Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2013, 05:14 PM   #1
tink15823
DIS Veteran

13 people in December 2014

Hi we have 13 going December 12 -20,2014 . Best budget friendly way to stay on property ? We have always gone in September so having sticker shock. Dh and I will be paying for 7 our 5 and my DM and DD 50th anniversary present. I wanted Aoa suites but not thinking that's going to happen . Has anyone booked 5 rooms at Pop and did you get to stay close together ? The other family member want to be close .

ASMU 1996 ASMO 2005 2008 2010 Art of Animation 2012
tink15823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:52 PM   #2
lwake
Mouseketeer

Oh boys! I bet that you are having sticker shock since free dining is generally in September, too. I haven't booked for that many people, but here are my thoughts. It is possible that Disney may have free dining for the first few days of your stay. That would certainly help. Are you using a travel agent/AAA where you can make monthly payments on this vacation? You should be able to get adjoining rooms at the value resorts if you let them know how many are in your party and what you need. Not sure why you would need five rooms- AoA should be able to accommodate you, too. Are you doing the dining plan? You can always take breakfast food with you and eat in the room. Another option is to rent vacation club points and stay there. Points can be rented off ebay or if you Google Disney timeshare rentals you can see what is available. That might be the cheaper way to go unless you change your dates. If you want holidays, then I'd go right after Thanksgiving when the park attendance is low and the value prices are available. Good luck.
lwake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:04 PM   #3
minnierocks
DIS Veteran

Make sure that the reservations are linked and they will do their very best to put you together. We had five rooms at POR the week before Easter and they were right next to each other.
Spring Break Trip 2011
Thanksgiving 2008
Thanksgiving 2007
*October 2006...Keys to the Kingdom
Keys to the Kingdom TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7&page=1&pp=15

*Thanksgiving 2005
*February 2004
minnierocks is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: