Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2013, 10:19 PM   #361
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsRoboto View Post
Here's my question...

My parents and my family are currently booked in 2 Little Mermaid rooms. We'd been planning on switching to POP if FD came out, but I just priced it out for an AoA suite and if we shared with my parents it would only cost us $95 more. If I upgrade to a suite for all of us and my dad cancels his reservation, does he get his $200 deposit back?

On that note, it would be 4 adults, 2 kids, and 1 baby. Since the baby is under 3, the 7 of us could all stay in one suite, correct?

TIA!
It is my understanding that you can make a change/cancelation 46 days or more out, without penalty and a refund of what has been paid.

And yes, you can do 6 plus a child under 3 in those totally cute AoA suites

Good luck with your decision!

plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:21 PM   #362
imabeimabe
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristinew View Post
Yeah for this wonderful news! Question- already have reservations at POFq for 10/17-10/27. Will have to do split stay to get FD on 10/18. I did not plan to go to the parks on the 17th but wanted to hit MK on the 18th. Assuming I can stay in the same room can I check in on line before lunch so my lunch ADR would be covered? Where do you pick up your park tickets on the 17th to go on the 18th? OMG this sounds crazy but gotta live the FD!
Yes you can book a room only for the 17th and book a package beginning the 18th. Have them link your reservations. I've done this a few times and I've never had to change rooms although they always warn you it could happen.
imabeimabe is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2013, 10:22 PM   #363
fabulousfive
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneaterry View Post
Why do you think the week after Thanksgiving isn't included in the dates? I thought that was usually a slow week with everyone going back to work and school after the holiday.
I was so sure it'd be offered that week too. My heart just sank a little.
fabulousfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:24 PM   #364
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristinew View Post
Yeah for this wonderful news! Question- already have reservations at POFq for 10/17-10/27. Will have to do split stay to get FD on 10/18. I did not plan to go to the parks on the 17th but wanted to hit MK on the 18th. Assuming I can stay in the same room can I check in on line before lunch so my lunch ADR would be covered? Where do you pick up your park tickets on the 17th to go on the 18th? OMG this sounds crazy but gotta live the FD!
You can check out and back in anytime after 6am on the 18th to get your new room keys with your tickets and dining credits on them. If they need you to change rooms, you can have them store your luggage for you. Just make sure the reservations are linked, and they will try to keep you in the same room. I would just pack an overnight bag with everything your party needs for that first night. Then if you have to switch rooms, you won't have much to pack up. Picking up your tickets on the 17th will not give you access to your dining credits, so you may as well wait until you check in for the FD stay.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:26 PM   #365
kristinew
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post

You can check out and back in anytime after 6am on the 18th to get your new room keys with your tickets and dining credits on them. If they need you to change rooms, you can have them store your luggage for you. Just make sure the reservations are linked, and they will try to keep you in the same room. I would just pack an overnight bag with everything your party needs for that first night. Then if you have to switch rooms, you won't have much to pack up.
Thanks so much. Hopefully all this will work out and we can check in on the 18th before we hit the park! So excited!
kristinew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:27 PM   #366
fabulousfive
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by acceber32 View Post
Glad this will help so many but I'm sad. We are going the first week of December and our dates aren't covered. I was hoping they would since its after Thanksgiving but befroe Pop Warner week (which FD is covering and I find that weird). Too bad we already bought plane tickets or we'd be changing dates. I told DH we should wait to buy those!!
We're in the exact same boat!
fabulousfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:27 PM   #367
keeks
Earning My Ears

YAY! So excited!
keeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:30 PM   #368
kdaniels16
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0quirkygirl0o

POR RR books way slower than their standard rooms. When I booked (super late) with the PIN for FD I had to switch from a standard room to a RR in order to get FD. On the other hand, if your week is super popular, there will be less availability all around. What week are you going?
Our dates are 9/28-10/5 (which I know we won't get FD for the first day)
kdaniels16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:32 PM   #369
xipotec
Grinning Ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post

My guess is that they are starting it that day because of Jersey Week being the week before and the holiday crowd coming that weekend. Most people coming for the holiday would be checking in before the 11th, so this way they don't have to offer FD to all of that crowd. The Visa offer should go live on the 29th if this deal follows the normal Monday/Thursday pattern.
Lol..... But thats not fair!!!!!! Darn F&W and Jersey week..... Maybe ill add the day to the end of the week and get there a day later..... Oh the headache on my ADR's!!!

Meanies taking over ...... Now I gotta do split ressies and all.. Blaaah!
Before that too many to list
!

SOME IMAGINATION, HUH??? - Mickey Mouse

Last edited by xipotec; 07-15-2013 at 10:37 PM.
xipotec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:42 PM   #370
G719
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xipotec View Post

Lol..... But thats not fair!!!!!! Darn F&W and Jersey week..... Maybe ill add the day to the end of the week and get there a day later..... Oh the headache on my ADR's!!!

Meanies taking over ...... Now I gotta do split ressies and all.. Blaaah!
I don't like it either! But if the jersey week people start their trip on 11/2, they can get FD for the whole trip. And the FD includes the Saturday before thanksgiving? I would speculate that this will be very popular for those that do the holiday week.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:01 PM   #371
xipotec
Grinning Ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by G719 View Post

I don't like it either! But if the jersey week people start their trip on 11/2, they can get FD for the whole trip. And the FD includes the Saturday before thanksgiving? I would speculate that this will be very popular for those that do the holiday week.
Just seems odd to offer FD starting on a monday, if they started NOV 9-10 that makes more sense and Jersey week is over then. No one checkin in at the end of jersey week......
I think its more to cut down/off the FD for weekend trips in for F&W. i have always thought that was an odd time to do F&W , always thought they should do that in October, don't ask me to explain why....
Before that too many to list
!

SOME IMAGINATION, HUH??? - Mickey Mouse
xipotec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:03 PM   #372
Viva Las Disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
You're onto something that's been preached and preached. If too many people just go ahead and book a package in anticipation of a promo, Disney will see good bookings and not offer a promo at all. It's quite literally a self fulfilling prophecy. The best thing is for nobody to book until promo release day...
This makes sense, it's hard to wait though when you're trying to book ADR's 180 days out and are over-planners, like most DIS members.

Viva Las Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:04 PM   #373
Mommaof3
I have a wet noodle and I'm not afraid to use it!

Sorry for asking a repeated question, but......

If I change my reservation from 11/30-12/7 TO 12/15-12/21 so that I can get free dining, do I have to put down my deposits again? I have 3 rooms at Pop and have put down $600. Will that "roll over" to the new 3 rooms or will they refund that to me and I will have to put $600 on the new deposits?
Hope I am not confusing and thanks in advance for the answer.

Melissa
Old 07-15-2013, 11:17 PM   #374
Port Orleans fan
Over tipping is a fools game.....so have fun playing you intellectual genius.

I'm so happy that we decided to book Nov 30 - Dec 7 with the FD pin. We were not planning on going this year, but with the way things are looking, FD could be on the way out.

I feel bad for those who couldn't get FD for the 1st week of December, but I can't help but wonder if that means the crowd level will be more ideal?
Dec 2012 - POR/POFQ
Nov 2013 - POP
Dec 2013 - Disney Dream
Dec 2013 - ASMu
Port Orleans fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:24 PM   #375
4CanadianMice
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmom4 View Post
Ended up changing my resort, but got Free Dining today!!! All thanks to Disboards!!!!!!
Congratulations on free dining, that is so awesome! Not sure if you've answered this before so sorry if asking again. How did you get free dining ... did you have a PIN code or receive pixy dust from a CM? My dates don't fall within the dates Joe has mentioned but would love to be able to receive free dining. We are celebrating our 25th anniversary plus my son and daughter's graduations so hoping for pixy dust coming our way!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: