Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2013, 01:36 PM   #16
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

The Gartner Symposium is always in the first two weeks of October and sucks up a large amount of hotel rooms in the Epcot area. I believe it's the largest conference annually at WDW and they block off a lot of standard rooms at all of the Epcot area resorts for this.

Although the dates for this conference have not been released, it's historically during this time frame so I would guess WDW is holding back rooms for this.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:44 PM   #17
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amg35 View Post
Well that stinks!

I don't know if I should just book the next level up and then switch when the standard views are released?

Or just wait to book anything? Dates are 10/1/2014 to 10/10/2014.

What do you guys think? I don't go that often and haven't had to book anything since 2000! I don't know when to think everything really does fill up that fast or just figure that the rooms will be available eventually?
I would wait a little while and keep checking back. You are still 14 months out. I'd wait until around October of this year. If needed book the next group up and switch if/when possible. Have you tried other resorts? I would be surprised if they were not in the system already if the higher category rooms are there. I would definitely call before relying on the web site information. Good luck.

Just an FYI, I called earlier this week to change an August reservation. The web site (I had it up on screen) said the room was available. I spoke with the CM and was told her screen said nothing was available and that she would try to find one that was available. I explained I was on line and that it shows available. She found a room almost immediately. Go figure. Not sure if it was a computer issue or if she just wanted me to feel that she did something special. Either way, I found calling to be easier.

mm1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2013, 01:47 PM   #18
amg35
DIS Veteran

Hmmmm, will this then make the parks very crowded? Or even more, the pool? Just wondering if the convention will have to change my plan of attack. I don't care about being in the same hotel, but I don't want to fight for pool time ! :D
amg35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:56 PM   #19
rpcvpanama
Mouseketeer

The first weekend in October is also the Tower of Terror 10 Miler. Yacht/Beach are host hotels. While not generally one of the larger races, that with the F&W probably caused some of the shortages.
rpcvpanama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:21 PM   #20
Micca
You gotta love a great plan like that
Will be spending some time with George Harrison
I have known whack-a-doodles in my day

WDW resort avails seem to be one of the mysteries of life, right up there with airline pricing. If you're locked in to those dates, I'd book something. If it's a matter of another $100 or so it's a drop in the bucket anyway. At least you'll have a (nice) room locked in. If you can change it great, if not, you have over a year to plus-up your budget.
Micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:26 PM   #21
amg35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micca View Post
WDW resort avails seem to be one of the mysteries of life, right up there with airline pricing. If you're locked in to those dates, I'd book something. If it's a matter of another $100 or so it's a drop in the bucket anyway. At least you'll have a (nice) room locked in. If you can change it great, if not, you have over a year to plus-up your budget.
That's exactly what we are going to do!

thanks everyone!
amg35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:57 PM   #22
itsMichelle
Earning My Ears

I don't know if it makes a difference, but when trying to plot out prices for both Y/BC for 4/30-5/5 all standard rooms are unavailable too.

Makes me sad as it's enough of a stretch to afford a standard room there for me I cannot really afford to pay for Garden/Pool View

Dec 1997 - Poly (First trip!) April 2005 - BWI Feb 2007 - BC June/July 2012 -Dolphin!
Next Trip: 2014
itsMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: