Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2013, 12:36 PM   #1
cy1235
Earning My Ears

Coronado Springs parking lot view

What is the scenery when your room faces the parking lot. I mean is it like a highway motel where all you is the parking lot or is there some trees and stuff blocking the view somewhat. I havent been able to find a picture from one of these rooms.

I am just worried that having this view inhibits the escape feel that saying in a resort should have. If it is bad I will just upgrade to a water view room.
cy1235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:48 PM   #2
Haley/Hayden Mom
Mouseketeer

We had a parking lot view last August and there were shrubs and trees that blocked but its bc we were on the bottom floor. Upper floors, I'm sure had full parking lot views.
DH (46) Me (38) parents of a Fiddle Girl (13) and Princess Peanut (9) May 30-June 6, 2009 1st trip ASMusic June 4-June 11,2010 CBR Surprise we going to Disney!!!!! (Shhhh don't tell the kids) Heigh Ho Heigh Ho off to ASSports we go w/ free dining too. June 5-10, 2011 May 26-June 2, 2012 ASMu and Star Wars Weekend, Here we come!!!!
Aug 15-19, 2012 Because 1 trip wasn't enough this year. Ready to tackle the ruins at CSR May 18-25, 2013 time to party at POP August 7-11,2013 jumped in and bought APs. SSR here we come. Nov 7-10, 2013 Jingle Jungle 5K and MVMCP time at POFQ May 24-June 1, 2014 CSR here we come for our princesses bday
Haley/Hayden Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2013, 01:43 PM   #3
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by cy1235 View Post
What is the scenery when your room faces the parking lot. I mean is it like a highway motel where all you is the parking lot or is there some trees and stuff blocking the view somewhat. I havent been able to find a picture from one of these rooms.

I am just worried that having this view inhibits the escape feel that saying in a resort should have. If it is bad I will just upgrade to a water view room.
How much are you in your room? It isn't really like a highway motel..the areas are landscaped nicely. I rarely open my blinds when I am in a mod resort anyway..now, when I am in a deluxe with a balcony..I don't like looking at a parking lot unless I am doing a quick trip..I rarely use my balcony then
DisneyDmbNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:46 PM   #4
nowellsl
my car finds out everytime I have money

We got a standard room (is that the same?) and we faced a nice courtyard with a fountain. Also got a great building near the buses/food court.
nowellsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:50 PM   #5
dminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowellsl View Post
We got a standard room (is that the same?) and we faced a nice courtyard with a fountain. Also got a great building near the buses/food court.
I'm pretty sure that means you got an upgrade. Maybe it was a garden view they upgraded you to. Standard can definitely be a parking lot view...or you can get lucky and get a great view. We had standard at CSR and had a nice view of a courtyard with a fountain and a little bit of the lake. We could even see the fireworks from outside our room! Even with the great view we got, no one told us we had been upgraded...we just found out when we got to the room and saw the great view.

If we had gotten the parking lot, wouldn't have bothered us at all. With people walking right by the room, we keep the curtains shut most of the time anyways. We only really see the view when we stepped outside to leave or something. Also...parking lot view means you're closer to the bus
dminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:06 PM   #6
disneyobessed
DIS Veteran

we had a parking lot view at POR and it was fine. It was actually nice and quiet.

MeDHDSDS
DD Mia
disneyobessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:09 PM   #7
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cy1235 View Post

I've never stayed in a Disney resort and not have an "escape feel". Plus - the only view you will have is from your window - Coronado Springs doesn't have balconies so unless you want to stand at your window and gaze out, it's not that much of an issue.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:37 PM   #8
vicb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haley/Hayden Mom View Post
We had a parking lot view last August and there were shrubs and trees that blocked but its bc we were on the bottom floor. Upper floors, I'm sure had full parking lot views.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowellsl View Post

Ditto for me, we had two connection standard rooms bottom floor casitas #4 (I think) and it faced parking lot but the lot was through a small courtyard that was nicely landscaped so we felt buffered from the lot. No cars could park right by our room. It was a quick walk to the bus stop which we were glad of. I guess if you were higher you would see more of the parking lot than we did.
vicb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:26 PM   #9
SunnyP4Disney
Mouseketeer

We just got back from a 6 day stay in the Cabanas 8B room 5828, which was a corner room facing the parking lot. we had shrubs and part of the building camouflaged everything so it wasn't bad. I liked our proximity to the main pool and there was a bus stop right there. And we had our car so it was nice to park right out font near our room. It made for easy unloading and loading.
Self appointed resort guru! Since I was a wee thing I've stayed at Contemporary Resort (including Presidential suite), Polynesian, Wilderness Lodge (opening weekend), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Yacht Club, Beach Club, Coronado, POR (honeymoon), POFQ, Carribbean Beach, Pop, AOA Cars Suites (Cast Preview), ASR, Fort Wilderness Cabins, Disney Inn (now Shades of Green), Grand Floridian, Treehouse Villas, Fairway Villas (RIP) and Boardwalk, Disneyland Hotel, Davy Crockett Ranch (Paris), Hotel Santa Fe (Paris), & Sequoia Lodge (Paris)! Now, I make the magic for others!
SunnyP4Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:39 PM   #10
WantToGoNow
DIS Veteran

We had a corner parking lot view in cabanas 9 at CSR on the 2nd floor. Our view was the parking lot which was mainly empty, some trees and if you walked out and looked to your left the bus stop. When we first got there, I thought it was the worst room on property but shortly discovered we loved it. It was quiet, a quick walk across the parking lot to the bus, and out the door and down a flight of stairs to the quiet pool and walkway to the main building and pool. I would ask for that location again.
WantToGoNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:22 PM   #11
jperrot1
DIS Veteran

Technically the room category is called standard room. The standard room category will get you a parking lot view or a courtyard view. Casita Building 4 has a pool, laundry, fitness center and spa, and very close to one of the bus stops. Casita Building 5 is the next building over, and from my memory, all those standard rooms will be courtyard view. These rooms are super close to one of the bus stops where you just walk across the courtyard out your building and you're pretty much at the bus stop. But, this location is a bit of a walk to the food. It's a pretty walk along the lake, but still it's a walk.

Now there is a website with great CSR information: **************************************

This site prompts some pop up ads, but the pop up ads can be closed easily.
jperrot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:34 PM   #12
vicb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jperrot1 View Post
Technically the room category is called standard room. The standard room category will get you a parking lot view or a courtyard view. Casita Building 4 has a pool, laundry, fitness center and spa, and very close to one of the bus stops. Casita Building 5 is the next building over, and from my memory, all those standard rooms will be courtyard view. These rooms are super close to one of the bus stops where you just walk across the courtyard out your building and you're pretty much at the bus stop. But, this location is a bit of a walk to the food. It's a pretty walk along the lake, but still it's a walk.

Yes, this is true. I remember several times when we came back to the resort we would get off the bus at the front stop so we could grab a drink or snack and walk back to our room. Conversely we would walk to the Pepper Market and eat then grab a bus. So we did try to combine trips to the main bldg with our coming and going. It is a bit of a hike to the pool as well. Lots of walking everywhere at Disney!
vicb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:52 PM   #13
HopperFan
"It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess. One of those "circle of life" kind of things."

Last three times we had standard rooms. 2 Ranchos faced garden view. 1 Cabanas we faced tree lined walkway even though parking was to our right about 4 rooms. So I'm 3 for 3 with standard facing nice areas in close proximity to bus stops and the main pool.
2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 for "COMPLIMENTARY" Dining

Making Magical Visits since 1971 ~ now visiting 5-6 weeks per year ON PROPERTY STAYS & Our Star Rating:
Animal Kingdom Lodge 2x ~ Wilderness Lodge
Coronado Springs 8x (1xBusClass) ~ PO Riverside 5x (1xRoyal) ~ Bonnett Creek ~ PO French Quarter
POP Century 15x ~ Hilton DTD 2x ~ Doubletree Suites DTD 3x ~ B Resort
All Star Movie ~ Wilderness Cabins ~ All Star Sports 3x
Caribbean Beach 2x (1xPirate) ~ All Star Music 2x
Lots of offsite, but somehow it never seems right, 'though Rosen Shingle Creek was luxury I could get used to !
HopperFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:13 AM   #14
bennifer
Mouseketeer

I've stayed at CSR numerous times with the parking lot view, and never even considered changing rooms. There's no balcony, so you won't be sitting out on it. And how much of your time in your room will be spent gazing out the window? For me, none, but there are a lot of trees, shrubs, etc, and we've never been bothered by noise.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: