Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 05:16 PM   #181
msjprincess
DIS Veteran

We're usually gone from our room at least 12 hours a day. Ice in a crummy styrofoam cooler probably won't last that long. Which is fine if you only have soft drinks in it. But not if you have something perishable.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:20 PM   #182
Belleandtinker
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyrm View Post
Hope they are replaced by my October trip!
We are going in October too. I may call now to put in a special request just in case.
June 1982 – WDW Treehouse Villas; March 1988 – WDW Off-Site; September 1992 – WDW Disney Institute and Off-Site; April 1997 – WDW Port Orleans French Quarter; April 2002 – DL Off-Site; April 2003 – WDW Animal Kingdom Lodge; April 2004 – DL Paradise Pier; April 2005 – DLP Off-Site; April 2008 – WDW Port Orleans French Quarter; January 2009 – WDW Caribbean Beach Resort; April 2010 – WDW Animal Kingdom Lodge/Port Orleans French Quarter; May 2011 - WDW Coronado Springs/Port Orleans French Quarter; May 2012 - WDW Coronado Springs/Caribbean Beach Resort; October 2012 - WDW All Star Movie; March 2013 - DL Grand Califorian; October 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter; May 2015 - ?

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2013, 05:22 PM   #183
Jules54
Earning My Ears

They could start with a breakfast voucher for everyone in the room. That would take care of my no fridge problem. I could manage around the rest of the issues.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:22 PM   #184
Blessedwith3boys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2AidanAndEli View Post
I guess I'm still really shocked by the whole, "It's not a big deal. Deal with it. Quit complaining." attitude on here.

Yes, we can all survive without a fridge. Yes, we'll find ways to keep things cold. Yes, $8 isn't a huge expense. Etc., etc., etc.

But what about the point of paying for something and then not getting what you paid for? When I booked and paid for my room, it said there would be a fridge. Now there might not be. That's just plain wrong.

If you checked into a hotel anywhere other than Disney that said it would have a TV in the room and it didn't, would you just shrug, and say "Oh, well, no big deal."? No, you'd be calling down to the desk asking where is my TV that I paid for. If you went to a restaurant and ordered spaghetti and meatballs but they only gave you spaghetti, would you say, "Oh, that's okay, I can make some when I get home. Go ahead and charge me the same price anyway."? No, you'd want a reduction in price or a substitution.

I'm amazed at this attitude that since it's Disney and it's magical and we should all be happy just to be here, that it's okay that they don't deliver on what they advertised. I'm sorry--we work a lot of hours all year and end up spending way more money than we probably should on a vacation. They're not doing me any favors by letting me stay there--I'm paying a pretty penny for it!

All I ask is to get what I paid for. But then I guess that's just plain unreasonable at Disney.......
This has nothing to do with " it's Disney and Magical "! Things happen! If I were at any resort and there was a safety issue, I would think it completely irresponsible of that company if it did not do whatever was necessary to ensure that my family was safe! You can not expect that a "resort" as large as Disney would be able to instantly fix this problem. They are compensating each room with a 15.00 per night credit. We can choose to stay on site and use a cooler...or stay off site with a nice fridge in your room. The choice is all of ours!
Old 07-10-2013, 05:24 PM   #185
Blessedwith3boys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules54 View Post
They could start with a breakfast voucher for everyone in the room. That would take care of my no fridge problem. I could manage around the rest of the issues.
OHHHHHH....I love this one! Although, I think my family could eat poptarts in the room and use the 105.00 weekly credit for more fun in the parks! Those kids dollar us to death!
Old 07-10-2013, 05:25 PM   #186
Nohal
DIS Veteran

I wonder if I can get a fast pass to the ice machine!

1973 Off Site - 1979 Cont - 1990 CBR/Cont - 1991 CBR - 1992 CBR - 1993 POR- 1994 ASSp - 1995 ASSp - 1996 ASMu - 1997 ASMo - 1998 DL/ASSp - 2002 Pop/ASMo - 2003 ASMo- 2004 ASMo - 2005 ASMo -2006 ASMo- 2007 ASSp - 2008 ASMo - 2009 ASMo - 2010 ASMo - 2011 ASMo - 2012 ASMo -2013 ASMo - 2014 ASMo
Old 07-10-2013, 05:27 PM   #187
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessedwith3boys View Post
This has nothing to do with " it's Disney and Magical "! Things happen! If I were at any resort and there was a safety issue, I would think it completely irresponsible of that company if it did not do whatever was necessary to ensure that my family was safe! You can not expect that a "resort" as large as Disney would be able to instantly fix this problem. They are compensating each room with a 15.00 per night credit. We can choose to stay on site and use a cooler...or stay off site with a nice fridge in your room. The choice is all of ours!
A $15.00 a night credit will not compensate anyone who might lose 100's of $ in medication. The insulin I take with me is $400+

I feel really bad for anyone arriving to find out at checkin about this issue.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 07-10-2013, 05:27 PM   #188
Blessedwith3boys
Mouseketeer

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohal View Post
I wonder if I can get a fast pass to the ice machine!
Old 07-10-2013, 05:29 PM   #189
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2AidanAndEli View Post
I guess I'm still really shocked by the whole, "It's not a big deal. Deal with it. Quit complaining." attitude on here.

Yes, we can all survive without a fridge. Yes, we'll find ways to keep things cold. Yes, $8 isn't a huge expense. Etc., etc., etc.

But what about the point of paying for something and then not getting what you paid for? When I booked and paid for my room, it said there would be a fridge. Now there might not be. That's just plain wrong.

If you checked into a hotel anywhere other than Disney that said it would have a TV in the room and it didn't, would you just shrug, and say "Oh, well, no big deal."? No, you'd be calling down to the desk asking where is my TV that I paid for. If you went to a restaurant and ordered spaghetti and meatballs but they only gave you spaghetti, would you say, "Oh, that's okay, I can make some when I get home. Go ahead and charge me the same price anyway."? No, you'd want a reduction in price or a substitution.

I'm amazed at this attitude that since it's Disney and it's magical and we should all be happy just to be here, that it's okay that they don't deliver on what they advertised. I'm sorry--we work a lot of hours all year and end up spending way more money than we probably should on a vacation. They're not doing me any favors by letting me stay there--I'm paying a pretty penny for it!

All I ask is to get what I paid for. But then I guess that's just plain unreasonable at Disney.......
Amenities are not guaranteed--in any hotel, not just at Disney. We have traveled several times where the pool was closed with no notice at a variety of hotel chains (Marriott most recently). All you are guaranteed is that you will have a room on property. That's it. If it is a safety issue, they need to fix it. Each resort will have some available, so request one and hope that you get it. That is all you can really do at this point unless you have another means of getting a cooler or mini fridge on your own.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:30 PM   #190
mom2AidanAndEli
DIS Veteran

Quote:
As far as I can tell one person on this board was told by one CM that there would be a $15 credit. I'll believe that when I see it! We all know how much WRONG information CMs have.

And if it's such a safety hazard, why would they be leaving in the rooms where people are currently staying??? They're taking them out of the currently empty rooms and leaving them where little children are sleeping? Doesn't sound like an urgent safety hazard to me. If they can wait while people are still in the rooms, they can wait until they have the new ones in stock and simply pull one out, put one in and no one's without.

POP-2007, ASMo-2010, ASSp-2011, POFQ-2013, POFQ-August 2014!!!!
Old 07-10-2013, 05:30 PM   #191
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
A $15.00 a night credit will not compensate anyone who might lose 100's of $ in medication. The insulin I take with me is $400+

They have always had medical refrigerators available at no cost. If you need one, just have it noted on your reservation
Old 07-10-2013, 05:30 PM   #192
Blessedwith3boys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post

They have already said that people on meds....will get a fridge! It's the people that need to store a half gallon of milk that are going to have to use an alternative solution!

And believe me...I totally agree that Disney has got to give people a fair notice!! I would be very annoyed if I arrived with a bunch of food and no place to keep it! This just came about! Disney is awesome at customer service, they'll figure it out!
Old 07-10-2013, 05:31 PM   #193
MrRomance
Planning and Plotting

I'm confused by people saying that 4 months is too long and it could be done faster

There are around 30,000 rooms at WDW, depending how many have the defect that a whole lot of fridge moving!

Off-Site Disney World Visits '92 - '94 - '96 - '99 - 2000, 2001, 2004
Disney World Stays August 2008 - CBR - February 2012 - SSR - July 2012 - POR - October 2013 - SSR - October 2014 - SSR - 2015 - Moving to the Sunshine State!

Disney Fairytale Wedding Vow Renewal Feb 2012
Old 07-10-2013, 05:35 PM   #194
Kim1964
Was intimidated by her bug, but don't worry she's conquered it!

My only real issue with this is the lack of notification to guests prior to their arrival. I am hoping that, since this all just started today, they'll have a better handle on it in the next few days and the customer service aspect of letting guests know ahead of time will become a priority. Heaven knows I get lots of emails from Disney Destinations prior to my trips........one more wouldn't kill them and could save a lot of angry encounters at front desks across properties.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:41 PM   #195
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
They have always had medical refrigerators available at no cost. If you need one, just have it noted on your reservation
Quote:
They have already said that people on meds....will get a fridge! It's the people that need to store a half gallon of milk that are going to have to use an alternative solution!

And believe me...I totally agree that Disney has got to give people a fair notice!! I would be very annoyed if I arrived with a bunch of food and no place to keep it! This just came about! Disney is awesome at customer service, they'll figure it out!
I know they have the small medical fridges but I also know people who have said at check in the CM at that point puts in a call to housekeeping. Pity the guest who has not requested one or is arriving late and being first come first served and is left without

As far as a Milk or soda/ water fill one of the sinks with ice, should anyone have to do this no but it is a solution. Just a thought

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: