Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 01:51 PM   #91
OurBigTrip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeywho? View Post
It's not FREE. They are a included in the cost for the room - as is the tv and dvd player, the number of beds etc etc. If they have to remove part of what you have paid for they need to offer an alternative for their PAYING guests!

Not impressed!! These fridge/cupboard designs have been a problem for years.
My point is that for years and years, there were not fridges in the rooms at Disney, unless you paid for it. Once they started including fridges, was there a $10/night bump in the room prices immediately to cover those costs? I doubt it.

I must be a miracle worker, because my family somehow managed to survive for years in Disney resorts with no refrigerators.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:52 PM   #92
Best Aunt
"That's the best-est present ever!"

I second that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbDave View Post
Return of the Fridge Swap!!!
That's what I was going to say!

I'm pretty sure there used to be Fridge Swaps on here all the time. But when nobody else mentioned it, I thought maybe I was wrong.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2013, 01:58 PM   #93
mom2AidanAndEli
DIS Veteran

I guess I don't understand why so many people are quick to say, "oh, well, no big deal. Guess we'll have to pack a cooler and get ice every day. No biggie." AND they're putting down people who are upset by the lack of a refrigerator!

I'm sorry, but I find this totally unacceptable on Disney's part! I paid a lot of money for a room with a fridge. They were happy to take my money for it and now they're not giving me what I paid for. That's WRONG!!!! On top of that, they're not even letting people know until they're already checked in? What kind of customer service is that??? This is just beyond ridiculous. Would you accept this kind of treatment from anyone other than Disney?

So the fridge isn't a big deal? I also paid for a room with a TV, running water, two beds, pillows, towels, toiletries, chairs, places to hang my clothes, sinks, etc. Would you be just as happy if they took any of that away. Ooops, our pillows might be a hazard to little ones. Sorry, you can't have them. But we're sure you'll figure out a way to make do. Roll up your dirty clothes and sleep on them! I know you wanted running water in your room, but we're having issues with the plumbing. There's a nice well and pump right across the courtyard with buckets provided for your convenience.

I'm sorry but I actually expect what I pay for. If they can leave the fridges in the rooms that are occupied, why can't they leave them until the exact day they're switching in the new ones? Why can't they notify everyone ahead of time? Why can't they make some offer to make up for the inconvenience? Anything????/

Okay, done venting now.... Just hoping I have a fridge at the end of August!

POP-2007, ASMo-2010, ASSp-2011, POFQ-2013, POFQ-August 2014!!!!
Old 07-10-2013, 02:03 PM   #94
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

BC front desk confirmed switching of fridges. Might take several months. First come first serve on required ones, etc

And when I booked my room, it was understood there would be fridges

The $10 thing hold no water. That was then, this is now. The rooms have certainly gone up in pride many many times since fridges became standard. They have been paid for long ago
Old 07-10-2013, 02:04 PM   #95
roomthreeseventeen
Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2AidanAndEli View Post
I guess I don't understand why so many people are quick to say, "oh, well, no big deal. Guess we'll have to pack a cooler and get ice every day. No biggie." AND they're putting down people who are upset by the lack of a refrigerator!

I'm sorry, but I find this totally unacceptable on Disney's part! I paid a lot of money for a room with a fridge. They were happy to take my money for it and now they're not giving me what I paid for. That's WRONG!!!! On top of that, they're not even letting people know until they're already checked in? What kind of customer service is that??? This is just beyond ridiculous. Would you accept this kind of treatment from anyone other than Disney?

So the fridge isn't a big deal? I also paid for a room with a TV, running water, two beds, pillows, towels, toiletries, chairs, places to hang my clothes, sinks, etc. Would you be just as happy if they took any of that away. Ooops, our pillows might be a hazard to little ones. Sorry, you can't have them. But we're sure you'll figure out a way to make do. Roll up your dirty clothes and sleep on them! I know you wanted running water in your room, but we're having issues with the plumbing. There's a nice well and pump right across the courtyard with buckets provided for your convenience.

I'm sorry but I actually expect what I pay for. If they can leave the fridges in the rooms that are occupied, why can't they leave them until the exact day they're switching in the new ones? Why can't they notify everyone ahead of time? Why can't they make some offer to make up for the inconvenience? Anything????/

First of all, it's NOT a big deal. It's a temporary thing that Disney is fixing because they have to. Second of all, if you aren't going until late August, you can move off-property if you don't like it. Nobody is saying you have to keep your reservation as is.
AKL (marathon weekend) and ... AKL (Wine and Dine)
2013 Fort Wilderness 2014 Dopey Challenge AKL
2015 Dopey Challenge at the Beach Club!

Old 07-10-2013, 02:05 PM   #96
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Aunt View Post
That's what I was going to say!

I'm pretty sure there used to be Fridge Swaps on here all the time. But when nobody else mentioned it, I thought maybe I was wrong.
They went away when fridges were added to the values. There was no need for it anymore.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:06 PM   #97
Patience
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle1528 View Post
My husbands solution is to bring our own mini fridge since we will be driving anyway. I think he's crazy. Would they even allow that?
We drove to WDW in October, 2011 and brought our own mini refrigerator. We stayed at Pop Century.

And I think they need to compensate guests in some way for their inconvenience in not having a refrigerator. The room descriptions include a refrigerator and it is poor customer service to take them away and offer nothing to make up for the absence of an advertised amenity.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:06 PM   #98
mickeywho?
I think when they became trendy people just assumed the spellings
Gotta love those mounties!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurBigTrip View Post
I must be a miracle worker, because my family somehow managed to survive for years in Disney resorts with no refrigerators.
I'm sure we can all "manage to survive" without our fridge. But I can also manage to survive at home. I've paid to enjoy a stay at a resort and it was part of the package. Disney has messed up with this one and needs to rally and get it solved.
March 2014 - Vero Beach Christmas & New Years 2013 - 2014 August 2013 - POFQ & Beach Club for summer heat! March 2013 - Dream Cruise and Vero Beach with our best buds!March 2012 - Vero Beach Christmas 2011 New Year's 2012 - VWL Mar 2011 - 1st time at Vero!Oct 2010 - SSR F&W with the inlaws!May 2010 - Poly & SWW with my big guy!! Christmas and New Years 2009-2010 - HHI Nov 2009 - Just me and my little guy at BWV Jan 2009 - Cruised the Wonder, BCV with best friends! Mar 2008 - "No Kiddies" trip to BWV Feb 2008 - SSR & BWV Aug 2007 - Poly (concierge!) Feb 2007- OKW GV with my family Feb 2006 - POR & WL - first trip with the 4 of us! May 1999 - CSR - first trip with the 3 of us!

(DH) (Me!) (DS16) (DS12) English cocker puppy!
Old 07-10-2013, 02:08 PM   #99
mom2AidanAndEli
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by roomthreeseventeen View Post
First of all, it's NOT a big deal. It's a temporary thing that Disney is fixing because they have to. Second of all, if you aren't going until late August, you can move off-property if you don't like it. Nobody is saying you have to keep your reservation as is.
Not having a fridge isn't a big deal. My family survived several trips with coolers and ice and made it through just fine.

Not getting what I paid for IS a big deal. Would you go anywhere else and not get what you paid for and say, "Oh, okay, no big deal. I did pay for it, but if you don't have it, that's okay." I have this funny expectation of getting what you agreed to give me when I paid you for it! Maybe that's just me....

And, yes, maybe I could switch, although I did just make my final payment to them! But the only way I even know about it is from being here. Isn't it Disney's responsibility to inform people that they're not going to get what they paid before---before they actually arrive?

POP-2007, ASMo-2010, ASSp-2011, POFQ-2013, POFQ-August 2014!!!!
Old 07-10-2013, 02:09 PM   #100
OurBigTrip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2AidanAndEli View Post

I agree 100% that guests should be notified prior to arrival if the fridge isn't going to be there so that they have time to make plans, if a fridge is absolutely necessary.

Unless there is a medical need, which I know is often the case, it's a convenience, not a necessity. Do I like the convenience? Absolutely. Would I be annoyed if it wasn't there? Sure. Would I panic and worry and complain about it if it wasn't? Nope.

I haven't seen anyone putting down people that are unhappy about it, but absent a medical necessity, no, I don't see the big deal.

I'm a big picture kind of person, and this is something that would be a momentary annoyance, then I would go on with my vacation. It will make zero difference in my life if someone else lets the lack of a refrigerator ruin their vacation.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:13 PM   #101
HubbDave

Well, the amenities (at least at BC) no longer list fridges

Lol
Old 07-10-2013, 02:13 PM   #102
Patience
DIS Veteran

It's an amenity, not a convenience. Amenities are what attract people to different resorts. It's very poor form to remove an amenity without notice and not compensate guests for the loss of that amenity in some way. I am not suggesting free stays or anything like that but how about free mugs as someone mentioned previously or $10 off the room rate (which was in fact the amount Disney used to charge per day to rent refrigerators)?
Old 07-10-2013, 02:15 PM   #103
shyjade
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patience View Post
The room descriptions include a refrigerator and it is poor customer service to take them away and offer nothing to make up for the absence of an advertised amenity.
Actually, I went online when I first found out about this and under "Amenities", the fridge is NOT listed. Or at least not at ASMo where I checked....I didn't look up the other resorts.

My guess is they removed them from the room descriptions before making the announcement.

Old 07-10-2013, 02:15 PM   #104
HubbDave

This could become a Thread of the Month!

Pop Tarts instead of cereal for breakfast I guess
Old 07-10-2013, 02:16 PM   #105
WeCantWait
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by roomthreeseventeen View Post

Well I have to keep my reservation as is since it is paid in full at this time. At least I think it's paid in full, I have been trying to pay for 3 days now, thanks to Disneys subpar website, it has been quite an issue. I can understand that things happen and Disney is fixing it because they have to. Thankfully, I surf the Disboards daily so I will be prepared. I would be VERY upset if I arrived at AKL with my water, yogurt and juice and had no refrigerator. Why is it so difficult for them to notify arriving guests beforehand? Hopefully their refrigerator problem does not last as long as their website problem has lasted.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: