Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 03:17 PM   #106
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyjade View Post

Actually, I went online when I first found out about this and under "Amenities", the fridge is NOT listed. Or at least not at ASMo where I checked....I didn't look up the other resorts.

My guess is they removed them from the room descriptions before making the announcement.
Yup. They changed it

Clever
Old 07-10-2013, 03:18 PM   #107
OurBigTrip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patience View Post
It's an amenity, not a convenience. Amenities are what attract people to different resorts. It's very poor form to remove an amenity without notice and not compensate guests for the loss of that amenity in some way. I am not suggesting free stays or anything like that but how about free mugs as someone mentioned previously or $10 off the room rate (which was in fact the amount Disney used to charge per day to rent refrigerators)?
An "amenity" that exists in every resort on property isn't likely to draw people to a particular resort. If only some rooms had them, then yes, I can see where that would be a draw.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2013, 03:18 PM   #108
HubbDave

I am thinking they are saying 4 months as a CYA thing
Old 07-10-2013, 03:19 PM   #109
Bethislucy
DIS Veteran

They should send out written notification minimum of 2 weeks prior to arrival time if you aren't going to have one so guest can make other arrangements.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:19 PM   #110
roomthreeseventeen
Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeCantWait View Post
Well I have to keep my reservation as is since it is paid in full at this time. At least I think it's paid in full, I have been trying to pay for 3 days now, thanks to Disneys subpar website, it has been quite an issue. I can understand that things happen and Disney is fixing it because they have to. Thankfully, I surf the Disboards daily so I will be prepared. I would be VERY upset if I arrived at AKL with my water, yogurt and juice and had no refrigerator. Why is it so difficult for them to notify arriving guests beforehand? Hopefully their refrigerator problem does not last as long as their website problem has lasted.
I'm pretty sure they notified everyone as quickly as they could.
AKL (marathon weekend) and ... AKL (Wine and Dine)
2013 Fort Wilderness 2014 Dopey Challenge AKL
2015 Dopey Challenge at POR!

Old 07-10-2013, 03:20 PM   #111
OurBigTrip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeCantWait View Post
Well I have to keep my reservation as is since it is paid in full at this time. At least I think it's paid in full, I have been trying to pay for 3 days now, thanks to Disneys subpar website, it has been quite an issue. I can understand that things happen and Disney is fixing it because they have to. Thankfully, I surf the Disboards daily so I will be prepared. I would be VERY upset if I arrived at AKL with my water, yogurt and juice and had no refrigerator. Why is it so difficult for them to notify arriving guests beforehand? Hopefully their refrigerator problem does not last as long as their website problem has lasted.
I agree with you 100% that all guests that have rooms booked should be notified by Disney in advance.

I also agree that the website is awful.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:20 PM   #112
capegirl
DIS Veteran

I just called CSR to confirm the fridge situation; we will have a child with us who needs refrigeration for meds. The CM at the resort transferred me to central reservations. This CM had to put me on hold for some time while she spoke with someone at CSR. I was told that CSR would 'guarantee' that the fridge would be in our room, and it was noted as a medical priority. Big relief to say the least!!
Old 07-10-2013, 03:22 PM   #113
mom2AidanAndEli
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by roomthreeseventeen View Post
I'm pretty sure they notified everyone as quickly as they could.
I haven't been notified, other than reading it here. And I booked directly with Disney, so they certainly have my info!

POP-2007, ASMo-2010, ASSp-2011, POFQ-2013, POFQ-2014, POFQ-August 2015!!!!
Old 07-10-2013, 03:22 PM   #114
HubbDave

Garden Grocer has styro coolers for $8
Old 07-10-2013, 03:25 PM   #115
Patience
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurBigTrip View Post
An "amenity" that exists in every resort on property isn't likely to draw people to a particular resort. If only some rooms had them, then yes, I can see where that would be a draw.
Guests do not have to stay on property. Until today, apparently, refrigerators were listed as an amenity of staying onsite in a WDW hotel.

I hate the idea of using a cooler for a week. Or, worse yet, a trashcan filled with ice. How magical!
Old 07-10-2013, 03:28 PM   #116
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

My wife is going to hate not being able to make a cuppa with milk from the fridge whenever she wants, we are British after all!

I hope they will cater for this situation by offering milk for tea/coffee via the food courts (not just that creamer stuff). Same goes for milk for cereals for breakfast - to be honest, I've always thought they should provide that anyway rather than asking guests to buy a whole carton of milk to put on their cornflakes.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 07-10-2013, 03:34 PM   #117
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patience View Post
I hate the idea of using a cooler for a week. Or, worse yet, a trashcan filled with ice. How magical!
Ok, that is truly disgusting. We don't know what people have put in those trash cans.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:36 PM   #118
disney_girl125
Mouseketeer

I'm staying at pop century in about 3 and a half weeks. I called disney twice and got the same answer. They said they will only be exchanging out the affected refrigerators in unoccupied guest rooms. So, we still will have refrigerators. They said once a room is unoccupied they will switch it out before giving the room to another guest. I sure hope that's true. If it's not i'll be a bit annoyed that disney didn't let me know ahead of time. I expect the room to have what it includes and everything to be functioning. I buy milk for cereal in the room for breakfast. I also like my bottled water cold in the heat of summer!
Old 07-10-2013, 03:37 PM   #119
Patience
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
Ok, that is truly disgusting. We don't know what people have put in those trash cans.
I know it. But that has been suggested here. I won't use ice buckets either. I have heard of people using them to catch vomit when someone in the room is sick. Shudder!
Old 07-10-2013, 03:39 PM   #120
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quite the coincidence that on the same day they released their annual room rate fleecing of guests, I mean rate increase (some of them outrageous), they also announce that an amenity will be briefly unavailable.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: