Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2013, 03:03 PM   #16
PrinceNotSoCharming
Future DCP

Woohoo! This post was really charming! Is it sad that I'm getting excited for you to write about getting to Disney? NAW.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:29 PM   #17
mrsmoku
Mouseketeer

excited to read the rest of your TR!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2013, 05:05 PM   #18
Goofy442
DIS Veteran

Long ride, I thought our ride was long at 24 hours. You were not to far away, I think we would have just kept going. Need to get to Disney right away.

Old 07-16-2013, 07:41 AM   #19
FancyNancy
Princess

Those are some great movies to watch on your drive! Tangled is a favorite of mine as well! I love Eugene

Old 07-16-2013, 04:17 PM   #20
WildernessExplorer04
Future DCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceNotSoCharming View Post
Woohoo! This post was really charming! Is it sad that I'm getting excited for you to write about getting to Disney? NAW.
Haha, WE'RE ALMOST THERE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmoku View Post
excited to read the rest of your TR!
Thank you! I'm excited to write it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy442 View Post
Long ride, I thought our ride was long at 24 hours. You were not to far away, I think we would have just kept going. Need to get to Disney right away.
The ride was REALLY long. We didn't think we'd do well if we kept driving without sleep, but we got there eventually!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyNancy View Post
Those are some great movies to watch on your drive! Tangled is a favorite of mine as well! I love Eugene
I COMPLETELY understand.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:11 AM   #21
WildernessExplorer04
Future DCP

June 11th (Part One)-Traveling Through the Magical Gates at Last!

This morning, we all got ready, ate a quick complimentary breakfast in the hotel lobby, packed up our stuff, and loaded the car! We checked out of the hotel and took off; no wasting time when we had somewhere incredible to be! My mom wanted to listen to peaceful music as we drove, so we listened to the Animal Kingdom CD. After about half and hour, Nick and I watched Mulan II. He told me that his favorite prince is the one in that movie who plays with the Chinese yoyo; oh, Nick. We quickly stopped at a rest stop and continued on while listening to disc one of the Four Parks, One World CD. As we kept driving, we saw these billboards promoting Jesus and God with phone numbers on them like, "1-800-I-WILL-BE-BACK." Then we CROSSED OVER TO FLORIDA.

We had a little one-minute celebration and then decided to watch Finding Nemo! About 25 minutes in, we stopped at a rest stop to eat lunch.

It was another not-so-scrumptious meal of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, but that was okay, because we knew OUR NEXT MEAL WOULD TAKE PLACE ON DISNEY PROPERTY. After lunch, we continued driving and finished watching Finding Nemo. We stopped at a Florida Citrus center to get gas.

Right before we pulled out of there, it started POURING rain, but it only lasted about five minutes. Gotta love Florida weather, right? Then we spotted the first Disney billboard of the trip!

Yeah. I was getting excited. So, my mom was driving and all of a sudden she screamed, "LOOK AT THAT THING CROSSING THE ROAD!" It turned out to be an empty soda can...but she thought it was a mouse and was afraid we were going to hit it. Oh, mother. Her mind was on Mickey. We continued driving without any other mishaps like that.

It started raining...again. But then it stopped...again. We spotted palm trees and this lovely bird wall!

The further we drove, the more I hyperventilated and the more excited I became. We stopped at a toll booth, and then WE WERE OFFICIALLY IN ORLANDO. After a slight traffic jam, multiple Disney road signs, some intense excitement, and a few wrong name pronunciations (my father thought that Raglan Road was called Ragtime Lane; Nick thought that a road sign saying International Dr. mean International Doctor instead of International Drive), WE WERE GRACED WITH THE SIGHT OF THE BEAUTIFUL DISNEY WORLD GATES THAT I AM IMMENSLY IN LOVE WITH. We drove under them and officially arrived in Disney World (*cue the heavenly singing voices of angels*).

Just look at that perfection. Take it all in.

Anyways, we journeyed deeper and deeper into the glorious place that is my home and passed the entrance to Art of Animation!

Then we arrived at our resort: Pop Century!

Right before we turned into the resort, we encountered my second favorite form of transportation: the Disney bus!

We parked and walked into the amazingly Disney-esque lobby.

We did online check-in and the CM gave us a scavenger hunt!

We never ended up doing it, but I kept it as a souvenir! After we got our room information, we drove to a parking lot near the building we were in. We gathered our belongings and walked up to our room: building three, floor three, room number 3333. Easy to remember, right?

This was our view as we were walking:

This was our view from our room:

We opened the door and were greeted by this cute little guy!

This adorable poster was also hanging up in our room:

I ran for the television remote and turned on Stacey. It had been too long and we needed to be reunited. (I apologize for the blurriness of the photo.)

We all got situated and watched Stacey for a while. Then we left our room and headed to our next destination!

Next Post

Last edited by WildernessExplorer04; 09-03-2013 at 08:40 PM.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:18 PM   #22
Goofy442
DIS Veteran

Yay, you finally made. Can't wait to hear how it goes.

Old 07-18-2013, 07:13 AM   #23
FancyNancy
Princess

That's a great view from your room! I love that POP Century has lakeview at no extra charge

Old 07-20-2013, 11:52 AM   #24
WildernessExplorer04
Future DCP

June 11th (Part Two)-Our Art of Animation Adventure

On Sunday, I'm leaving to go to band camp for a week so I won't be able to post anything during that time. Therefore, I'm going to get this update in today and hopefully one more for y'all to read that week of my absence. That being said, enjoy this update!

After we left our room, we walked to Art of Animation using this cute bridge that connects it to Pop Century.

I tried taking a family picture (minus me), but it turned out blurry.

At the end of the bridge, we arrived at our destination: the Finding Nemo section!

This little guy was my absolute favorite:

My mom took this snazzy picture of my father.

While our parents were hanging back, Nick and I sped up to see the Big Blue Pool, because that was what I was most excited about. We took the time to get a picture of Nick with Mr. Ray first, though.

Then we found it. The glorious pool. Sigh. It was amazing. Plus, it was raining slightly and there wasn't anybody in it, so that provided an even better photo opportunity!

When we were gawking at the gigantic jellyfish in the pool, we came across a pair of pants just sitting on the pathway. It was really random and we probably laughed for about ten minutes about it. Like, there were just pants chilling there. Nobody was claiming them. How could you lose pants and forget about them?

Anyways, it started raining a bit harder, but we persevered and trekked on to the Cars section.

Dad had to get a picture with his favorite:

We walked all through that area and took plenty of pictures!

Nick wanted to pretend that Mater was eating his foot.

After thoroughly exploring, we decided we were hungry and went inside! That lobby was AMAZING. I can't even explain how beautifully Disney-themed it was. All of the sketches and EVERYTHING were FANTASTIC.

I really, REALLY liked this chandelier.

Close up!

This was my absolute favorite sketch, just because of how crazy Timon looks.

When we were finished taking in the lobby and it's perfection, we went through the Ink and Paint shop and headed to Landscape of Flavors for dinner!

Next Post

Last edited by WildernessExplorer04; 09-05-2013 at 08:16 PM.
Old 07-20-2013, 12:46 PM   #25
FancyNancy
Princess

Great AOA Pics!

Old 07-20-2013, 01:27 PM   #26
WildernessExplorer04
Future DCP

June 11th (Part Three)-Our Art of Animation Adventure (continued)

By this point, we were all starving as it was around seven o'clock and our lunch hadn't been too tasty. So, we emerged into Landscape of Flavors and went food-crazy.

After spending a good amount of time standing around and deciding what we wanted to eat, we ordered, paid, and found a table.

I got the Pork Bahn Mi sandwich for my meal, chocolate milk to drink, and a Mickey Ganache for dessert.

The sandwich was very interesting--good interesting. It had mint leaves in it which was probably what gave it the unique flavor. The ganache was also amazing! So much chocolate; yum! When I was ordering, the CM who gave me my food told me that the chips that came with my sandwich would be the best I'd ever eat in my life. I have to admit, they were quite delicious.

Nick ordered the Tandoori Boneless Chicken Thighs with Basmati rice, acorn squash, and pickled vegetables, chocolate milk, and a chocolate éclair.

He didn't eat his squash or much of his vegetables (he's not very fond of veggies and is a picky eater), but he did LOVE the chicken, rice, and, of course, the éclair.

Mom also ordered the Tandoori Boneless Chicken Thighs, but got hers with multi-grain rice, acorn squash, and spinach. She also had some cranberry apple raspberry juice to drink.

She said she enjoyed it, but it wasn't anything special.

Dad went the unadventurous route and got a turkey & cheese sandwich, potato chips, yogurt, diet coke to drink, and a cookie for dessert.

While were eating, a small child at a table near us started picking his nose and Mom said, "He's REALLY getting up in there deep!" Oh, mother.

We finished eating and it was still raining outside, but we proceeded anyways! On our way out, we explored the Lion King and Little Mermaid sections. THEY WERE INCREDIBLE. Rafiki welcomed us!

So, we found the Elephant Graveyard, and Nick and I took cover from the rain inside of it for a bit.

Then our parents reminded us that they were still getting wet. Onwards!

Dad enjoyed out-roaring Scar.

Once we had gotten our Lion King fix, we journeyed under the sea!

DINGLEHOPPER!

SNARFBLAT!

My camera decided that it would be a good time for it to die while we were in the middle of the Little Mermaid section, so I don't have any other pictures from there. We walked to our car (because our parking lot shared a parking lot with the Little Mermaid parking lot) and once we were in there, I put new batteries in. MY CAMERA LIVES. We all buckled up and drove away to our next destination of the night!

Next Post

Last edited by WildernessExplorer04; 09-05-2013 at 08:20 PM.
Old 07-20-2013, 06:57 PM   #27
sue_88
DIS veteran

I hope you don't mind if I come along on this report.
I am loving it so far and I will be staying at Pop this fall too.
I hope you have a nice time at band camp and then get back and do lots of report updates! (please, please. ).
I see why you like the Timon sketch! It is quite adorable.
I look forward to reading lots more!!

My first trip report. In progress!
Let's Start with Art!! A November 2013 Trip Report
[/URL]
Old 07-20-2013, 08:07 PM   #28
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Great TR so far! Your family is funny!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
Old 07-22-2013, 06:49 AM   #29
Goofy442
DIS Veteran

Great pictures of AOA. I love when there is nobody in my pictures even if it's raining. I go there just for the chips, and build your own burger they are so good.

Old 07-29-2013, 01:48 PM   #30
WildernessExplorer04
Future DCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyNancy View Post
Great AOA Pics!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue_88 View Post
I hope you don't mind if I come along on this report.
I am loving it so far and I will be staying at Pop this fall too.
I hope you have a nice time at band camp and then get back and do lots of report updates! (please, please. ).
I see why you like the Timon sketch! It is quite adorable.
I look forward to reading lots more!!
Welcome! Thank you, band camp was a blast! I shall be updating as soon as possible and as much as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
Great TR so far! Your family is funny!
Thanks! They're definitely a unique group, alright, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy442 View Post
Great pictures of AOA. I love when there is nobody in my pictures even if it's raining. I go there just for the chips, and build your own burger they are so good.
I usually like when it's raining because there are barely any crowds and it's great for photo opportunities! Next time I'm there, I'll remember to try the build your own burger.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: