DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2013, 09:59 AM   #31
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs1228 View Post
I have to wonder what would have happened if Disney did ROFR'd the contract would the seller be able to change their minds so easily does anyone know? Just curious
Historically DVC has not required sellers to proceed when they were ROFR'd, they have also allowed the contract to be resubmitted with different terms after ROFR was not given.
Old 07-14-2013, 04:31 PM   #32
tb1972
DIS Veteran

Sorry OP. This happened to us last month. Made it through Rofr and seller backed out on closing day. We didn't feel it was worth the time or expense to involve a lawyer and just moved on. It doesn't seem to be a common occurrence for a seller to change their mind. Best of luck finding a new contract!

tb1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-14-2013, 06:29 PM   #33
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

OP, just wanted to say I'm so sorry! I remember how much work it was to go through all those steps of retail, it being a real estate transaction and all that entails, and to have nothing to show for it at the end would be heartbreaking, knowing you'll have to start the work all over again!

Much luck to you with your next contract, that it be an even better deal and smooth transaction!
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 09:59 PM   #34
bcvlover
Love Beaches and Creme

Talking sorry.. the same just happened to me

sorry... this just happened to me too last week.

I had a beach club I offered the asking price, and the selller declined my offer and then raised the price $5.

Seems like this maybe more common than we knew of?
bcvlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:45 AM   #35
ImagineerTHAT
Imaginerd

Quote:
I have to wonder what would have happened if Disney did ROFR'd the contract would the seller be able to change their minds so easily does anyone know? Just curious
When Disney initiates their ROFR, I believe they purchase the deed outright. On the OC Comptroller website, Disney is the grantee on deeds where the ROFR was taken.
ImagineerTHAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:24 AM   #36
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImagineerTHAT View Post
When Disney initiates their ROFR, I believe they purchase the deed outright. On the OC Comptroller website, Disney is the grantee on deeds where the ROFR was taken.
I know this what I was asking was "what would happen IF the Seller decides NOT to sell once Disney exercises their rights to take the contract" I was just wondering if the sellers would be allowed to just walk away like they did to the OP.

dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:21 AM   #37
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know this what I was asking was "what would happen IF the Seller decides NOT to sell once Disney exercises their rights to take the contract" I was just wondering if the sellers would be allowed to just walk away like they did to the OP.
The answer is yes (historically). There have been those that have changed their mind at the point of ROFR. To my knowledge, DVC has never attempted a seller to complete the sale on ROFR and they've had many chances. They've also allowed many a buyer-seller combo to change the terms and resubmit rather than completing the ROFR transfer.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:13 AM   #38
ImagineerTHAT
Imaginerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
The answer is yes (historically). There have been those that have changed their mind at the point of ROFR. To my knowledge, DVC has never attempted a seller to complete the sale on ROFR and they've had many chances. They've also allowed many a buyer-seller combo to change the terms and resubmit rather than completing the ROFR transfer.
I guess this makes sense. If someone changes their mind, it's probably not worth it for them to go after them. They can always just take another contract.
ImagineerTHAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:41 PM   #39
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImagineerTHAT View Post
I guess this makes sense. If someone changes their mind, it's probably not worth it for them to go after them. They can always just take another contract.
It also fits with their philosophy related to ROFR as, first and foremost, a tool to direct buyers to resale and to a degree, to control the resale prices and/or process.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:44 PM   #40
MousenMe
Earning My Ears

Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofanarchy View Post
Eh, so you find another contract. Worth the effort to save literally 100%.
I use a lot of my DVC points for the Disney Cruise. My understanding is that I cannot use points I may purchase through re-sale for booking cruises. For this reason alone I stay away from re-sale purchases.
That being said, I completely disagree and do not think Disney Vacation Club should be able to place these restrictions on owners. They already have their money and on top of that, they are willable and transferable but not saleable.....grrrr
MousenMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:56 PM   #41
DizBub
Totally Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by MousenMe View Post
I use a lot of my DVC points for the Disney Cruise. My understanding is that I cannot use points I may purchase through re-sale for booking cruises. For this reason alone I stay away from re-sale purchases.
That being said, I completely disagree and do not think Disney Vacation Club should be able to place these restrictions on owners. They already have their money and on top of that, they are willable and transferable but not saleable.....grrrr
I agree with you about the current restrictions on resales. But I wouldn't rule out resales for that alone if you also want to stay at WDW. You could pay for a lot of cruises for the difference in price between direct and resale. Just sayin'.
DizBub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:23 AM   #42
mirnmart
Earning My Ears

For those who are interested we are moving forward with another contract, hopefully being sent in for ROFR today!
SSR, Aug use year 200pts $72pp buyer paying dues and closing
200 '12 pts, 197 '13 pts, and all going forward
Crossing our fingers this one works out!
Old 07-17-2013, 10:58 AM   #43
DizBub
Totally Addicted

Looks good! So glad you found another contract. Best of luck with ROFR!
DizBub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:27 PM   #44
bcvlover
Love Beaches and Creme

Talking trying again on vero

Im trying again on vero....

won't post the details cause don't want to jinx it...

Wish me pixie dust, bcvlover
bcvlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:38 PM   #45
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcvlover View Post
Im trying again on vero....

won't post the details cause don't want to jinx it...

Wish me pixie dust, bcvlover
Ok, have to ask why Vero?

Please know that if you doing this thinking you can easily use Vero to book WDW, that is not always going to be the case and while contracts to buy Vero are less expensive, the dues are very high. You are going to pay those dues for a long time.

I would buy at SSR over Vero, unless you are buying Vero because that is where you will stay the most and you want 11 month booking to get a Beach Cottage.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: