Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2013, 03:58 PM   #77
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
I definitely want to try the new TT my next trip. I missed the soft opening by one day last trip. From what I hear I may not like it, but I do want to at least try it.

I think everyone should give it a try; it just wasn't my cup of tea

That shot of SSE is fantastic!!!

Thank you.

The only two TS I've eaten in Epcot are Coral Reef in December and Biergarten in 2008. I do have an ADR for Via Napoli for September, nad I have eaten at the CS in Mexico and America though. Rose and Crown is one I keep thinking I might like, but I'm not sure.
Really? I would have thought you'd been to more places. I've not done Via Napoli yet; we keep putting it on the list and then taking it off because pizza and I (I should say red sauce) and I don't always agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apainterxx44 View Post
I'm a new reader and I am SUPER excited to follow this TR!
always delighted to have a new reader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaDreaming View Post
Kathy,
I dislike everything about the new Test Track. To the point where I may never ride it again. I understand it needed a fresh look. It just does nothing for me. And I didn't like that I had to "work" before I got on the ride. I'm not a car person. I did beat Tony who put way more work into designing his lol.

It just doesn't do a thing for me; for as long as it was closed, I would have expected a whole lot more. Good for you beating Tony!

I may be the only crazy one here but, Spaceship Earth seems weightless. Every time I see a pic, or better yet, see it in person, it looks like I could pluck it right off the stands and take it home with me. And I would, too.
It does look that way, doesn't it? I love when people have their photo taken in front of it as if they are holding it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
It's been a long time since we've seen the Lion King whatever it's real name movie is at EPCOT. Maybe we should duck in there so John can take a nap next trip.

I doubt that is the place he would get a nap...it's a very loud movie.

I'm anxious to hear how you like Rose & Crown. The last time we ate there, it was just so-so. Seemed a bit bland but we like our stuff a little spicy.
We have eaten at Rose & Crown numerous times; it's just been about five years since we last did. I'm not a spicy lover so it will suit me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
They have a beer flight at the R&C? Why did I NOT know that? I really enjoyed my last meal there. Lots of fun and good food.
MEK, it's either a beer flight or a beer sampler (7 little glasses). We've always enjoyed the food there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EstherS View Post
A little late, but I'm here to follow along.
Better late than never. Glad to have you here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWaddictt View Post
Sounds like fun! I do like Test Track though, more then Soarin' but that is just my opinion. Everyone is different. I think Soarin' would be better if they update the movie and screen.

Soarin' definitely needs that screen fixed; I find it takes away from the overall satisfaction with the film.

I love R&C, especially during the fireworks. Amazing! Food is pretty good too!
The last time we ate there we had an outside table and watched Illuminations (I think that's the last time we saw Illuminations!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
Love day two! DHS is my 2nd favorite park (after MK) !!!!!

Really? DHS is our least favorite park and we very seldom make it a half day there (this time we will stay a little past half a day)

I hope your Friend is doing well after her loss..

She's still not in the office and I've not talked to her since Monday; I'll call her over the weekend.

Sci-fi have you had the pasta?! My favorite. never had the onion rings. that just made my list too....

No, I usually get the burger or the turkey sandwich; maybe I'll branch out and try the pasta as long as there is NO red sauce.

I haven't seen your slushie yet...

I think i am most excited to see new hat pictures...
I figured I'd save the slushie for our full Epcot day.
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2013, 04:00 PM   #78
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
I share your excitement, Kathy! We're at 21 ourselves. And still unhappy that we will miss you AGAIN by just a few days.
I know...I can't believe we miss you by a few days again. One of these days our trip will overlap, I hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
I'm interested to hear how you like Rose and Crown. I'm dying to try it there, but the picky eater in me and my family tells my head its not a good choice. Chances are that dh and I would get the fish and chips. And I hear that you only get 1 fish with the meal at R&C, but double the fish for $8+ if you buy it at the stand outside. I'd hope I'd be more adventurous than fish and chips if we ate there.
Tink, we've eaten there numerous times and have never had a bad meal. It's been awhile and I'm hoping that hasn't changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I am really hoping to go to R&C on our Dec trip. Given that we have 3 different ressies there I hope the chances are good but you never know

I think with three different ressies you should get there in December.

Plans are looking really good!
Thanks, Cynthia.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:17 PM   #79
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Day 3

It is now Sunday, August 18 (use your imagination, people ).

We will not be having breakfast in the room this morning as we have my favorite breakfast ADR at 8:10 a.m. Where might that be you ask? Well, here of course:

And I will be having plenty of this for my breakfast:

I am sure we will hit up several of our favorites after breakfast:

We will do some window shopping and I'm sure try on a few of these beauties:

After that, we have a lunch ADR at Liberty Tree Tavern. We've not been there since 2007 or 2008. Mark's been itching to go back so I booked it for him.

After lunch, we will head back to OKW for a rest lounging at the pool or playing in the water:

After that, we'll head back to the MK for evening Extra Magic Hours where we will try to hit up some more favorites:

And some more of this:

I've also got it on my list to see the Main Street Electrical Parade this evening since we have not seen it since they brought it back and it brings back memories of our visits with the kids in tow. The park closes (the last time I checked) at 10 p.m. which means EMH's until midnight. We will see if these two old folks can last that long.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:30 PM   #80
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Crystal Palace and Liberty Tree Tavern sound like you will be eating good! We ate at LTT recently and I enjoyed it. I ended up getting fish, it was some kind of mahi mahi. It was incredible, but they were soon switching the menu to salmon as the fish.

Sounds like a nice mix of attractions and pool time. MSEP will be a nice way to end the day.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:50 PM   #81
FloridaDreaming
Mouseketeer

I'd love to imagine that it's Sunday the 18th! That means I'd be checking into Yacht Club in the morning lol! Yay!
Love the MK day. Perfect that you are wearing your Happy Anniversary buttons in the CP pic. You guys are too adorable. Breakfast looks divine. Is that stuffed french toast I see? I've never been to CP. Looks like the french toast from CRT.
Pool time. Sounds so lovely, doesn't it? I hear it's hotter by you guys than it is down here. You should have no problems with the August heat by then.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:00 PM   #82
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

How far behind can one person be.... I even missed the heads up notice (thank you). I am so happy you get to go back so soon and for such a great reason! I love that you have so many pics to share.

Old 07-18-2013, 05:17 PM   #83
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

I am imagining it is August 18th and 4 days till the girls 18th birthday !!!!!!!Your plans sound great!!! I have yet todo Liberty for lunch or CP for breakfast !!I am doing CP for dinner in October !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 07-18-2013, 06:22 PM   #84
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Sounds like a great day of good food, attractions and pool time!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 07-19-2013, 09:18 AM   #85
GrammyJudy
DIS Veteran

I am here...love your reports. BTW I love the wedding pictures. So happy for your anniversary trip. I just don,t know how you can plan so many trips at once, I am having enough trouble with just my Dec. Trip.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:54 AM   #86
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Your reports the THE BEST! Sounds like So much fun. Love how you both are just kids at heart and shows with your 30 years of Marriage! You have found the spice of life!

Sci-fi pasta not red sauce. I think i am going to call ahead of your ADR and tell them the VIP is in and to make sure it is perfect!

Yep HS is my favorite! I love the old 50's Hollywood hookey knee slapping humor it has! I know i am in the low percentage of people who do just screams fun. Plus it has a couple of my FAVORITE rides!!!
Old 07-19-2013, 04:41 PM   #87
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

really looking forward to this to see how you guys like going that time of the year

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 07-21-2013, 11:19 AM   #88
GoofyFan1515
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
We are at 30 days!!!!!

for 30 days!!! (okay, so 26 now...........)

Always have a great day at Epcot! So many things to do, even when the "big" rides are no longer an option! Well, except that stinky ride...........

Haven't been to breakfast at CP in a few years! Need to go back soon! What was the item on your plate that looked like it was coated in sugar! Looks really yummy!

Always great getting back to the resort for an afternoon break and pool time!
Old 07-22-2013, 10:55 AM   #89
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Crystal Palace and Liberty Tree Tavern sound like you will be eating good! We ate at LTT recently and I enjoyed it. I ended up getting fish, it was some kind of mahi mahi. It was incredible, but they were soon switching the menu to salmon as the fish.

You know we love Crystal Palace; I'm not sure what I'm getting at LTT, but I'm sure Mark will be getting the Pilgrim's Feast. I would have liked the mahi mahi (not a fan of salmon).

Sounds like a nice mix of attractions and pool time. MSEP will be a nice way to end the day.
It will be good to finally see MSEP again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaDreaming View Post
I'd love to imagine that it's Sunday the 18th! That means I'd be checking into Yacht Club in the morning lol! Yay!
Love the MK day. Perfect that you are wearing your Happy Anniversary buttons in the CP pic. You guys are too adorable. Breakfast looks divine. Is that stuffed french toast I see? I've never been to CP. Looks like the french toast from CRT.

You are too funny. Yes, that is my favorite puffed french toast.

Pool time. Sounds so lovely, doesn't it? I hear it's hotter by you guys than it is down here. You should have no problems with the August heat by then.
It was crazy hot last week; 90 - 96 all week with humidity making it feel like 102 or higher. Truthfully, it didn't bother us at all...the way we look at it, it's better than all the rain we were having and definitely better than cold and snow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post

How far behind can one person be.... I even missed the heads up notice (thank you). I am so happy you get to go back so soon and for such a great reason! I love that you have so many pics to share.

Judy, no worries...whenever you pop in is fine. Yes, 25 days until we are back at our happy place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I am imagining it is August 18th and 4 days till the girls 18th birthday !!!!!!!Your plans sound great!!! I have yet todo Liberty for lunch or CP for breakfast !!I am doing CP for dinner in October !!!
The girls are going to be 18? Oh my...where does time go. You must go to CP for breakfast one of these days, Rosie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Sounds like a great day of good food, attractions and pool time!
Thanks, Steph. I'm trying to make more pool time for hubby this trip as I know it is going to be hot when we are there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammyJudy View Post
I am here...love your reports. BTW I love the wedding pictures. So happy for your anniversary trip. I just don,t know how you can plan so many trips at once, I am having enough trouble with just my Dec. Trip.
There you are! Good to see you GrammyJudy. I'm glad you enjoyed the wedding pictures. I only have this and the December trip left to plan for. So far it's not been too hard to keep up with our girls trip report from June and this August pre-trip report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
Your reports the THE BEST! Sounds like So much fun. Love how you both are just kids at heart and shows with your 30 years of Marriage! You have found the spice of life!

Mo, you are making me blush. Yes, we are just kids at heart. Thank you.

Sci-fi pasta not red sauce. I think i am going to call ahead of your ADR and tell them the VIP is in and to make sure it is perfect!

I'm okay if it is not red sauce,, so maybe I'll give it a try.

Yep HS is my favorite! I love the old 50's Hollywood hookey knee slapping humor it has! I know i am in the low percentage of people who do just screams fun. Plus it has a couple of my FAVORITE rides!!!
I like the old 50's too, but the rides just don't do much fo rme.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:59 AM   #90
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
really looking forward to this to see how you guys like going that time of the year
Hi, Dan. We've been late August before, but never mid-August. We are anticipating HOT and rain, but we really wanted to use those AP's one more time before they expired and September wouldn't work with Mark's trade show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyFan1515 View Post
for 30 days!!! (okay, so 26 now...........)

Actually, 25 now. It's okay...I know how busy everyone is.

Always have a great day at Epcot! So many things to do, even when the "big" rides are no longer an option! Well, except that stinky ride...........

Don't you be picking on my Figment!

Haven't been to breakfast at CP in a few years! Need to go back soon! What was the item on your plate that looked like it was coated in sugar! Looks really yummy!

That would be the famous Pooh's Puffed French Toast which I could just sit there and eat with nothing else accompanying it. But not sure Mark would like how hyper I would get afterwards.

Always great getting back to the resort for an afternoon break and pool time!
Yes, I agree. And I think we'll need it being August this trip and hotter than we are accustomed to (although September has been hot in years past).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: