DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2013, 06:07 PM   #1
NoleFan
DIS Veteran

Next BCV Resale

Haven't seen any BCV resales come up in about a week.....how much do you think the next contract will list for? I am guessing over $92 or $88 if stripped? Just my guesses. Not in the market to buy now (thank goodness)
NoleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:54 PM   #2
MickeyFan612
Mouseketeer

If it's at Fidelity there's no telling as their pricing is all over the place!
MickeyFan612 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2013, 07:56 AM   #3
clutter
Princess's Mom
The TF is sorry that you were overlooked, we've been really busy lately! :)

I have 130 BCV points that I'm on the fence about selling, and I've noticed that as well. Definitely making me lean more one way. I don't HAVE to sell, but my dd is an older teen now, so I'm torn between renting for a few years or recouping my costs (and then some! I'm thinking I could list at $92. I can always withdraw. It's a loaded August UY.) I'm keeping my tiny AKV contract, though.
clutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:03 AM   #4
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutter View Post
I have 130 BCV points that I'm on the fence about selling, and I've noticed that as well. Definitely making me lean more one way. I don't HAVE to sell, but my dd is an older teen now, so I'm torn between renting for a few years or recouping my costs (and then some! I'm thinking I could list at $92. I can always withdraw. It's a loaded August UY.) I'm keeping my tiny AKV contract, though.
Be aware of the fact that if you list it and receive a full priced offer then you technically owe the broker the commission. I would recommend fully making up your mind before deciding to list. It's more fair that way, to the broker, to the buyer and to yourself. Nobody likes having someone back out of a deal.

One tip, you can rent out the points and sell the contract stripped. By doing this you will receive a larger net number on the sale. Good luck!
Old 07-22-2013, 12:28 PM   #5
clutter
Princess's Mom
The TF is sorry that you were overlooked, we've been really busy lately! :)

So if I rent my points to strip the contract, the rental transfers with the sale? What if the renter cancels?
clutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:49 PM   #6
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So if I rent my points to strip the contract, the rental transfers with the sale? What if the renter cancels?
If you made a reservation for a renter, then sold the contract before the reservation took place, the renter's reservation would be cancelled when the contract changed hands.

You can list a contract with a restriction that you cannot close before a particular date if you have a pending reservation on the contract.
Old 07-22-2013, 01:29 PM   #7
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Finding someone who wants a point transfer is usually a better way to strip a contract before selling it. That way, there are no pending reservations to hold up the closing.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: