Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2013, 11:38 AM   #1
Callie
Always Dreaming of Disney Magic

She stole anotherís identity, and took her secret to the grave. Who was she?

Quote:
The death of a wife and mother in Texas revealed a case of stolen identity with a connection to the Northwest. Now a Seattle investigator is trying to figure out who this mystery woman really was.
Pretty good mystery going on right now.
http://seattletimes.com/html/localne...anedoexml.html
Old 07-14-2013, 12:09 PM   #2
snarlingcoyote
I know people who live in really carpy school districts

Wow. Read the article, then went out to Websleuths. . .I've been sucked down the rabbit hole of this for the next few hours.
snarlingcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-14-2013, 12:18 PM   #3
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Very strange. I would love to know what those letters contained.

Justice For Travis
usnuzuloose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 01:51 PM   #4
TiggerTails57
FIL is still waiting for his My Little Pony cake

Cool read......thanks!
TiggerTails57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 04:16 PM   #5
Twingle
DIS Veteran

Interesting story - thanks for sharing.

Avatar compliments of Mr. DiRTy BuNNy, who created it when I informed him that I didn't have an avatar because I couldn't find one that was "me".
Twingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:09 PM   #6
FlyingDumbo
DIS Veteran

So many questions!
FlyingDumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:07 PM   #7
zurgswife
WDW is my Shangrala...and I'm going...life is better!!!

That's was very interesting. If love to know the Reason though it sounds as though no one will ever know

In Honor of Robin Costello I will miss you my dear friend.
zurgswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:17 PM   #8
MaryAnnDVC
"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless

Fascinating. Maybe someone should do a writeup with her picture and then do a mass re-sharing on FB. I love a mystery, but I hate when they're not solved!

Friends of ours found a body in a lake 25 years ago and the victim (murder...he was wrapped in chicken wire) has never been identified. DH and I were just talking about it again today...that someone could go missing and not have anyone from their life looking for them. Or looking for them just never crosses the right information.

Hope someone figures out who that woman was. I don't post on nor follow Websleuths, but I know they're pretty amazing at solving crimes/mysteries.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:58 PM   #9
MrsPete
DIS Veteran

This isn't nearly on the same level . . .

but when my grandfather died and my grandmother had to get an official copy of his birth certificate (so she could get a death certificate), we were all shocked to learn that the name he'd called himself all his life . . . wasn't his name! His last name was unchanged, of course, but apparently somewhere along the line he just decided to "pick up" a new Christian name, and he dropped the one given to him by his parents. His own children had no idea, and no one is left from the older generation to ask. His driver's license, wedding license and other official papers from various sources all listed the name by which we knew him. We can only assume that at some point (maybe when he obtained his first driver's license?) it was acceptable just to give one's name without formal evidence, and he chose to give the name he wanted.

I suppose it'll be a mystery in our family forever.
MrsPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:08 PM   #10
JVL1018
Forever Mickey's daughter
I hate stickers on fruit, it skeeves me.
If someone doesn't like it, tough noogies
"Nakey Boy to the rescue!!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPete View Post

but when my grandfather died and my grandmother had to get an official copy of his birth certificate (so she could get a death certificate), we were all shocked to learn that the name he'd called himself all his life . . . wasn't his name! His last name was unchanged, of course, but apparently somewhere along the line he just decided to "pick up" a new Christian name, and he dropped the one given to him by his parents. His own children had no idea, and no one is left from the older generation to ask. His driver's license, wedding license and other official papers from various sources all listed the name by which we knew him. We can only assume that at some point (maybe when he obtained his first driver's license?) it was acceptable just to give one's name without formal evidence, and he chose to give the name he wanted.

My FIL has a different first name than the one used in his birth certificate. He is Vincenzo on his birth certificate and James everywhere else. HIS father was Salvatore on his birth certificate and Thomas everywhere else.(that may have been an immigration thing, bc his name was Salvatore on the ship manifest)
My FIL's Social Security, school records, drivers license, financial records, medical records, even his army papers all have the name not on the birth cert.
His parents are the ones who started calling him something else from birth. Very odd.

JVL1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:05 PM   #11
MaryAnnDVC
"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVL1018 View Post
My FIL has a different first name than the one used in his birth certificate. He is Vincenzo on his birth certificate and James everywhere else. HIS father was Salvatore on his birth certificate and Thomas everywhere else.(that may have been an immigration thing, bc his name was Salvatore on the ship manifest)
My FIL's Social Security, school records, drivers license, financial records, medical records, even his army papers all have the name not on the birth cert.
His parents are the ones who started calling him something else from birth. Very odd.
My father was going to Belgium when he was 17 and needed a copy of his birth certificate. The last name was spelled wrong, and there was a completely different first name. He was delivered by a midwife, who was paid with a bottle of wine, is how the story goes , so it appears it was just an error on her part when she filed it; his parents were living when he got the copy and had never named him the name on the birth certificate.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:20 PM   #12
Coonhound
Mouseketeer

My dads birth certificate has his name spelled wrong He said his parents didn't notice it at first and then they never changed it. My dad has signed his name the correct way (the way his parents meant it to be) for his entire life, but that's not the name on his birth certificate. I wonder if that means any document he signs isn't legal?
Coonhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:27 AM   #13
NHdisneylover
Lanyards are taking all my poor organizatioanl skills
mice and such creatures tend to like to travel aorund

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPete View Post

My grandfather found out that her name was legally "Sebiah" and not "Syble" (as her dad and step mom and teachers and EVERYONE had called her since she was old enough to remember) when she got married. They pulled her birth certificate for that, and it had Sebiah on it

Funny--I know that story, but I don't know if she ever legally changed it to Syble or if the birth certificate does not match everything else (SS#, etc). I don't think the legalities were such a big deal back then.

My blog about my wanderings and ramblings in Europe, Disney and where ever else life takes me:

http://hadleyswanderingsandramblings.blogspot.de/
NHdisneylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:24 AM   #14
daemom
DIS Veteran

My dad's birth certificate has "no name" in the section for first name. It actually says "No name" Smith. I guess his mother just didn't know what she was going to name him. He's gone but I don't think he ever had an issue with it--thankfully!!
daemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:57 AM   #15
blana
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemom View Post
My dad's birth certificate has "no name" in the section for first name. It actually says "No name" Smith. I guess his mother just didn't know what she was going to name him. He's gone but I don't think he ever had an issue with it--thankfully!!
DH's grandfather's birth certificate just has a blank for the first name. It apparently took him some time to convince the people in the state office that it was HIS birth certificate since the people working there had only seen that happen when the child died shortly after birth.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: