Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2013, 03:47 PM   #1
joyfulDisneytears
DIS Veteran

Tune-In Lounge?

How likely is it we can walk right up and get seats at the bar at 50s Prime Time? This will be at lunchtime on a Tuesday in October. I really want to try a PB&J milkshake!

Park-Hopping Halloweentime Honeymoon - Our Disneymoon PTR - Updated 9/30/13 x4

joyfulDisneytears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:48 PM   #2
MakiraMarlena
It's a big black fish to you

You can get that milkshake to go if you can't find open stools.

Don't know how long you are willing to wait, but you can usually snag a stool if you wait around a bit while people are called to report to the restaurant.
MakiraMarlena is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2013, 06:58 PM   #3
ZoZo
DIS Veteran

Last time I was there, I noticed how little seating there is at the lounge. And lots of time the seating is taken up by people waiting for a table in the restaurant; they're not even eating or drinking anything, just sitting. We were lucky enough to get some seating at some "couches" with a table in between when someone was leaving, but I otherwise we would have been standing.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:21 PM   #4
GaSleepingBeautyFan
DIS Veteran

In May I hung around for awhile hoping for a seat while I was having my drink. Nope - never happened. This was at 2pm in the afternoon.

I even had a hard time getting the bartenders attention just to get the drink. That annoyed me to no end.

I'd planned on having a couple but just had the one and left when I couldn't find a seat.

On our June trip, I took my husband in there thinking we could have a quick drink since the teens didn't go to the park with us that evening and the place was a zoo. We walked out. This was in the evening - around 8pm I think?

I think the secret is out about the nice Tune In Lounge and now it's not quite so nice anymore.

Connie

WDW: 16 family trips, 8 solo trips - resorts stayed at: offisite(6) AoA, AKL(2), BWI, CR, WL (2), CBR, CSR, POFQ (3), POP (2), POR (5) ASMo, ASMu
DISNEYLAND: 1 family trip, 2 1 day trips chaperoning
US/IOA: 5 family trips
GaSleepingBeautyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:43 PM   #5
BuddyThomas
Mouseketeer

I don't see why people are allowed to hog a bar stool if they are not ordering a drink. In any other establishment outside the World, they would be asked to remove themselves and allow a paying customer to have a seat.

The couches I understand. It's sort of a waiting room after all. But let paying customers have the bar. I'm sure the bartenders can't stand guests just waiting for tables and not ordering, occupying this precious real estate. It's pretty selfish, actually.
BuddyThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:20 PM   #6
brertoad
DIS Veteran

It's really annoying in there when it's crowded. But, if you get the bartender's attention, you can order a milkshake to go.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:57 PM   #7
joyfulDisneytears
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the feedback all. Maybe will stop in and ask for a to go cup then, and go grab a sandwich elsewhere.

My original plan was to just get chocolate shakes at Min & Bill's so I will default back to that if it's mobbed at the bar.

I have a looong list of snacks I want to try, and the PBJ shake is only one of many!

Park-Hopping Halloweentime Honeymoon - Our Disneymoon PTR - Updated 9/30/13 x4

joyfulDisneytears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:20 PM   #8
GAN
DIS Veteran

Location: Between the Port of Indecision and Southwest of Disorder

It's hit or miss depending on the time of year -but your best bet will be after the lunch rush.
GAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:22 PM   #9
cdtommie
Beerman, DVC BWV/BCV/VWL/BLT, no steak, slushies or nuggets for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyThomas View Post
I don't see why people are allowed to hog a bar stool if they are not ordering a drink. In any other establishment outside the World, they would be asked to remove themselves and allow a paying customer to have a seat.

The couches I understand. It's sort of a waiting room after all. But let paying customers have the bar. I'm sure the bartenders can't stand guests just waiting for tables and not ordering, occupying this precious real estate. It's pretty selfish, actually.
And even worse, many times it's a bunch of kids occupying the seats lapping at their ice cream cones...can't the bar be for adults who want to order a drink...this place drives me crazy.
cdtommie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: