Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2013, 03:31 PM   #16
honeybunches
That sounds like a cat poster, but it's true

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniesgal View Post
Oh my toaster strudel sounds wonderful we have to try that. My kids would disown me if I didn't buy lucky charms when we go to the USA. I did think about mixing up my pancake mix at home and just adding eggs and milk in the room and frying but I decided I didn't think putting white powder in my case was a sensible idea.
It is so inexpensive I wouldn't bother. You can get a box of the mix for just a few dollars. For an easy hot breakfast you could try some of the heat and serve iced cinnamon rolls. They have some in the refrigerated biscuit section (near the butter) that need to be baked on a cookie sheet and some frozen ones in the freezer section that come in a foil pan. So yummy!
Old 07-15-2013, 04:53 PM   #17
scojos
I want to be Tinkerbell and fly on the wire to start wishes
Thinks Disney studies should be taught in all schools

wow ty ty ty for all the amazing ideas!! we re going to end up spending hours in walmart lmao! last time we brought yogurts and cheese cubes, milk oj and ham with bread for toast and whipped butter so not very exciting stuff! next time will be much better!! hubby now has a shopping list !

and this is only a quick keep em going til lunch guys - i appreciate its not the heathiest food but my kids will be the ones chosing salads not fries and/or having fruit instead of cookies, they eat healthy by choice so the odd "bad" breakfast wont kill them
2010 - 2 weeks SSR free DDP 1 week creekside villa
2013- 2 weeks okw free ddp[/SIZE]
me dh ds1 ds2dd
scojos is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2013, 05:56 PM   #18
meredith1
DIS Veteran

-pop tarts
-yogurt
-bagels w/ cream cheese
-english muffins w/ jam
-cereal
-waffles
***Jimmy Dean makes really yummy microwavable sausage, egg and cheese biscuits that you can keep in your freezer
***Sister Shubert brand frozen sausage rolls-they're little cocktail sausages w/ a nice bread around them....just throw them in the oven-the same company also make a wonderful cinnamon roll
-Fruit smoothies
-cinnamon toast

DD 5 yrs twin DD & DS 3 yrs
meredith1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:39 PM   #19
Nohal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh my toaster strudel sounds wonderful we have to try that. My kids would disown me if I didn't buy lucky charms when we go to the USA. I did think about mixing up my pancake mix at home and just adding eggs and milk in the room and frying but I decided I didn't think putting white powder in my case was a sensible idea.

1973 Off Site - 1979 Cont - 1990 CBR/Cont - 1991 CBR - 1992 CBR - 1993 POR- 1994 ASSp - 1995 ASSp - 1996 ASMu - 1997 ASMo - 1998 DL/ASSp - 2002 Pop/ASMo - 2003 ASMo- 2004 ASMo - 2005 ASMo -2006 ASMo- 2007 ASSp - 2008 ASMo - 2009 ASMo - 2010 ASMo - 2011 ASMo - 2012 ASMo -2013 ASMo - 2014 ASMo
Nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:49 PM   #20
karly05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalie mom View Post
In this kitchen, do you have pots/pans? If so, I'd buy some bisquick and syrup and make pancakes and bacon
Yeah, if you're game to cook, get a box of Bisquick. Make some Bisquick biscuits and have with butter & jelly or honey. Get a box of the Jimmy Dean precooked sausage patties and brown them up in a skillet (love those! they should be in the refrigerator case with the lunch meats, etc.).

Froot Loops and Cap'n Crunch are my favorites of the "fun" cereals.
2013 - POFQ - Mardi Gras in the Little Easy
2014 - POFQ - "Eat Around the World" - Yes. Yes, I did.
karly05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:55 PM   #21
MYD714
Please stand clear of the doors...

When we were at OKW, we had the following for breakfast: english muffins, toast, donuts, cereal.

MYD714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:52 AM   #22
DakotaRose
Mouseketeer

Here in the states, you will find several boxed pancake mixes that are "just add water". They make good pancakes, too. You'll find them in the same vicinity as the Aunt Jemima syrup.

My boys prefer Hot Pockets to the Jimmy Dean sandwiches. Read labels as there are many varieties. Two kinds: Egg, ham and cheese and the egg, bacon and cheese, are always in our freezer. Microwave and carry them along if you'd like. They are in the frozen breakfast food section of the grocery store.

Frosted Strawberry PopTarts...In the northern parts of the States, WalMart stores actually beef up their supplies of them if a blizzard is in the forecast.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:10 AM   #23
mrsdrake625
DIS Veteran

+1 on Sister Schuberts, they're delicious.
+1 on bagels and cream cheese as well.

Buttermilk biscuits are also very American (and Southern) - there are many kinds that come in a cardboard tube that you can bake yourself - fresher than frozen and just as easy. Put eggs and a meat on them (and cheese) for a sandwich.

Pancakes and syrup for sure... if you want some GOOD syrup look for Vermont Maple. Comes in an opaque, squat plastic jug or perhaps a glass flask-type container, and is much more expensive than Aunt Jemima but you will never go back once you've tried it! Made in the US with pride.

Pop tarts are a good and quick breakfast, but LOTS of sugar. Cereal, yogurt, fruit, etc.

I'm gluten free so usually my breakfasts look like eggs, a meat, and maybe a potato or GF toast, but that's still pretty American-ish.

This made me smile, we recently traveled to Austria and it was my first time overseas. I thought the European breakfast was the BEST thing ever and I was kind of over American breakfast once we got back!! I guess the grass is always greener. Hope you enjoy your trip!
Old 07-16-2013, 11:38 AM   #24
jaberwock
Mouseketeer

Can't go wrong with some Krispy Kreme doughnuts if you don't care about the health aspects. Don't forget to throw them in the microwave for a few seconds!
jaberwock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:43 AM   #25
Pleglech
Mouseketeer

When staying at OKW, I prefer to just dump bowls of grits down my throat.
Pleglech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:44 AM   #26
Kae
DIS Veteran

Bisquick has shake & pour pancake mix, it comes in a jug, take cap off add water put cap back on & shake. You just pour the batter, no clean up we use it on vacation all the time. Jimmy Dean sandwiches are easy & great but I will say they cook better when thawed first we keep them in the fridge not freezer. Fruit & greek yogurt nice breakfast too

Kae
Oct 1999-POFQ May 1996-AS Music May 1994-Travel Lodge DTD Dec 1971-Contemporary
DisneyLand-March 2006
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:28 PM   #27
darnheather
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yeah they are kind of good. LOL I only let me kids have those and pop tarts on vacation so I totally understand.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:00 PM   #28
DisneyWannabee
Addicted to Disney

Being a Brit too, I can relate to this - we sooooo love being an American Family

Mine like Eggo Waffles and corn dogs!

That said we will still end up taking weetabix for DD3

DisneyWannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 05:58 PM   #29
scojos
I want to be Tinkerbell and fly on the wire to start wishes
Thinks Disney studies should be taught in all schools

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleglech View Post
When staying at OKW, I prefer to just dump bowls of grits down my throat.
never eaten grits
are they sweet or savoury?

loving the ideas guys ty and yes, the full english bfast is something else but i promise i only have 1 once a year, normally before i get on a plane as i dont like aircraft food lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2010 - 2 weeks SSR free DDP 1 week creekside villa
2013- 2 weeks okw free ddp[/SIZE]
me dh ds1 ds2dd
scojos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:01 PM   #30
skedinger
Earning My Ears

American breakfast...

Pop-tarts: They come in a gazillion flavors. I don't know about Wolverhampton, but in Nottingham we can only buy strawberry. I miss frosted brown sugar cinnamon desperately.

Bacon: It's different in the States. IMHO bacon in the UK is breakfast ham in the US and bacon in the US is not really available in the UK. If you've not had it, you must try it. I like mine very crispy.

Sausage gravy and biscuits: Very American (specifically, southern American). American biscuits are also not really available in the UK. They are fantastic, either with jam or with sausage gravy. It's easy to make and you can readily find recipes online. You can buy refrigerated biscuits from Pillsbury that you just bake in the oven.

Cereal: It sounds boring, but there are a whole range of types and flavors available in the US that aren't offered in the UK. And it is cheap. Lucky Charms is 5 pounds a box at our local Tesco (about $7.50) and would be $3.00 at Wal-Mart in the States. And there is NO Wheetabix.

Have fun!

Upcoming trip -- August 2014: DLP, September 2014: CSR

Past trips -- August 2013: BC and ASMo, April 2012: DLP, March 2010: POP, August 2008: DLR, April 2003: DoubleTree, December 2001: Hilton, June 2001: DLR, March 2000: DLP, September 1998: ASSp, April 1995: YC, March 1994: CBR plus 10 trips in the 1970's and 1980's!

skedinger is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: