Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2013, 01:01 PM   #1
matt&jakesmom
DIS Veteran

Just back from the "world"

We were at disney from 8/25 to 9/1. We go down every year at this same time and I have to say that the crowd levels seemed to be one of the lowest. During the week the wait times on all ride except Toy Story Mania were anywhere between 5 to 15 minutes. Of course as Saturday came about the times increased. Even last Sunday at MK in the evening we had no wait time for the new stuff like Belle and the Ariel ride. I was really surprised in that.

We noticed too that the restaurants were not as busy as they usually are. There were a couple times that we got to a restuarant early either a half hour to an hour early and had no problems getting accomdated within a short period of time.

We were not part of the magic band test but I can definately see a convenience to them. Instead of lugging the cards out of pockets it will be nice to just wave the wrist. Plus I am looking forward to reserve my time for Toy Story instead of having to get up early to the park really just to do that ride.

My boys are 16 and 14 and slowly starting seeing them wanting their own time. In fact last Friday my 16 year asked if he could go off to MK by himself instead of having dinner with us and some friends. We let him go and he said he had a blast just walking thru shops,pin trading and riding rides. As I told my DH our trips are slowly changing. We go every year and are constantly doing everything together, now they are growing up and don't want to spend the entire time with mom and dad.

My 16 year parasailed again this year and loved it. My DH and DS rode the sea racers. My DH and I did the carriage ride at POR where we stayed. All in all it was a wonderful family trip full of memories. Now to look foward to 2014 and the disney cruise for 4 days and then 6 days at the world for our 20th anniversary.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:13 PM   #2
KELLY
DIS Veteran

I agree we were at the MK this last Friday 5-10 minute waits every where. We were there for 12 days and did have MB we did go on the dream for 5 days before. Both vacations were awesome. Can't wait for next year and yes I loved my magic band and my FP+. We aren't early risers and would rather head to the park around noon and stay late. SO the few long lines like PP, ETWB we had FP for anyway. Space mountain was a 5 minute wait.

We are all booked for next year 8 days at POR with FD and booked 7 night fantasy cruise. At least I have something to look forward to.

Many Trips the past 6 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 8 and DD 6
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2013, 01:47 PM   #3
PrettyFlower2
Mouseketeer

8/25-9/2 seems like a great week to go. I'm going 6/26-7/2 so I'm sure it will be a madhouse.

Eating Vegetarian in WDW

Dana
Old 09-04-2013, 01:58 PM   #4
chimilady
DIS Veteran

I came here to post the same thing! We went from 8/23 - 9/2. Virtually no waits, empty restaurants, and the weather wasn't too bad (except for the weekend). My husband definitely wants to go back this time next year.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:02 PM   #5
Ds4angels
Mouseketeer

Good to hear. Trying to talk dh into the last week of August trip next year. We've only ever gone in late Jan, early, Feb. I'd like to take advantage of low crowds, but warmer weather
Old 09-04-2013, 02:03 PM   #6
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran

Us too...8/22-9/1...Great week to go! Will be back next year, same time
Old 09-04-2013, 02:21 PM   #7
Mitzicat
Mouseketeer

I've alwasy said the best week is the one after Labor day. I remember one year there were 6 of us in the theater at the American Adventure. And that was at noon!

So it looks like the week before to two weeks after Labor day. I think it is because no matter where you are in the states...the majority of kids have already started school or are starting school and no one wants to miss the first few days of a new school year.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:36 PM   #8
Binx214
Earning My Ears

Sitting in MK today and have to agree 5-15 minute waits on pretty much everything. Been here since 8/27. This is our third year coming the same week love it!
Old 09-04-2013, 02:50 PM   #9
Brian_WDW74
Theme Parks Co-Moderator
Oh, I'm detecting nuttiness.

DISboards Moderator

Per the Looking for the Live Report and Just Back Threads? sticky thread, I have moved this to the Disney Trip Reports forum.

Old 09-04-2013, 02:53 PM   #10
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

The only crowds we really ran into were MK when we were leaving Sunday morning about 11:15 and when we went back at 3:20 and again at 9:00, but it really cleared out after MSEP and wasn't too bad when we left at 1:15am. There was atill a 50 minute wait at Peter Pan when I went by just after midnight. There was a fairly long line when we rode BTMRR, but I didn't notice the wait time.

Saturday at Epcot was dead most of the day. It was a little more crowded that evening when we went back for dinner, but it wasn't too bad.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: