Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-23-2013, 09:17 PM   #1501
xipotec
Grinning Ghosts
 
xipotec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 1,351

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post

You checkout the same day you check into the package. If your package starts on 11/2 you would checkout of your room only on 11/2. I try to work backwards when thinking about it.
What if I have ADR's and stuff and have to change rooms? Will I have to drag out my luggage in the morning, check out, have it stored and go to the park, re-check in after 3:00?
Thats alot of work....
__________________
11/2013 POLY Confirmed!
11/2012 POLY! CONFIRMED!
12/2010 Polynesian
Before that too many to list
!


SOME IMAGINATION, HUH??? - Mickey Mouse
xipotec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:21 PM   #1502
smitch425
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 10,661

Quote:
Originally Posted by xipotec View Post
What if I have ADR's and stuff and have to change rooms? Will I have to drag out my luggage in the morning, check out, have it stored and go to the park, re-check in after 3:00?
Thats alot of work....
Go down to the desk early that morning to see if you will be able to keep the same room. If so, check out and in right then and then you don't have to worry about packing up. If they say no or they don't know, tell them you will go collect your things and come back to check out. When you show up with your stuff, check out and back in and leave your stuff with bell services. They will either put the stuff in your room for you or you can collect it when you come back. They will text or call you with your room number when it is ready. You will have access to your credits as soon as you check in. No need to wait until 3pm.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-23-2013, 09:28 PM   #1503
Kat016
DIS Veteran
 
Kat016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pottstown, Pa
Posts: 2,694

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle

I'll back you up for the PA office!
Sounds good!
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:31 PM   #1504
Traceylee
Earning My Ears
 
Traceylee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lansing, NY
Posts: 62

My trip is 11/8--11/17.
I understand the FD and having to check in on 11/11 to get it so that means 2 reservations.
What I don't understand is the park tickets? Do I have to buy them for each reservation or can I just buy 9 or 10 days hoppers and use them for the entire vacation?
And if so, do you get them at check in?
I have an AAA discount at the Poly for the entire trip at the moment.
Thank You.
__________________
[FONT="Verdana"]Tracey

11/02-POFQ * 7/04-Disneyland/PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF

NEXT: DL - Grand Californian/August 2014
Traceylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:33 PM   #1505
G719
Mouseketeer
 
G719's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Wild, Wonderful WV
Posts: 287

Quote:
Originally Posted by xipotec View Post

What if I have ADR's and stuff and have to change rooms? Will I have to drag out my luggage in the morning, check out, have it stored and go to the park, re-check in after 3:00?
Thats alot of work....
I'm in the same boat! I think I read you can check in as early as 6 am. We have crystal palace the nov 11, the day we would have to do the check out/check in. I am planning to be at the front desk at 6 am and hopefully get it done quick and easy.
G719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:34 PM   #1506
mkymouse40
Mouseketeer
 
mkymouse40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 263

Please help confirm my understanding of how things will go on Visa release...

1. If I already have a reservation for a package, and I want to change it to a RO with the discount, do I need to book a new room only reservation or will they just change the package I have to a RO reservation?

2. Next, do I have to try right away at 7:00 and be on hold FOREVER, or is this something I can do later in the day with no problem of losing out?

Because they are not offering the FD during our planned stay, for the first time since FD came out, we are going to reserve RO and pay cash for food.

We were going to pay for the Dining Plan, but now we are going to cut our spending in retaliation for not getting a pin code!!!!!!!! We are also downgrading our accomodations from a Moderate to Value.
__________________


Nancy


mkymouse40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:38 PM   #1507
smitch425
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 10,661

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traceylee View Post
My trip is 11/8--11/17.
I understand the FD and having to check in on 11/11 to get it so that means 2 reservations.
What I don't understand is the park tickets? Do I have to buy them for each reservation or can I just buy 9 or 10 days hoppers and use them for the entire vacation?
And if so, do you get them at check in?
I have an AAA discount at the Poly for the entire trip at the moment.
Thank You.
As of right now, you can pick up package tickets up to 3 days prior to the start date of your package. The info can be found in the ticket sticky, post #15 section I...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1452684

I would not add the extra days until after you pick them up and use them through the gates. If you try to add them before your trip, the phone CM will tell you that you can't get them early (which is totally incorrect). No one knows if the policy will remain the same with the rollout of the magic bands, but as of now, this is still a valid procedure with no mention from Cheshire Figment as to the policy changing. If you don't already know, CF is the author of the ticket sticky and currently works in ticketing at WDW, so he knows his stuff. :goovibes
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:39 PM   #1508
xipotec
Grinning Ghosts
 
xipotec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 1,351

Thank you smitch!

My wife will hate this.......
Its 2 days in so I guess a separate bag is in order....

Maybe I will make that a resort day.... Right now its our first Epcot day...
__________________
11/2013 POLY Confirmed!
11/2012 POLY! CONFIRMED!
12/2010 Polynesian
Before that too many to list
!


SOME IMAGINATION, HUH??? - Mickey Mouse
xipotec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:41 PM   #1509
Traceylee
Earning My Ears
 
Traceylee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lansing, NY
Posts: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
As of right now, you can pick up package tickets up to 3 days prior to the start date of your package. The info can be found in the ticket sticky, post #15 section I...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1452684

I would not add the extra days until after you pick them up and use them through the gates. If you try to add them before your trip, the phone CM will tell you that you can't get them early (which is totally incorrect). No one knows if the policy will remain the same with the rollout of the magic bands, but as of now, this is still a valid procedure with no mention from Cheshire Figment as to the policy changing. If you don't already know, CF is the author of the ticket sticky and currently works in ticketing at WDW, so he knows his stuff. :goovibes

Thank You!!
__________________
[FONT="Verdana"]Tracey

11/02-POFQ * 7/04-Disneyland/PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF

NEXT: DL - Grand Californian/August 2014
Traceylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:42 PM   #1510
smitch425
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 10,661

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkymouse40 View Post
Please help confirm my understanding of how things will go on Visa release...

1. If I already have a reservation for a package, and I want to change it to a RO with the discount, do I need to book a new room only reservation or will they just change the package I have to a RO reservation?

2. Next, do I have to try right away at 7:00 and be on hold FOREVER, or is this something I can do later in the day with no problem of losing out?

Because they are not offering the FD during our planned stay, for the first time since FD came out, we are going to reserve RO and pay cash for food.

We were going to pay for the Dining Plan, but now we are going to cut our spending in retaliation for not getting a pin code!!!!!!!! We are also downgrading our accomodations from a Moderate to Value.
Do you wish to keep a package with tickets and use the room discount or are you planning to get tickets somewhere else?

If you want to use the room discount on your existing package, just call and have it applied to your current reservation. If you want to change to a room only, you will have to make a new reservation and cancel the old one completely. Visa offers are not bookable online, so you will have to call.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:44 PM   #1511
smitch425
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 10,661

Quote:
Originally Posted by xipotec View Post
Thank you smitch!

My wife will hate this.......
Its 2 days in so I guess a separate bag is in order....

Maybe I will make that a resort day.... Right now its our first Epcot day...
You're welcome! Yes, I suggest packing a bag of the things you will need for the first two nights. That way, you won't have to pack up much if you have to change rooms. Just make sure they link the two reservations. That will help the room assigner know you plan to stay longer and better your chances of keeping the same room.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:46 PM   #1512
Halloweenqueen
Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...
 
Halloweenqueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Washington State
Posts: 4,128

You do need to remember resort cast members are told they can not tell guests that tickets from a pkg may be picked up early.
__________________
dh me ds 16 dd 15 ds 14 dd 14 dd 10
Halloweenqueen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:48 PM   #1513
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran
 
HBGdancermom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NC
Posts: 2,149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylkie31 View Post

I think I would like being a Disney travel agent. And 'just out of the goodness of my heart' I would volunteer to visit DW to check on new things, old things, any things possible to have most up to date information to help plan Disney vacations for my clients. Yes, yes, I know - it's a noble sacrifice & a tough job, but I'd willingly step up to the plate for that one!
You probably would need a side kick!!!! Me Me Me!!! :-)
__________________
DH, me, DS14, DS11, DD7
_____________________________________________
Previous trips - October 2011 Doubletree, October 2013 Beach Club CL
Upcoming trips - April 2014 Yacht Club CL
___________________________________________



Last edited by HBGdancermom; 07-23-2013 at 09:56 PM.
HBGdancermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:49 PM   #1514
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran
 
HBGdancermom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NC
Posts: 2,149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post

Throw in a Jimmy Buffet song....Come Monday everything will be alright sorry had to add lol
Baaahaaaa! Or....."it's a manic Monday. Ohh ohhh"
__________________
DH, me, DS14, DS11, DD7
_____________________________________________
Previous trips - October 2011 Doubletree, October 2013 Beach Club CL
Upcoming trips - April 2014 Yacht Club CL
___________________________________________


HBGdancermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:05 PM   #1515
Mouse Dreams
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Between New Orleans and Baton Rouge, in Louisiana.
Posts: 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
It is so much easier for me, because whether the dining plan is free or paid, we get it. So all I have to do is subtract one price from the other to see our savings. No trying to figure what we will eat when. To me the plan is more of a convenience thing than a money thing. But getting it free makes it more of a money thing. We also like TS meals. Disney is not much of a relaxing vacation, but sitting down to eat helps us get some of that relaxing in. That is why I love that they offer multiple deals, because one size definitely does not fit all.
Ditto!!!!!
Mouse Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: