Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2013, 11:38 AM   #62
solana131
DIS Veteran

Sorry I'm late, but I'm here for the ride! Can't wait to meet you finally

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2013, 01:52 PM   #63
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
DHS morning sounds good!

I have SciFi planned for my maybe trip, for my first time ever eating there.
You've never eaten at Sci Fi? Try the onion rings...they are awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaDreaming View Post
Yay for DHS! I just love the entrance to that park. So retro. Makes me smile every time.

I'm with you...love that entrance.

Plans sound great. Love that you two split up for ToT and RnR. At least they're right next to each other!

It would be silly for us to wait for each other...this way we can move on to the next thing.

We love Sci Fi. It's one of our favorite table service restaurants at Disney. Especially for the dark and cool aspect. It will be, as you said, 100 degrees in the shade. Goofy movie clips are always fun. Good burgers. EXCELLENT onion rings! When we were there on the 4th, one of our friends ordered the fried pickles. Something I always cringed at when I'd hear about. Had them once before at Cheeseburger in Paradise. They were surprisingly good. And Sci-Fi's were good as well. Won't replace my rings but, still good.
Hungry just thinking about it...

That's funny that you mention the fried pickles. When we were there in December with Des and Andy, Des ordered them. I didn't try them, but I don't like pickles. She seemed quite happy with them.

You know, you are right. I don't recall ever seeing Starbucks at Midway. Must be the reason why I always bee-lined it to the Starbucks at MCO upon landing. Not to mention just a nice welcome to the upcoming days. But, mornings at Midway always meant McD's breakfast. Something I never allowed myself except for those moments. Vacation=Bad Food! lol
They serve Starbucks coffee in one of the establishments...I don't recall which one. But I don't drink just straight coffee; I drink cappucinos and they don't make them. I also beeline for Starbucks when I get off the plane in Orlando since I know I won't have it for awhile. Although, now I will, since they opened it on Main Street.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez View Post
I have never been to Sci-Fi, but the theme does look very appealing. One of these days I will have to do it as an OOP meal. My only concern is that after eating here I will pack on about 10 pounds. My problem is if I eat ice cubes and wash it down with a glass of water I gain at least 5 pounds.
The theme is so much fun, Bob. When we used to do the dining plan, we always did that one and Plaza as our OOP meals. The walking the parks would take it right back off of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
You're doing a PTR, too? Busy lady! I cannot wait to hear all about your plans for this trip...it sounds like its going to be EPIC! And congratulations on 30 years!

Hi, Tina; yes, since my trip is 31 days away, I had to get this going. Thanks for the congrats on our 30th.

I also really fell for OKW when I was there in October. It is a beautiful resort with a really laid back feel. The main pool is adorable, too. The grounds are so lush...I love all the palm trees! And Turtle Crawls...yum! Oh...and Olivia's!

Olivia's is a hidden gem and we really enjoy breakfast and dinner there (I think we are only doing breakfast this trip unless plans change). The turtle crawls almost beat out my favorite pina colada at AK.

Your DHS plans sound great!
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkfandel View Post
Great Plans so far. Happy 30th Anniversary. Our 30th was last year and we too were at OKW to celebrate it. Loved it there.
It's a small world...you celebrated your 30th the same place we are. Happy Belated 30th to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyFan1515 View Post
I was talking about also trying to keep up with your TR AND your PTR........

Oh, is that what you meant.

Sounds like a great start to day 2 at DHS, but I would be heading off with Mark to RnR.

And he'd be delighted to have you!

Sorry to hear about the husband of your friend!
It was a sad, sad situation. She lost her mother this past November, and then her husband got ill late April of this year and died last week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Great plans for the first part of the day!! We are eating at SciFi in October !! I have to have me a Oreo cookie milkshake and that Outta this world cheesecake !!! Prolly will go with the steak for my entree!!! I love the atmosphere too and the corny film clips !!!
Thank you, Rosie. I will recommend the Oreo Cookie Milkshake to Mark. As well as the cheesecake (I don't eat cheesecake, but he loves it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Again - I just wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss Kathy. (((Hugs)))

Thanks, D.

Love your plans!!! I also love DHS in the morning -the entrace gate is just so awesome!

It seems a lot of us feel that way.

We are also eating at Sci-fi this time - we have never eaten there before... I need to go look at a few reviews to find out what is good - I have heard not the stray from the burgers there? And this is the first I have heard of the onion rings.... Yup - I feel more research is in order.

D~
Love the onion rings, the milkshakes, the burgers are good and Mark loves the Reuben sandwich...he says it is a tie between the one there and the one at the Plaza.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Signing on. Thanks for the heads-up Kathy! I'll try to keep up.
Glenn, come by whenever you can; delighted as always to have you join us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
Sorry I'm late, but I'm here for the ride! Can't wait to meet you finally
Suzi, I can't wait to meet you and your adorable son.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:04 PM   #64
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Day 2, Part 2

I figured before I go back to the Girls Trip Report, I'd finish up Day 2 on the PTR.

After our lunch at Sci Fi and finishing up whatever we hadn't been able to get done that morning, we will be heading here:

I'm sure Soarin' fastpasses will be gone by the time we get here and probably Test Track too (although I really don't care if we skip Test Track the entire trip...was not a fan of the new ride at all).

I'm sure we will at least try to do these:

We may even stop and watch this. It's not a bad film, although it could use an updating (we try to do it every other year because we feel so bad that no one ever seems to go in there):

And we'll try to do these as well:

We then have a dinner reservation here:

(BORROWED FROM THE DIS HOME PAGE)

It's been a few years since we have eaten at Rose & Crown and we are looking forward to going back. Mark loves to try the beer flight.

After that, we'll probably roam a little bit in World Showcase before heading back to the resort. We have an early morning again the next monring.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:08 PM   #65
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

I definitely want to try the new TT my next trip. I missed the soft opening by one day last trip. From what I hear I may not like it, but I do want to at least try it.

That shot of SSE is fantastic!!!

The only two TS I've eaten in Epcot are Coral Reef in December and Biergarten in 2008. I do have an ADR for Via Napoli for September, nad I have eaten at the CS in Mexico and America though. Rose and Crown is one I keep thinking I might like, but I'm not sure.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 07-16-2013, 02:49 PM   #66
apainterxx44
Mouseketeer

I'm a new reader and I am SUPER excited to follow this TR!

Me 23 DBF Roy 27

Old 07-16-2013, 03:19 PM   #67
FloridaDreaming
Mouseketeer

Kathy,
I dislike everything about the new Test Track. To the point where I may never ride it again. I understand it needed a fresh look. It just does nothing for me. And I didn't like that I had to "work" before I got on the ride. I'm not a car person. I did beat Tony who put way more work into designing his lol.

I may be the only crazy one here but, Spaceship Earth seems weightless. Every time I see a pic, or better yet, see it in person, it looks like I could pluck it right off the stands and take it home with me. And I would, too.
Old 07-16-2013, 03:23 PM   #68
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

It's been a long time since we've seen the Lion King whatever it's real name movie is at EPCOT. Maybe we should duck in there so John can take a nap next trip.

I'm anxious to hear how you like Rose & Crown. The last time we ate there, it was just so-so. Seemed a bit bland but we like our stuff a little spicy.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 07-16-2013, 07:15 PM   #69
MEK
DIS Veteran

They have a beer flight at the R&C? Why did I NOT know that? I really enjoyed my last meal there. Lots of fun and good food.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 07-16-2013, 08:36 PM   #70
EstherS
Mouseketeer

A little late, but I'm here to follow along.
April 2009 CSR took Daughter on her first trip to Disney!
Oct 24th - 30th 2010. TRIP CANCELED for medical reason's.
2012 & 2013 trip postponed laid off of my job.

So now planning a trip for 2014 or 2015 depending on when I find a job.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:29 PM   #71
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

Sounds like fun! I do like Test Track though, more then Soarin' but that is just my opinion. Everyone is different. I think Soarin' would be better if they update the movie and screen.

I love R&C, especially during the fireworks. Amazing! Food is pretty good too!
Old 07-17-2013, 07:20 AM   #72
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Love day two! DHS is my 2nd favorite park (after MK) !!!!!

I hope your Friend is doing well after her loss..

Sci-fi have you had the pasta?! My favorite. never had the onion rings. that just made my list too....

I haven't seen your slushie yet...

I think i am most excited to see new hat pictures...
Old 07-17-2013, 07:27 AM   #73
KatMark
DIS Veteran

We are at 30 days!!!!!

Last edited by KatMark; 07-17-2013 at 08:26 AM.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:28 AM   #74
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
We are at 30 days!!!!!
I share your excitement, Kathy! We're at 21 ourselves. And still unhappy that we will miss you AGAIN by just a few days.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 07-17-2013, 07:52 AM   #75
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

I'm interested to hear how you like Rose and Crown. I'm dying to try it there, but the picky eater in me and my family tells my head its not a good choice. Chances are that dh and I would get the fish and chips. And I hear that you only get 1 fish with the meal at R&C, but double the fish for $8+ if you buy it at the stand outside. I'd hope I'd be more adventurous than fish and chips if we ate there.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: