Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2013, 08:41 PM   #76
uramr
Jsdisneymom

Bumping as I still cannot find the official dates for 2013!
uramr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:50 PM   #77
darnheather
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by uramr View Post
Bumping as I still cannot find the official dates for 2013!
They haven't been released yet.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-28-2013, 06:52 PM   #78
princesserinrose
Mouseketeer

If they do that it just won't be the same... I remember the thrill of seeing it snow in Florida, and dancing around with my family under the Lights... Other than the castle lights, if they do away with the Osbornes, there's no other special reason to go during the Christmas season.
princesserinrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:52 PM   #79
TristanWingfield
Dancing Lights

Hey gang, Tristan here, I'm married to Breezy Osborne, the little girl all those lights were originally put up for. I know that just before Jennings (Breezy's Father) passed away June 2011 that he signed a 5 year contract (They renew every 5 years) with Disney for use of the family name with the lights. (This really doesn't mean much as it's not a contract to keep the lights on, but that contract should run until 2016)

So hopefully they will run them until then at least! I know it means the world to Breezy that the lights have run this long. And now we have a daughter, Riley, she saw the lights last year for a couple weeks but was only 6 months old we can't wait for her to see them this year at 17 months!

Thanks for all the positive things said about the lights!
TristanWingfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:23 AM   #80
Lindaland
Mouseketeer

I loved seeing the lights and I am glad I got to see them twice!! Hopefully they will just be relocated in the park, but honestly, WDW is not a museum!! Attractions need to come and go so the parks can stay fresh and people want to keep coming back and see whats new!

Lindaland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:04 AM   #81
Q-man
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaland View Post
I loved seeing the lights and I am glad I got to see them twice!! Hopefully they will just be relocated in the park, but honestly, WDW is not a museum!! Attractions need to come and go so the parks can stay fresh and people want to keep coming back and see whats new!
The lights seem like the perfect thing to put at AK to draw people in the evenings and not disturb the animals. I could also see them as a draw for Disney Springs(aka DD) or the Boardwalk.
Q-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:37 AM   #82
PTSMickey
Earning My Ears

Wink Winter Lights

DH and I loved the lights at Epcot. Very disappointed when they went away. Love the Osbourne lights as well, but the "dancing" part could go away any time as far as I am concerned. But I agree with posters who say that if the Osbourne lights go away from DHS, what will be he holiday draw for DHS?? Gotta have something!!!
Old 08-02-2013, 11:05 AM   #83
davids
Earning My Ears

The 2013 IAAPA convention schedule is up on their website. Under facility tours, it has this listed:
Disney’s Hollywood Studios Tour – Tuesday, November 19
Take a very special tour of Disney’s Hollywood Studio and follow the live entertainment production process from costume design to “lights out” at the end of the show. Small tour groups will visit attractions including Toy Story Midway Mania as well as the Creative Costuming department where Disney’s computer aided design process turns out thousands of costumes annually. The tour will also visit The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow and explore the making of this attraction. Finally, enjoy dinner and the Osborne Spectacle of Dancing Lights - an awe-inspiring seasonal event featuring millions of glittering lights perfectly synchronized to holiday music. Tour includes an exclusive back-of-house experience of Spectacle of Dancing Lights, hosted by members of the creative and production staff.
If they are offering a behind the scenes tour, it seems likely that the lights will be back for this year
davids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:45 AM   #84
DanBoris
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davids View Post
The 2013 IAAPA convention schedule is up on their website. Under facility tours, it has this listed:
Disney’s Hollywood Studios Tour – Tuesday, November 19
Take a very special tour of Disney’s Hollywood Studio and follow the live entertainment production process from costume design to “lights out” at the end of the show. Small tour groups will visit attractions including Toy Story Midway Mania as well as the Creative Costuming department where Disney’s computer aided design process turns out thousands of costumes annually. The tour will also visit The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow and explore the making of this attraction. Finally, enjoy dinner and the Osborne Spectacle of Dancing Lights - an awe-inspiring seasonal event featuring millions of glittering lights perfectly synchronized to holiday music. Tour includes an exclusive back-of-house experience of Spectacle of Dancing Lights, hosted by members of the creative and production staff.
If they are offering a behind the scenes tour, it seems likely that the lights will be back for this year
There have also been construction permits filed recently for the lights (which is normal around this time of year), do I have little doubt it will be back this year. Beyond this year is the question mark.
DanBoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:35 AM   #85
WDWGeek1971
Mouseketeer

Been moved once, already

Disney has already moved the lights once--from the Backlot Residential Street, to Streets of America. It has to be such a huge draw for them. I would have a hard time imagining them walking away from that 8 weeks a year of huge crowds at The Studios. For me, it is more than a draw to The Studios. It is a huge part of what gets me to make that extra trip to WDW in early December. If this were to go away, I'd probably just come down for Food and Wine in October/November and then Flower and Garden in April/May. Maybe if they had to skip a year and then they'd be back up decorating Mos Eisley, or Route 66. We can hope they'll not be stupid about this.

First Visit: December 1971
Most Recent Visits: Oct/Nov 2010, Jan 2011, Feb 2011, May 2011, July 2011, Oct 2011, Nov 2011, Dec 2011, Feb 2012, May 2012, Aug 2012, Sept/Oct 2012, Nov 2012, Dec 2012, Mar 2013, Oct/Nov 2013, Dec 2013, Mar 2014, May 2014.
Next Visits: F&W Oct 2014, Dec 2014
WDWGeek1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:52 PM   #86
jsebsirois
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWGeek1971 View Post
I would have a hard time imagining them walking away from that 8 weeks a year of huge crowds at The Studios.
I agree with you and I sure hope that the lights will remain in WDW but... If the rumored expansion is to be true, I guess Disney will build on that expansion to have people come to HS... Of course, that doesn't mean that they have to get rid of the Lights.

WDW : October/November 2013 (MNSSHP and MVMCP) March 2013, October 2011 (MNSSHP), November 2010 (MVMCP), October 2008, October 2006 (MNSSHP) and July 2005 DLR : October 2012 (MHP), July 2010 and September 2009
jsebsirois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:25 AM   #87
Fall1
DIS Veteran

Anyone have any new info on this? Thanks!
Oct 2004 GF/BC Honeymoon, Oct 2005 BC, May 2006 BC, Oct 2009 BCV (twins 1st trip!), Oct 2010 BCV, Feb 2011 AKV, Oct 2011 BCV, Dec 2011 AKV, Mar 2012 SSR, Nov 2012 BCV, Apr 2013 BCV, Oct 2013 SSR, Apr 2014 1st Disney Cruise!! & BCV
Upcoming December 2014 BCV & 1st Universal trip!
me DH DS 7 DD 7
Fall1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:18 PM   #88
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall1 View Post
Anyone have any new info on this? Thanks!
They actually just renewed the contract so it is coming back but that doesn't mean it won't be moved to a different place.

rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:32 PM   #89
shadeauxe
Mouseketeer

Because of the last few responses in here about the Osborne family, I went and looked up the history on Wikipedia. Pretty cool story!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Osb...Dancing_Lights
Old 11-15-2013, 12:54 PM   #90
SpectroMagic*o*
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

I really hope this is not true!!! I've always wanted to see the lights and have yet to have the opportunity!!

SpectroMagic*o* is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: