Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2013, 07:09 AM   #1
minnie4me
DIS Veteran

booking onsite hotels thru Hotels.com

We have tix already, so just need room (& transportation to/from airport), is this a good option for Disney resorts?
Got a great summer rate at a gulf hotel this summer through them. Waiting for discounts to come out for Nov, room only, but I feel if I wait much longer, this vacation idea will be a bust
Old 07-10-2013, 09:36 AM   #2
minnie4me
DIS Veteran

bump !!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2013, 09:38 AM   #3
ocalla
DIS Veteran

I use Hotels.com for most all of my travel, but have not tried them for Disney. They only problem i can see would be getting your actual Disney confirmation number for DME? Unless you are driving and don't need the DME services?
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie

ocalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:45 AM   #4
Andrea817
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie4me View Post
We have tix already, so just need room (& transportation to/from airport), is this a good option for Disney resorts?
Got a great summer rate at a gulf hotel this summer through them. Waiting for discounts to come out for Nov, room only, but I feel if I wait much longer, this vacation idea will be a bust
I have never used hotels.com but I have used Expedia in the past (for off-site) and have gotten some great deals myself. I checked it for our on-site trips and have generally found that whatever deal they have is consistent with the current WDW "room only" deals. In fact, the fees they tack on generally made it a few bucks more in the end, and it's pay at booking as opposed to down-payment only. I found it to not be worthwhile for us, as there really was no savings and it's just so much easier booking direct than with an outside company. I know it's a pain waiting for the deals to come out but I would suggest looking at past deals for comparison, booking, and adjusting the rate as the deal becomes available. If it means you can stay at a different resort because the price is right you can always call WDW and switch
Andrea817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:26 PM   #5
purple figment
DIS Veteran

I saw your other post about going Nov 7 - 13 and agree that other than Thanksgiving you've picked the busiest days in November so rooms are booking up quickly.

If you're sure you're going I would go ahead and book a room rather than wait for discounts/offers to come out. I've never booked through Hotels.com so I'm not familiar with their policies, but if you book a room through Disney and a special comes out later you can call and have the special applied to your reservation as long as there is availability and your room is included in the special.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:30 PM   #6
minnie4me
DIS Veteran

just booked airfare today, so vacation is a go. Have to go this week based on school and airline. We can fly via Spirit, from an airport that is 5 minutes from the house. This way my son is only missing 3 days of school. I think I have decided on POR, just a basic, pool view room. We've been to WDW enough that this is a more laid back vacation. DS really loves Epcot, so we will deal with the crowds. We usually go in June, so at least we won't have the awful heat to deal with. Does anyone know if the park times are listed somewhere for November. We are pretty set on MK & Epcot, but knowing times might help pick which days to go. Between Disneyquest, minigolf, downtown Dsiney and the pool, I think we have plenty to fill our days with.
Thanks for all the input !! And, I am going to book with Disney direct. Price was actually a bit cheaper then Hotels.com without a discount, so if I get one, added bonus !!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: