Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 06:42 PM   #196
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

Is it the fridge itself that is the problem or the cabinet (which was kind of.a pain to begin with)

Safety first
But good customer relations/service right after

Comp the guests it affects, provide fridges for those who need it for meds or babies

All will be well
Old 07-10-2013, 06:47 PM   #197
bookgirl2632
DIS Veteran

Clearly, Disney was not planning for this to happen. And I'd rather them err on the side of caution than have a fire in my room. Can you imagine the legal troubles they'd have if someone died as a result of a fire that could have been prevented? Those with medical issues will be accommodated. The rest will have to be creative with coolers and ice.

1976 Offsite 1990 Offsite in Kissimmee 2001 CBR 2006 POR 2010 HRH
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2013, 06:47 PM   #198
wdisneyaholic
DIS Veteran

So are they planning on compensating for not having the fridge in the room? I saw on the previous page someone said they would comp $15 per night? Just wanted to know if that was true. I mean people do rely on having a fridge, so good customer service would be to provide some type of compensation.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:48 PM   #199
OurBigTrip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbDave View Post
Is it the fridge itself that is the problem or the cabinet (which was kind of.a pain to begin with)

Safety first
But good customer relations/service right after

Comp the guests it affects, provide fridges for those who need it for meds or babies

All will be well

Ah yes, "comp the guests".
Old 07-10-2013, 06:49 PM   #200
Blessedwith3boys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl2632 View Post
Clearly, Disney was not planning for this to happen. And I'd rather them err on the side of caution than have a fire in my room. Can you imagine the legal troubles they'd have if someone died as a result of a fire that could have been prevented? Those with medical issues will be accommodated. The rest will have to be creative with coolers and ice.
Well said! Not one person's life is worth a little inconvience!
Old 07-10-2013, 06:50 PM   #201
OurBigTrip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl2632 View Post
Safety isn't the issue here, it seems to be "what can I get Disney to give me for free?"
Old 07-10-2013, 06:50 PM   #202
OurBigTrip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessedwith3boys View Post
Well said! Not one person's life is worth a little inconvience!
+1000, well said!
Old 07-10-2013, 06:53 PM   #203
spritna
Mouseketeer

This is gettn good

Old 07-10-2013, 06:54 PM   #204
mom to minnie&mickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2AidanAndEli View Post
I guess I'm still really shocked by the whole, "It's not a big deal. Deal with it. Quit complaining." attitude on here.

Yes, we can all survive without a fridge. Yes, we'll find ways to keep things cold. Yes, $8 isn't a huge expense. Etc., etc., etc.

But what about the point of paying for something and then not getting what you paid for? When I booked and paid for my room, it said there would be a fridge. Now there might not be. That's just plain wrong.

If you checked into a hotel anywhere other than Disney that said it would have a TV in the room and it didn't, would you just shrug, and say "Oh, well, no big deal."? No, you'd be calling down to the desk asking where is my TV that I paid for. If you went to a restaurant and ordered spaghetti and meatballs but they only gave you spaghetti, would you say, "Oh, that's okay, I can make some when I get home. Go ahead and charge me the same price anyway."? No, you'd want a reduction in price or a substitution.

I'm amazed at this attitude that since it's Disney and it's magical and we should all be happy just to be here, that it's okay that they don't deliver on what they advertised. I'm sorry--we work a lot of hours all year and end up spending way more money than we probably should on a vacation. They're not doing me any favors by letting me stay there--I'm paying a pretty penny for it!

All I ask is to get what I paid for. But then I guess that's just plain unreasonable at Disney.......

AMEN! God forbid Saint Disney be criticized for anything. My family loves, loves, loves Disney but not notifying their guests (who have paid them thousands of $ and some months in advance) of such a huge change in their rooms is terribly wrong and they should be called out on it.
Only when customer dissatisfaction comes out loud and clear will they do anything about it. To some no fridge is not a huge deal but to others it is.
People should be clear about it before they get to the check-in counter!
Old 07-10-2013, 06:55 PM   #205
mom2AidanAndEli
DIS Veteran

Again, I'll ask....

If they're so afraid this is such a huge safety issue and each fridge is just a ticking time bomb waiting to explode into flames, why are they not pulling them from currently occupied rooms?????? Several people have said that rooms currently being used still have their refrigerators. I'll even go out on a limb here and say that many of those rooms have kids in them. So they're letting little babies sleep in rooms with these powder kegs waiting to go up, yet pulling them out of unoccupied rooms????

POP-2007, ASMo-2010, ASSp-2011, POFQ-2013, POFQ-August 2014!!!!
Old 07-10-2013, 06:56 PM   #206
Blessedwith3boys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritna View Post
This is gettn good
Old 07-10-2013, 06:59 PM   #207
HubbDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurBigTrip View Post

Safety isn't the issue here, it seems to be "what can I get Disney to give me for free?"
Exaggerate much? Customer pays for something (room with amenities), customer does not get what was agreed on, amends made. Customer walks away happy. Hotel/park/supermarket/whatever gets a return customer

I for one do not need the fridge, $15, or vouchers. But amends should be made

And of course I realize the issue is a fire hazard and this trumps all. If you ran the business, how would you handle it?
Old 07-10-2013, 07:00 PM   #208
HubbDave

I should edit it to "amends should be offered"
Old 07-10-2013, 07:00 PM   #209
Dizneefamily+4
Wish I could live in Cinderella's Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patience View Post
$8 for a cheapo styrofoam cooler that won't drain. Like I said, that's not terribly magical to me.
Not magical nor practical. Pay shipping on that cooler delivery that probably costs more than the cooler itself. And I'm willing to bet that those ice machines aren't going to be able to keep up with everyone and their coolers.
'10 - POR/WL
Aug. '11 - POLY
Aug. '12 - POFQ
Aug. '13 - POLY
Old 07-10-2013, 07:01 PM   #210
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2AidanAndEli View Post
Again, I'll ask....

If they're so afraid this is such a huge safety issue and each fridge is just a ticking time bomb waiting to explode into flames, why are they not pulling them from currently occupied rooms?????? Several people have said that rooms currently being used still have their refrigerators. I'll even go out on a limb here and say that many of those rooms have kids in them. So they're letting little babies sleep in rooms with these powder kegs waiting to go up, yet pulling them out of unoccupied rooms????
I don't know the answer, but I am also not on property at the moment. We do not know if guests have been told to unplug them (which is how the release reads) or have been asked to take them out of the cabinet. This news just broke today. Could we not give them 24 hours to see what they are going to do about it? They are not doing this to spite people. There is an issue that needs to be resolved and that is all we know. Does it suck? Absolutely. Would I ask for compensation if I arrived tomorrow and Garden Grocer delivered an order that now can't be used? Absolutely. Am I going to demand compensation if I get there in October and have no fridge? Nope. Things happen. It wasn't planned, and it wasn't predictable. I am sure they will do the best they can to resolve it as soon as possible. Whatever it is, it is big because it is affecting Aulani and DL as well.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: