Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 09:20 AM   #16
ashleyrm
DIS Veteran

Guess I will be making the stop at Walgreens for a cheap-o cooler on my way from MCO.
March 1994 - Poly; 1995 - CBR; Nov 1997 - All Star Music; Dec 1998 - Beach Club; Aug 1999 - Dixie Landings; July 2002 - POR; Summer 2003 - ASMo; Nov 2004 - POR; April 2005 - OKW Jan 2009 - Port Orleans French Quarter; ; Feb 2009 - POR; Mar/Apr 2009 - BC; May 2009 - POFQ; Nov 2009 - Pop; Mar 2011 - All Star Movies; Apr 2012 - POR; Aug 2012 - ASMu; Dec 2012 - CSR; Feb 2013 - ASSports; May 2013- POFQ; Oct 2013 -CSR; Dec 2013 - ASSports; Feb '14 - AKL; Apr '14 - POP; May '14 - SSR treehouse
Old 07-10-2013, 09:22 AM   #17
BridgetBordeaux
DIS Veteran

Hmmm...........

Will be there 8/31. Thank goodness they have ice machines. I just wonder if they will tend to be empty since lots of people will be using ice for coolers.
POP Dec 2009, June/Sept 2010, June/Sept 2011, May/Sept 2012, May/Sept 2013, May/Sept 2014
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2013, 09:22 AM   #18
C&B Young
www.canadisney.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyrm View Post
Hope they are replaced by my October trip!
Same here! We're planning on the Poly, and a deluxe room should include a fridge IMO.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:23 AM   #19
kmb584
DIS Veteran

This is pretty awful! SO many people rely on the in-room mini-fridges to keep water cold, milk for kids or cereal in the morning, perishable snacks, etc. Not having one available is going to cause a lot of visitors a lot of grief. It may seem like a silly statement to make over a mini-fridge but when one stops to think about just how much they are utilized..

The 4 month replacement timeline also seems a bit insane. Why would it take so long to replace them? It seems like a task that could be done in a 2 week time period, if that. Order new, remove old, connect new.

In October we're staying off-site because additional family members are joining us and while I WAS disappointed that we weren't on-site, I no longer am. I can't imagine not having cold water at the ready for me, cold juice for DD, etc!

Me (30) DD (5)
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney
Old 07-10-2013, 09:30 AM   #20
bearloch
DIS Veteran

not surprised we were at Port in June and the fridge sucked! it did not work right at all we called housekeeping and front desk it was not a major issues for us as we had a cooler with us we used. They had stated they were having issues with lots of the fridges then!.. and no cold water in tap is common everywhere in Fl in summer we live just outside Tampa and we cant get cold tap from april to oct!

WDW1986
Disneyland 1998
Disneyland 1999
WDW 2003
BAck First time @ Fort 12 /2007

Moved closer to Mickey June 2011:dance
CSR June 2012
Old 07-10-2013, 09:33 AM   #21
Babsy
DIS Veteran

Ah, yes, I remember when....

Not so long ago, this was how it was all the time. It's relatively recent to have fridges included in the rooms. I remember paying $10 a day for a fridge for Mom's meds because they weren't in the rooms unless requested.

For myself, the ice in a cheap cooler was how we kept drinks cold. The ice machines always seemed to have ice then, so it shouldn't be a problem now. Refillable mugs help a bit (but requires someone to go fill them).

It is a bit more hassle, but doable.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:34 AM   #22
OurBigTrip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babsy View Post
Not so long ago, this was how it was all the time. It's relatively recent to have fridges included in the rooms. I remember paying $10 a day for a fridge for Mom's meds because they weren't in the rooms unless requested.

For myself, the ice in a cheap cooler was how we kept drinks cold. The ice machines always seemed to have ice then, so it shouldn't be a problem now. Refillable mugs help a bit (but requires someone to go fill them).

It is a bit more hassle, but doable.
Agree.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:38 AM   #23
MichelleVW
I call them "the people that live in my house"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyrm View Post
Guess I will be making the stop at Walgreens for a cheap-o cooler on my way from MCO.
That's what we always did before they had fridges. If we drove we would bring a nice cooler with a valve to let out the melted ice, and that was the best option. But if we flew we just stopped at the store and bought a cheap one to toss when we left. Not a big deal.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:40 AM   #24
ChristineNic
Mouseketeer

My husband's medication requires medication. I hope that there are arrangements to back up the first come/first served refrigerators available.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:46 AM   #25
Princess Katherine
The Yeti's Girlfriend

I hope it's not too loud. -.-

Katie
Old 07-10-2013, 09:46 AM   #26
TigrLvsPooh
Disney's Ultimate Fan, and our very own Travel Channel television star!!!
Anthony's Girl
Got my way

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineNic View Post
My husband's medication requires medication. I hope that there are arrangements to back up the first come/first served refrigerators available.
I remember back before the rooms had fridges even when we specifically requested one for medical reasons through CRO they still had us call housekeeping once we got to our room to get the fridge brought up. They weren't holding one for us. It was all based on whoever called housekeeping first. I would assume if all fridges are gone the hotel would offer refrigeration of medication somewhere in the resort, maybe a kitchen or backstage area.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:50 AM   #27
deserrai
DIS Veteran

We stayed at the Contemporary in a tower room last month. When we arrived, the refrigerator was not working. I called maintenance and the man came with a brand new one which also would not work in the cabinet. He ended up taking it out of the cabinet and placing it on the floor where it worked fine the entire week we were there. He said the fans don't circulate in the cabinet so it won't work. My brother had a room down the hall and he had to take his out of the cabinet also to make it work. The refrigerator was the exact same one we had when we stayed at AOA last December. I wonder if they bought this brand or type when they decided to put them in all the values and have figured out they won't work.

Just to clarify, we stayed in a Little Mermaid room at AOA.

Last edited by deserrai; 07-10-2013 at 10:02 AM.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:51 AM   #28
smallblackstars
Mouseketeer

I am really hoping this will be resolved long before our trip in mid November. So many people who are on a budget like to bring food or (if you are from overseas like us) get some groceries from Goodings etc to allow them to prepare their own food rather than spending a huge chunk of money on food in the parks/resorts. I like to get cold meats and salad to allow me to make sandwiches everyday but this would not be an option without a fridge. It's funny how important a little thing like a mini fridge is, yikes!

I actually can't see it taking 4 months to resolve this, apart from the fact there is no way it should take as long to replace the fridges, people rely on them and I can imagine their absence will create a LOT of complaints which Disney won't want.

Me (31), DH (26), DD (4), Ninja (2)

Old 07-10-2013, 09:52 AM   #29
TigrLvsPooh
Disney's Ultimate Fan, and our very own Travel Channel television star!!!
Anthony's Girl
Got my way

Quote:
Originally Posted by deserrai View Post
We stayed at the Contemporary in a tower room last month. When we arrived, the refrigerator was not working. I called maintenance and the man came with a brand new one which also would not work in the cabinet. He ended up taking it out of the cabinet and placing it on the floor where it worked fine the entire week we were there. He said the fans don't circulate in the cabinet so it won't work. My brother had a room down the hall and he had to take his out of the cabinet also to make it work. The refrigerator was the exact same one we had when we stayed at AOA last December. I wonder if they bought this brand or type when they decided to put them in all the values and have figured out they won't work.
Oh boy, that sounds like big trouble! Do you think they will have to replace the cabinets? Or just a different type of fridge?
Old 07-10-2013, 09:54 AM   #30
scard192
DIS Veteran

Ridiculous, now no way to keep drinks cold in the hot weather. Plus we made a reservation for a room that included a refrigerator and now there will not be one. I understand that I only reserved a room type at a certain resort but sure seems like I am getting less than what I am paying for. XXX/night for a room with a frig before the the problem and after the fix. same price but no frig until they fix them all. Same room but less "service" for the guest in the room.
It's going to cost me more OOP for milk, juice for the kids and water if this is not fixed before my trip.

It used to cost $10/day to rent a frig from Disney, Shouldn't we all get a $10/night discount?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: