Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2013, 01:08 PM   #1
California Mom
DIS Veteran

Downtown Disney Dining?

Will probably be hanging out at Downtown Disney a few nights during our January visit, and one Sunday morning....I'm familiar with some of the sit-down restaurants Rainforest, Earl of Sandwich.....looking for info on others:
T-Rex? Fulton Crab? House of Blues BRUNCH (Sunday)? others worth trying?

and considering AMC Dine-In Theater....looks cool! I've seen it on an episode of a Foodnework program and looking forward to giving it a try for meal and movie. How's the food??
THANKS
California Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:32 PM   #2
PictureJumpr
At Least 'til it Rains

Quote:
Originally Posted by California Mom View Post
Will probably be hanging out at Downtown Disney a few nights during our January visit, and one Sunday morning....I'm familiar with some of the sit-down restaurants Rainforest, Earl of Sandwich.....looking for info on others:
T-Rex? It's loud. Food is the same as RFC, just with prehistoric names rather than jungle-related. We won't be back just because of the noise and the fact that the quality doesn't make up for it.
Fulton Crab? This one has been hit-or-miss. Some evenings we've had fantastic dinners here; other times we've been sorely disappointed. It's now on the DDP, so I expect the same sort of moderation of their menu. Service has been spotty too, over the past several years.
House of Blues BRUNCH (Sunday)? Really like this one, we've done it several times but don't tend to do it any more; not because of a shortcoming here but rather we just got tired of it (we have similar experiences available here at home so it's not so special at DTD).
others worth trying?Portobello has always been a favorite, although I haven't been there in a couple of years so can't speak for recent experiences. I enjoy the Wolfgang Express in the Marketplace for a quick-service meal (one of my favorites, actually) and I like the sushi at the Cafe, but I was underwhelmed with the Cafe's table-service the last couple of times we went.

and considering AMC Dine-In Theater....looks cool! I've seen it on an episode of a Foodnework program and looking forward to giving it a try for meal and movie. How's the food?? Haven't tried the one at DTD yet, but if it follows the ones around here then the food is decent. Not great, not horrible, decent. I like the Studio Movie Grill's stuff better locally.
THANKS
Don't forget that you can take a cruise up the river from DTD to OKW or POR and try their table services too, if you were so inclined. I like Boatwright's Prime Rib at POR, and Olivia's at OKW is a solid spot too.
Register to remove

Old 07-12-2013, 01:34 PM   #3
DWillowBay
DIS Veteran

Wolfgang Puck Express - yummmmmmmmmmy! Great atmosphere. Great Service. I didn't know what to expect and was impressed by this one! (I don't impress easily!)

ASMo -1999, POP -2006, DLR - 2007, ASMo -2008, ASMu -2009, BCV - 2010, CSR - 2011, POFQ - 2012, BC - 2012, WL / CR - 2013 POR - 2014, POP! - 2014 POFQ - 2014 SO Blessed !
DWillowBay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:37 PM   #4
Princess Katherine
The Yeti's Girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWillowBay View Post
Wolfgang Puck Express - yummmmmmmmmmy! Great atmosphere. Great Service. I didn't know what to expect and was impressed by this one! (I don't impress easily!)
I was just going to say that! I have been dying to try it! I be its delicious!

Katie
Old 07-12-2013, 01:51 PM   #5
MrEVILdrPorkchop2u
DIS Veteran

Raglan Road is our favorite in DTD. We also have enjoyed Wolfgang Puck Cafe and Wolfgang Puck Express. The Cafe is a sit down and the eEpress is QS that is much more like a sit down meal. The quality of the food is very good. Also, Earl of Sandwich is another good choice for QS.
MrEVILdrPorkchop2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 01:49 PM   #6
jwfla422
DIS Veteran/Philly Native

Paradiso 37 is our absolute favorite DTD restuarant Feel free to check out my review with photos:

Our Yummy Paradiso 37 Dining Experience
Old 07-13-2013, 02:52 PM   #7
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

Raglan Road is our favorite DTD restaurant. It is a beautiful restaurant and has one of the broadest menus in WDW.
With the house band Creel, and the Irish Step dancers it is also lots of fun.
Enjoy
Old 07-13-2013, 03:00 PM   #8
darkwing818
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWillowBay View Post
Absolutely
darkwing818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 03:11 PM   #9
rustyanchor
Mouseketeer

CS: i have to agree with the PP's, WOLFGANG PUCK EXPRESS. great food... it's better than a lot of the TS restaurants.

TS: RAGLAN ROAD!!! the food is sooo delicious.

we have eaten at T-REX, it's not bad (HUGE portions) & the atmosphere is very cool. it would be great for kids.
rustyanchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 03:34 PM   #10
LAS321
When you wish upon a star...

We love Wolfgang Puck Express...if you're there for breakfast you have to try the cornflake crusted french toast....it's amazing!
They also have great lunch/dinner food.
We tried Raglan Road for the first time a couple of weeks ago and really loved it....we will definitely be going back again.
1983 ~ Polynesian, 1986 ~ Hotel Plaza, 1988,1991,1993 off-site, 1995,1997~Doubletree, Hotel Plaza, 2000, 2003, 2005 All-Star Movies, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2013 ~Caribbean Beach Resort Port Orleans Riverside 2008,2009, 2010 July 2014~ CSR and POR!!
LAS321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 06:51 PM   #11
B-Ride
Getting My Disney Fix

For TS Raglan Road is a must for us. The best selection of any TS restaurant at Disney. Wolfgang Puck is a hit and miss for us and House of Blues was a big miss except for dessert.

For CS Wolfgang Puck Express in the Marketplace is the best CS at Disney. The one in the Westside does not compare.
Disneyland Grand Californian 2014
B-Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 06:57 PM   #12
California Mom
DIS Veteran

What kind of food at Raglan Road?
California Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:10 PM   #13
Dani C
DIS Veteran

Irish

Dani C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:27 PM   #14
CSchex
Mouseketeer

Downtown Disney Dining

We ate at T-rex on our January 2013 trip. It was the best meal of our 6 day trip! My boys, 14 and 11 loved it and my husband (who is a foodie) loved the food. He is not impressed easily. It was loud, but fun and the service was good.

On a seperate trip, I recommended Raglan for my sister (who had recently spent six weeks in Ireland) and my parents to attend. None of them cared for their meal. I don't know if they went on an off day or what, but the food was just not good.
CSchex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:15 AM   #15
MinnieLee
DIS Veteran

We've done House of Blues Sunday Brunch and had a blast! The food and entertainment were great. DH just said a couple of weeks ago that he wants to go back again in November and we've been there a couple of times.

DTD - Ragland Road is great. We do Fulton's for lunch (less expensive and less crowded) since I love stone crabs and have to get them every trip. Nice atmosphere and I know some don't care for it, but we have never had a complaint with anything we have ordered there.

We've done WPE and it is a different atmosphere than RR and Fulton's. I really like the idea of taking the boat to POR. There is also the Turf Club at SS.

MinnieLee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: