Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2013, 09:39 AM   #1
amg35
DIS Veteran

Exclamation Guys, what the heck?? I'm VERY confused, help!!

I'm trying to book 1 room for 10/1-10/10/14 for the Beach Club, but already the standard views/standard rooms are unavailabe? Same with Yacht Club, only showing the more expensive rooms as available.

It can't be sold out already for October 2014 can it???
amg35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:56 AM   #2
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate

I'd call.
HM is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2013, 09:57 AM   #3
iwasdaisy
Mouseketeer

I had the same problem but for February. I even tried different weeks and each time no standard rooms!???

Summer 2000 College Program
Summer 2007 BW with DH
Beach Club June 2010
WL February 2014
iwasdaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:04 AM   #4
mrocco90
Mouseketeer

I also had the same problem for September. I tried every week for Yacht and beach club and contemporary. I called and the woman also was shocked. She asked her supervisor and said that they may not have been released yet.
mrocco90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:30 AM   #5
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrocco90 View Post
I also had the same problem for September. I tried every week for Yacht and beach club and contemporary. I called and the woman also was shocked. She asked her supervisor and said that they may not have been released yet.
I could get last week september at contemporary for every room type
Old 07-11-2013, 10:38 AM   #6
mum2four
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amg35 View Post
I'm trying to book 1 room for 10/1-10/10/14 for the Beach Club, but already the standard views/standard rooms are unavailabe? Same with Yacht Club, only showing the more expensive rooms as available.

There have been a number of different posts about people having these issues with various weeks during 2014. I was looking at prices for OKW for mid-May 2014 and it showed everything unavailable. Now, I don't believe for a minute that those are all sold out already.

I'm guessing some haven't been released yet. Why it's so sporadic I have no idea!
Old 07-11-2013, 10:42 AM   #7
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amg35 View Post

Actually if they have a big convention booked they may have the rooms "held" until the convention group hold is released. October is prime convention time in Orlando.
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:53 AM   #8
amg35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
Actually if they have a big convention booked they may have the rooms "held" until the convention group hold is released. October is prime convention time in Orlando.
Well that stinks!

I don't know if I should just book the next level up and then switch when the standard views are released?

Or just wait to book anything? Dates are 10/1/2014 to 10/10/2014.

What do you guys think? I don't go that often and haven't had to book anything since 2000! I don't know when to think everything really does fill up that fast or just figure that the rooms will be available eventually?
Old 07-11-2013, 12:22 PM   #9
jw50
I might make it sound more embarrasing that it really was
By definition all of the maelstrom women are hotties

I can book Garden View, Lagoon or Pool View, and any of the CL views at the Beach Club for those dates through the Disney Travel agent site.

If the website isn't showing availability for you then I would recommend you call.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:32 PM   #10
amg35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw50 View Post
I can book Garden View, Lagoon or Pool View, and any of the CL views at the Beach Club for those dates through the Disney Travel agent site.

If the website isn't showing availability for you then I would recommend you call.
That's what I said, only the standard views/standard rooms are coming up unavailable.

I can pay for a garden view, but I'd rather not!
Old 07-11-2013, 01:11 PM   #11
jw50
I might make it sound more embarrasing that it really was
By definition all of the maelstrom women are hotties

Standard view rooms are available for certain days during the time you are planning to be there (availability on Oct 1, 2, and 3), just not available for your inclusive dates. Looks like the price difference between Standard View and Garden View is $11.24 a day. Same for the Yacht Club.

I have no idea how many Standard View rooms there are at these resorts but if they are booked this early then I would not think the numbers are very large.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:12 PM   #12
Ofinn
DIS Veteran

Yacht and Beach club is a convention hotel. It's not uncommon for SV rooms to not be available on certain weeks. If they are available then a lot of the time they are not discounted. I think a discounted SV at BC or YC is one of the hardest reservations to get. You have time it right to miss any conventions. There is a huge IT convention every October. The Epcot resorts will completely sell out. I think this year it's OCT 5. It may be the same time next year and they are blocking rooms.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:17 PM   #13
amg35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ofinn View Post
Yacht and Beach club is a convention hotel. It's not uncommon for SV rooms to not be available on certain weeks. If they are available then a lot of the time they are not discounted. I think a discounted SV at BC or YC is one of the hardest reservations to get. You have time it right to miss any conventions. There is a huge IT convention every October. The Epcot resorts will completely sell out. I think this year it's OCT 5. It may be the same time next year and they are blocking rooms.
This is a little disappointing.

Well, $11.24 isn't too bad I guess.

Thanks all!
Old 07-11-2013, 01:48 PM   #14
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

This timeframe also encompasses Epcot's Food & Wine Festival -- so, a double-whammy with conventions and all that Epcot goodness.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:10 PM   #15
amg35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
This timeframe also encompasses Epcot's Food & Wine Festival -- so, a double-whammy with conventions and all that Epcot goodness.
I know, that's why we are going then!

But the reason I'm finding it strange is because when I was pricing Oct 2013 dates earlier in the year, (just for comparison) all room levels were available. That was this year!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: