13
EarMarked Conference @WDW----9/16/13-9/19/13
Just a brief flash of trips
Timon71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:37 AM   #413
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept
 
black562's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,196

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwayWeGo View Post
After seeing this post last night and crying til falling asleep, then tossing, turning, and waking up constantly with my brain going crazy with "What are we going to do!!" I called Disney this morning.

We are scheduled for the 1st week of Dec. Arriving Nov 30th and leaving on Dec 7. (This is my 32nd b-day, my hubs 34th bday, and our 14th anniversary. Yeah, we have a week of craziness every year.)

Upon booking the cm said she had worked with Disney for over 30 yrs, etc etc and to be sure to check back for free dining dates since it consistently is offered that week.

The CM this morning said that no dates have been released and not to worry???

I'm so confused.

I know that I cannot pay $4420 plus MVMCP tickets for this vacation. (Not including airfare.) I was expecting $2,777 and for that we have been putting $67 a week into a "Disney" envelope since January. When you see the money going towards it each week and you realize how hard you are working and then the countless hours spent on trip planning and then it can all be swept away...serious depression here. Vacation is supposed to be fun and exciting. Now I face the possibility of having to cancel our trip and OMG what about the plane tickets we've already bought? While everyone was at the beach this summer and going to different places we have been home, squirreling away every dollar and it's not going to be enough after all.

Please tell me this is a bad dream.
If only you hadn't booked your flight. I always tell folks never to make any nonrefundable plans until the promo becomes official because anything can change at the last minute.

Where are you staying? That's quite a bit so I'm guessing it must be deluxe? Maybe check the cost of changing your flight, it may only be a hundred dollars or so to do that. But regardless, don't make any more changes until the offer goes live and you are able to get something....but it's worth investigating in the meantime.

I do hope something can be worked out. I hate hearing stories like this.
__________________
Joe
1973-1994 - Off Site | 1995 - Carribbean Beach, All Star Music, Beach Club | 1996 - Dixie Landings
1997 - Off Site
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs



black562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:38 AM   #414
jav's mom
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 9

Super Excited

I haven't booked yet for October...still waiting for this to come out. Anyone have any suggestions whether I should go ahead and book and then add FD or if I should wait...thinking Moderate...
jav's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:39 AM   #415
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept
 
black562's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,196

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLover0610 View Post
Hi! I apologize if these questions have been asked already, but I won't have time to get through 28 pages before I head to work!
First, DH and I are doing a split stay October 18-25. We are only spending one night at the Poly (18th). Would a Room Only Discount be good for one night?
Second question, the 19th-25th we are staying CL at YC. Does the Free Dining Promo work for CL? What about Room Only? I'll have to do the math to see what the best option is.
I'm a Disney Visa cardholder, but have already paid for most (left a balance just in case of a deal!). From what I'm reading, I can do this on the 29th through Visa if I pay $200??
Thanks so much, made my day! And week! And trip!!!
If that night falls within a room discount offer, then yes you can get it for one night.

Availability can vary, so it all depends.
__________________
Joe
1973-1994 - Off Site | 1995 - Carribbean Beach, All Star Music, Beach Club | 1996 - Dixie Landings
1997 - Off Site
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs



black562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:40 AM   #416
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommiesblessings2 View Post
That's what I thought too, it's the campsites.
It seems to me the cabins were included it is just the actual campsites that are not
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:44 AM   #417
morepsi1
Mouseketeer
 
morepsi1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 104

Whew, there has been a lot to read since yesterday morning! Since these dates seem to be the dates for free dining, I can only hope for a room only discount now as I'm arriving Oct. 12-19. Sorry if this has been asked already (a lot to read ), but does anyone know if a room only discount will be offered during my dates, or at least rumored at this point?
__________________
ME45 DH42 DD13
JUNE 2004 - ASM, DEC. 2004 - POR, NOV. 2005 - CB, MAY 2006 - CSR, OCT. 2007 - WL, OCT. 2010 - POP, Oct. 2011 - ASMo, Oct. 2013 - AOA
morepsi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:46 AM   #418
Earth Mama
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
No need to rebook. Just call them when the deal goes live and they can add it to your current reservation. They offered a very small amount of Nemo rooms with the last offer, so be prepared to change themes if that is what you have booked currently. Good luck!
We have a Cars room I sure hope we get FD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
If you are currently booked as a room only reservation, you will have to cancel that and book a FD package when the deal goes live. If you are booked with a package right now, you will have to call when the deal goes live and they can modify your existing package to move to POP with free dining. How are you booked at the moment?
Different poster but we have room only reservation. DO I need to change it before this deal goes live?
__________________
Just got back from WDW
Earth Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:46 AM   #419
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas
 
babydoll65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 1,273

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
It seems to me the cabins were included it is just the actual campsites that are not
Cabins are included in the promo just not the campsites
__________________

77,79,88 OS89,92 FW96 ASM05 OS07,09,11 POP13 POFQ/POR2015 POP
DAD(50), MOM(49) ,SON(17)
babydoll65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:48 AM   #420
FrugalFashionista
Mouseketeer
 
FrugalFashionista's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 452

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva Las Disney View Post

This makes sense, it's hard to wait though when you're trying to book ADR's 180 days out and are over-planners, like most DIS members.
You can still book your ADRs without having reservations.
__________________
Me :
DH
DD7
DS6

First Family Trip: December 2013

Already planning for 2015!
FrugalFashionista is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: