Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2013, 02:06 PM   #151
KimS0427
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
Free dining will be extended beyond September. Bookings for these dates will begin August 1. As usual, Disney Visa holders should have a few days notice to book early, likely on July 29. The dates are below:

September 29 - October 2
October 18 - November 2
November 11 - 23
December 12 - 22
Oh that is wonderful news!! We will be checking in on October 18th!! I am so excited!! I have been a little nervous about having extra spending money and this will ease my nerves quite a bit!! We have a family of 6 plus my MIL going with us and we will be there for my daughters 5th birthday. While I have been to WDW and Disney Land before the rest of my family has never been. I am also hoping to upgrade our room from ASM to CBR. YAY!!
Old 07-15-2013, 02:07 PM   #152
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

I really feel so badly for those who are finding their dates are not included. That would be so devastating to me. Hopefully something will work out for you, maybe a room only with broader dates??
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2013, 02:07 PM   #153
shyjade
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylkie31 View Post
Unfortunately, yes, you would most likely have to pay the increased ticket prices. The increase would still usually be less than the cost of the dining plan though.
I did book our October trip prior to the prices going up (just in case FD didn't come out, at least it would save me a little $).

I just went back and re-priced our trip at the new rates and it will cost us an extra $49 under the new rates to switch to FD. I will still save over $400 with FD, even after paying the rate increase.

Not bad!
Old 07-15-2013, 02:07 PM   #154
emilyhuff
Mouseketeer

Any word on room only offers??!?!?!
Old 07-15-2013, 02:15 PM   #155
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyhuff View Post
Any word on room only offers??!?!?!
Just that one is coming, but no specifics on the covered dates.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:17 PM   #156
laceyinwonderland
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
This information just appeared on the Chip & Co. site....as the first news of this information. Guess they don't read the Dis?
I actually saw that post from Chip and Co and thought, "OMG Im on the Dis all the time!! How did I miss it!?" I log in, and there it is! Dang, they keep you on ya toes around here!!!!!!
Dec 2011 POP
Nov 2013 AOA/POP

June 2014 offsite/AKV Happy Bday to ME!
Sept 2014 POFQ
laceyinwonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:18 PM   #157
laceyinwonderland
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyjade View Post
I did book our October trip prior to the prices going up (just in case FD didn't come out, at least it would save me a little $).

I just went back and re-priced our trip at the new rates and it will cost us an extra $49 under the new rates to switch to FD. I will still save over $400 with FD, even after paying the rate increase.

Not bad!
Thanks for running those numbers! I need to do the same! How many days do you have tickets for? We have 5 MYW No hoppers!
Dec 2011 POP
Nov 2013 AOA/POP

June 2014 offsite/AKV Happy Bday to ME!
Sept 2014 POFQ
laceyinwonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:23 PM   #158
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimS0427 View Post
Oh that is wonderful news!! We will be checking in on October 18th!! I am so excited!! I have been a little nervous about having extra spending money and this will ease my nerves quite a bit!! We have a family of 6 plus my MIL going with us and we will be there for my daughters 5th birthday. While I have been to WDW and Disney Land before the rest of my family has never been. I am also hoping to upgrade our room from ASM to CBR. YAY!!
Yea!! So happy everything worked out for you!!! Have a great trip and I hope your daughter's birthday is magical!! We will be celebrating my daughter's 5th birthday when we go, too.

plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:24 PM   #159
CaliTex
Will work for (Disney) food!

A big to Joe Black for this. I have been stalking these boards for awhile, and I just want to add my thanks!

Someone smarter than I am, please, help me out with the math. I booked our trip (two adults, two juniors) from Dec 4 thru Dec 10 at POR with park hoppers and regular dining with a internet discount offer of 25% off the room.

Will I save any money by switching to the free dining dates, if I do not have a room discount? My math says that would be a wash.

But am I understanding correctly that there might also be a room discount offered for the December free dining rates? So would that be like paying off season room rates, with free dining?

TIA!
Old 07-15-2013, 02:25 PM   #160
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
I really feel so badly for those who are finding their dates are not included. That would be so devastating to me. Hopefully something will work out for you, maybe a room only with broader dates??
Awww! Me too!!!! Here's hoping for something

plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:25 PM   #161
LovingDisney2012
All you need is faith, trust, and pixie dust!

I'm holding out for RO with expanded dates, hopefully that will leak soon!!!!
Old 07-15-2013, 02:25 PM   #162
Bethislucy
DIS Veteran

If it's include length of stay some people are really going to have some magical Christmas trips.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:26 PM   #163
LGTD
LGTD (Lets Go To Disney)

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
Thanks for that. We are going early December and will miss out. Glad for all that are included.
LGTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:28 PM   #164
thill
KJETBD - Knows Just Enough To Be Dangerous

This is great news and what I was waiting for! I already booked for October 19-26 hoping that there would be a discount for this time but also limited by when we could go. If I had to bite the bullet on it I was preparing for that but now that dining will be free I don't have to worry about it anymore. Can't wait to call have them update my reservation for FD! Now just need to wait for the official news. Hopefully these dates work out some magic for everyone else as well.

thill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:30 PM   #165
KittyKat1978
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post
Yes! The same source for free dining also mentioned a RO discount to be released around the same time!!!!
Yeah!! I save more with a Room discount and this means I can maybe stay at a deluxe for my birthday!!

Does this mean that I can't get the discount if I need tickets? I would need two ressie as I was thinking of doing a cruise in the middle of my trip so I would only need to buy tickets on one ressie.

DL - Hojo's Mar 86/ PPH Feb 12/ Hojo's May 12/ BWPPI Oct 12/ DLH Dec 12/ DLH Feb 13/ FFI Oct 14/ CI Dec 14

DCL - Sept 13 Wonder to Alaska

KittyKat1978 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: