Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2013, 07:18 PM   #271
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker Pam View Post
Thank You Joe you are my hero. Checking in Nov 21-12/3 POFQ.
Will have to get up extra early on the 29th so I can be to work before 7 to call.
Thank You Disney Visa
Yes, gotta love the Disney Visa.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

black562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:23 PM   #272
FrugalFashionista
Mouseketeer

Can someone tell me how to calculate how much FD will save me on my current reservation. Dumb question I know :/
DS6

First Family Trip: December 2013

Already planning for 2015!
FrugalFashionista is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2013, 07:23 PM   #273
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
Yes, gotta love the Disney Visa.
I got one JUST for this!!!! Hahaha
Old 07-15-2013, 07:25 PM   #274
Meekogsd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll65 View Post
I'm so glad that all these adrs iv booked are going to happen. So black, so far is it looking like dv will open on 7/29? I'm unfortunately working that day so my mother is going to try to handle this and she is very nervous that she won't ask the questions and screw something up. I've had to write two pages of info starting with SET YOUR ALARM CLOCK FOR 6:30. Funny, she said this seems worse than a job interview
You're mom is too funny At least you're on the east coast, I'm central time zone so an hour earlier for me. Bummer for the west coast folks.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:26 PM   #275
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalFashionista View Post
Can someone tell me how to calculate how much FD will save me on my current reservation. Dumb question I know :/
Is your reservation discounted? If so, you would lose that discount and pay rack rate for the room, plus tickets. If you're already paying rack rate, then your rate wouldn't change, but you're looking at around $58 and a few cents per person per day for adults for the regular dining plan.

Where are you staying? Are you getting a room discount at the moment? You can also just do a test booking online for your dates, just select room and tickets (park hopper and however you want it set up) but leave dining off...that would be your price for free dining.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 07-15-2013, 07:27 PM   #276
FrugalFashionista
Mouseketeer

Our current package is room, Reg DP, and tickets. No discounts that I know of.
DS6

Old 07-15-2013, 07:30 PM   #277
TennesseeGirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post

You would have to book a room only reservation for your first two nights and book a FD package starting on the 11th. You can pick up your package tickets up to 3 days early at guest relations, but you will not have access to your dining credits until you check in for your second stay. You will just pay OOP for your meals those couple of days. This would come with the possibility of having to change rooms, but if you link the two reservation together, you have a great chance of staying in the same room. Pack a bag for the first two nights instead of packing everything for the whole trip in the same bag. This will help save you time if you have to switch rooms. Good luck!
Be careful with this. I have seen other posts on this exact same subject and there were a few people saying they weren't able to pick up their park tickets early. Others say you definitely can if you know where/how to do it. I wanted to do the same thing in October '11 and the cm said I couldn't pick up tickets early...which I have read is a pretty common response but not exactly 100% true.
TennesseeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:31 PM   #278
FrugalFashionista
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post

Is your reservation discounted? If so, you would lose that discount and pay rack rate for the room, plus tickets. If you're already paying rack rate, then your rate wouldn't change, but you're looking at around $58 and a few cents per person per day for adults for the regular dining plan.

Where are you staying? Are you getting a room discount at the moment? You can also just do a test booking online for your dates, just select room and tickets (park hopper and however you want it set up) but leave dining off...that would be your price for free dining.
Ugh sorry phone is acting up. We have reservations for Pop, reg dining plan, and tickets.

I was going to run it on the WDW website but room prices have gone up and not sure how that factors. And since Pop only gets QS was looking at POR.
DS6

Old 07-15-2013, 07:31 PM   #279
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalFashionista View Post
Our current package is room, Reg DP, and tickets. No discounts that I know of.
Assuming you booked this a few weeks ago before the price increase, subtract around $55 a night per adult and around $17 per night for children and that should give you a rough estimate.
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 07-15-2013, 07:35 PM   #280
kdaniels16
Earning My Ears

I am currently booked POR royal room and changing this is not an option for our family. So, my question is would it be worth it to get the Disney Visa in order to get to book FD at POR in advance? How far in advance of gp would i get to book? Is it very unlikely there will be FD at POR left on Aug 1st? I don't really want to open a card but I will if it seems necessary to get FD at my choice of resort.
kdaniels16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:37 PM   #281
darnheather
DIS Veteran

Thank you SO much! I've been in tears all afternoon because we've had to cancel our trip for September. Booking now for November and will call first day it's released to public! Got the exact same ADR's almost down to the minute!
Old 07-15-2013, 07:39 PM   #282
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeGirl View Post
Be careful with this. I have seen other posts on this exact same subject and there were a few people saying they weren't able to pick up their park tickets early. Others say you definitely can if you know where/how to do it. I wanted to do the same thing in October '11 and the cm said I couldn't pick up tickets early...which I have read is a pretty common response but not exactly 100% true.
Phone CMs always say it cannot be done, but it is currently still a valid option. The info can be found in the ticket sticky at the top of the Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies forum. The author of the sticky is a current WDW ticketing CM and he keeps the info current.
smitch425 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:41 PM   #283
dlinne
Mouseketeer

Where will the booking codes be released to take advantage of this offer on Aug 1st?

2 years ago I tried to apply a new offer to my reservation and didn't know the "code" and the CM on the phone was unable to tell me the code--I ended up rebooking on line and cancelling my original reservation. I don't want to do that this year because I've already paid a lot of it with gift cards which take forever to add to the account!
dlinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:41 PM   #284
TheRatPack
Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed except by the tagfairy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeGirl View Post
I wonder if you can check in really really early though. We will check in with a room only for one night, the next day will start our FDing reservations but we need our tickets that morning for a breakfast in a park at 8. We could add 1 days worth of tickets to the room reservation but then we kind of lose the discounted tickets from adding days on to the FDing reservations.

Another DIS poster said it would be fine to check in at 6am to get our tickets from the next package....we've never done that before.

TheRatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:47 PM   #285
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRatPack View Post
I wonder if you can check in really really early though. We will check in with a room only for one night, the next day will start our FDing reservations but we need our tickets that morning for a breakfast in a park at 8. We could add 1 days worth of tickets to the room reservation but then we kind of lose the discounted tickets from adding days on to the FDing reservations.

Another DIS poster said it would be fine to check in at 6am to get our tickets from the next package....we've never done that before.
You can check in to your resort as early as 6am (possibly 4am if the computers have rolled over by then). In order to do early ticket pickup, you cannot pick up tickets the day your package starts without getting them from the resort. Why would you need to add the extra ticket day? You can go to DTD guest relations the day before your package starts and get your tickets. The tickets don't have to be any longer than what you actually need.
smitch425 is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: