Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 04:11 PM   #136
Reddog1134
DIS Veteran

It's all a plot to get you to buy DVC.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:12 PM   #137
DebbiePMN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2AidanAndEli View Post
I guess I don't understand why so many people are quick to say, "oh, well, no big deal. Guess we'll have to pack a cooler and get ice every day. No biggie." AND they're putting down people who are upset by the lack of a refrigerator!

I'm sorry, but I find this totally unacceptable on Disney's part! I paid a lot of money for a room with a fridge. They were happy to take my money for it and now they're not giving me what I paid for. That's WRONG!!!! On top of that, they're not even letting people know until they're already checked in? What kind of customer service is that??? This is just beyond ridiculous. Would you accept this kind of treatment from anyone other than Disney?

So the fridge isn't a big deal? I also paid for a room with a TV, running water, two beds, pillows, towels, toiletries, chairs, places to hang my clothes, sinks, etc. Would you be just as happy if they took any of that away. Ooops, our pillows might be a hazard to little ones. Sorry, you can't have them. But we're sure you'll figure out a way to make do. Roll up your dirty clothes and sleep on them! I know you wanted running water in your room, but we're having issues with the plumbing. There's a nice well and pump right across the courtyard with buckets provided for your convenience.

I'm sorry but I actually expect what I pay for. If they can leave the fridges in the rooms that are occupied, why can't they leave them until the exact day they're switching in the new ones? Why can't they notify everyone ahead of time? Why can't they make some offer to make up for the inconvenience? Anything????/

Okay, done venting now.... Just hoping I have a fridge at the end of August!
I totally agree with you! It's part of the room!
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2013, 04:13 PM   #138
shyjade
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney_girl125 View Post
I'm staying at pop century in about 3 and a half weeks. I called disney twice and got the same answer. They said they will only be exchanging out the affected refrigerators in unoccupied guest rooms. So, we still will have refrigerators. They said once a room is unoccupied they will switch it out before giving the room to another guest. I sure hope that's true. If it's not i'll be a bit annoyed that disney didn't let me know ahead of time. I expect the room to have what it includes and everything to be functioning. I buy milk for cereal in the room for breakfast. I also like my bottled water cold in the heat of summer!
I wonder why they removed them from the "Amenities" list then? I sure hope you're right though!!
Old 07-10-2013, 04:14 PM   #139
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Holy Cow! We went last month. I had and have every trip had an order from Garden Grocer for perishable items. This trip we had a much stricter budget and went without the dining plan for the first time and we had at least one meal in the room each day. I cannot imagine getting to the resort and finding a letter in the room telling me they had to take the fridge away.

The least they could do is tell people ahead of time. How hard is that?

Not everyone reads this board or checks Disney’s blog. Can sending everyone with a reservation an email be any harder than making that blog post?

They have to do what they have to do, but IMHO, the only way this should be done with a letter in the room on arrival day is if the people are arriving within the next 3 days. Those grocery delivery services are not cheap.

I’m sorry for those who don’t read this board who will show up at their resort and get this surprise.

June 2012: Going with the flow with Tropical Storm Debby TR (1st 5 days): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2953583
June 2013: Our Disney World Road Trip TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3137685
May 2014: Best trip yet. Working on the TR
Old 07-10-2013, 04:14 PM   #140
belle1528
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney_girl125 View Post
I'm staying at pop century in about 3 and a half weeks. I called disney twice and got the same answer. They said they will only be exchanging out the affected refrigerators in unoccupied guest rooms. So, we still will have refrigerators. They said once a room is unoccupied they will switch it out before giving the room to another guest. I sure hope that's true. If it's not i'll be a bit annoyed that disney didn't let me know ahead of time. I expect the room to have what it includes and everything to be functioning. I buy milk for cereal in the room for breakfast. I also like my bottled water cold in the heat of summer!
I called CBR this morning and they told me they are removing fridges from all resorts except the few that were listed??

We plan for breakfast in our room, it's much simpler with 2 small children. I'm not happy about this at all!
Old 07-10-2013, 04:14 PM   #141
DebbiePMN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patience View Post
It's an amenity, not a convenience. Amenities are what attract people to different resorts. It's very poor form to remove an amenity without notice and not compensate guests for the loss of that amenity in some way. I am not suggesting free stays or anything like that but how about free mugs as someone mentioned previously or $10 off the room rate (which was in fact the amount Disney used to charge per day to rent refrigerators)?
That would work for me!
Old 07-10-2013, 04:15 PM   #142
Linda T.
DIS Veteran

We arrive at CBR on Saturday. We have not been notified about the refrigerators from Disney yet. I have ordered several items from We Go Shop for the refrigerator so I hope CBR is not affected.
May, 1979 - Offsite; June, 1995 - CBR; June, 1997 - CBR; June, 1999 - POR; July, 2001 - CBR; April, 2005 - Disneyland; July, 2005 - CBR; July, 2007 - CBR; July, 2010 - CBR; July 2011 - CBR; July, 2013 - CBR; Next Trip - Christmas, 2014 - BCV

Old 07-10-2013, 04:15 PM   #143
comicguy
DIS Veteran

I just spoke w/ a WDW reservation CM a couple of hours ago and she told me the AoA fridge swap will be completed within the next 2-3 weeks (just in time for my upcoming trip!!)

Hope that helps
Dec 2000 Movies, Jan '03 Movies, Jan '05 Movies, Jan '06 Movies, August '06 POP, Jan '07 POP, Aug '07 POP, Aug '08 POP, Aug '09 POP, Aug '10 POP Aug '11 POP, POP '12, AoA '13

Next Trip: '14 POP
Old 07-10-2013, 04:28 PM   #144
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.

I know this is all a big ploy! They are fitting the resorts with "Smart" refrigerators to track our actions! There must be a hidden camera in there to record our conversations and analyze our water usage...

Very interesting indeed! Just hope they have them in POR in about 62 days!

Old 07-10-2013, 04:31 PM   #145
CareHeartsDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhall2000 View Post
Just hope they have them in POR in about 62 days!
Someone on this board said earlier that they called POR and was told that they will replace the fridges by July 31st.

WDW Trips - Offsite: 3/93, 1/94, 3/94, 2/96, 11/12 (MVMCP while visiting Universal Studios); Onsite: 4/95 WL, 11/08 CSR, 11/11 Poly, 10/12 AoA Cars Suite, 2/13 POR, 2/14 POR, 2/15 (not sure which resort yet)

Universal Orlando Trips - Offsite: 3/94, 12/97; Onsite: 11/11 HRH, 11/12 HRH, 2/14 PBH, 2/15 (not sure which resort yet)
Old 07-10-2013, 04:38 PM   #146
prettypatchesmsu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5boyz View Post

I just called there! No fridges...we are there in 19 days for 10 days...I guess we are going old fashion....ice in the garbage can and cooler.. Oh well we're gonna be at Disney....
Thanks, glad we're not the only ice in the trash can people lol! Sorry you'll have to deal with that again, its a lot of work. We'd tried shipping down a foam cooler in our box of goodies last time. But the box arrived at the resort looking like it got in a fight with King Kong. So cooler was cracked in pieces when we opened the box.

2013 October 19th-31st - Pop Century / DH & Me for 18th Anniversary Dream Trip
2011 October - Pop Century / Mom, Me, & DH
2008 June - All Star Movies / Mom, Me, & DH
1992 June - Caribbean Beach Resort / Mom & Me
Old 07-10-2013, 04:42 PM   #147
mom to minnie&mickey
DIS Veteran

We are staying at music during the food court closure at Sports. Since music's food court will be a madhouse we planned on breakfast and some lunches/dinners in the room (cold cuts, cheese, yogurts, milk etc..). Now this! It is amazing how Disney pulls these moves with no notice to the people it will affect. I totally agree with a pp who said $10 off per room per night but we know they will never do that as that would mean $$$$$$ off their bottom line!
Yes, I know they provide ice but that is not the same thing always checking if its melted, draining cooler, adding more
Btw, their answer to the inconvenience this will cause thousands of their guests...raise the mug price by 18 percent! Can you tell I'm mad!
Old 07-10-2013, 04:46 PM   #148
Billmel
DIS Veteran

This is the "chat" conversation I just had with Disney....hope it is helpful.

I only asked about compensation because it had been asked about on this thread, we are hopeful it will be done by mid September when we go, but if not we will bring a cooler...

Welcome to Disney! My name is Booh. How may I help you today?

you: Hello! We have reservations at Coronado Springs in a King preferred room in mid September. I just heard that we may not have a refrigerator in our room is this correct?

Booh: Hello!

Booh: Yes, it has just been announced today that all refrigerators will be removed due to a possible issue. They will now be limited until they are all replaced.

you: Do you have a time frame on replacement.

Booh: They said it will be a few months.

you: Will there be any compensation for not having a refrigerator? When I made the reservation a refrigerator was listed under amenities, but now checking it isn't there anymore. Not sure what to do since we were expecting to have one for perishables.

Booh: I am sure they will work fast to resolve this issue and since you are coming in September, we hope that they will be replaced. However, we have a limited number of refrigerators available by special request and you can call Disney Reservation Center at 407-560-CHAT (2428) to do so.

you: I appreciate all of your help. Thanks, hope you have a great day. I am sure you guys are getting alot of questions.

Booh: Yes. We look forward to your visit. If you have a moment, I appreciate your feedback on the survey after you close the chat window, on my level of service. Thank you for chatting with Disney. Have a Magical Day!
Old 07-10-2013, 04:48 PM   #149
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom to minnie&mickey View Post
We are staying at music during the food court closure at Sports. Since music's food court will be a madhouse we planned on breakfast and some lunches/dinners in the room (cold cuts, cheese, yogurts, milk etc..). Now this! It is amazing how Disney pulls these moves with no notice to the people it will affect. I totally agree with a pp who said $10 off per room per night but we know they will never do that as that would mean $$$$$$ off their bottom line!
Yes, I know they provide ice but that is not the same thing always checking if its melted, draining cooler, adding more
Btw, their answer to the inconvenience this will cause thousands of their guests...raise the mug price by 18 percent! Can you tell I'm mad!
Disney didn't raise the price of the values to cover the cost of putting the fridges in. So it stands to reason they won't lower the cost for the temporary removal of them either. I'm honestly more surprised they haven't offered any special discounts for rooms at the Sports!

I did just peak and Garden Grocer does have a smallish cooler for sale. So if you are ordering food for your room, I would add one of those to the order, if you can't bring your own.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:49 PM   #150
Blessedwith3boys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzBelleMom View Post

(I do feel for all those affected, but after reading about the fire, I would rather make do than risk smoke inhalation, losing my possessions or worse.)
AMEN AND AMEN!! Get over it....we can all survive by putting our milk and yogurt in a cooler for a week! I'm sure Disney hopes to get this problem fixed ASAP to keep from hearing everyones complaints!!!!!
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: