|09-02-2013, 10:00 AM||#1|
Join Date: Aug 2006
Observations From the Last 8 Days
At the airport heading back from 8 days at WDW. Had a few observations I thought I'd share in case anyone is interested. Here goes...
1) The Fantasmic pre-show is truly horrible. Cringe-worthy nonsense. It would be far better to sit through 30 minutes of silence. The overly enthusiastic cheerleaders running this were amazingly annoying. View shared by our entire family ages 8-41.
2) Wait times for Toy Story Mania are way overstated. We had one ride where wait time was listed as 40 minutes and actual time was 25. Another time was listed as 30 and actual time was 10.
3) It is very easy to get a walk-in table at Liberty Tree Tavern at 11:45am. The place was empty and we were seated immediately. Have done this twice on very crowded park days
4) The new Starbucks is awesome! Really well designed and executed. The line moves very quickly and it is great to have good coffee in the parks. The Joffrey's at the resorts is also a major improvement
5) Hoop Dee Doo review late show seems to be undersold somehow. We booked Category 2 seating but ended up near the middle of the main floor. Really good seats. Upstairs was not used at all for this performance. Highly recommend this showing if not too late for you
6) At Kali River Rapids, if there is no line, they will let you ride repeatedly without exiting the loading area. We did this several times early one morning. This is a lot of fun on a hot day
7) New Test Track and some of the other RFID inspired attractions are still pretty weak. The idea of designing a car and following it through the ride is a great one, but there is no payoff. The ride experience does not depend on your creation at all. Similarly, the new pirates adventure rfid game is pretty lame. all you do is run around adventure land and hold up the card to see 3 short scenes. These ideas have absolutely amazing potential, but so far nothing exciting has been delivered.
8) I'm starting to question whether Magical Express bus service is really worth it. I absolutely love the baggage service (both ways). But, a taxi instead of the bus means faster departure from the airport, direct ride to your hotel, and a much later departure from the resort on the way home.
A fantastic trip and we can't wait to go again.
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|