Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2014, 01:04 PM   #1
msmileyface
Mouseketeer

ride questions/rumor

A CM shared a rumor that they may ve sending the Carousel of Progress to the Smithsonian and building a small Stitch coaster there.

Also, at DHS, what's going on next to TSM? It would be a great to duplicate the ride or put a Frozen ride..
msmileyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 01:44 PM   #2
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmileyface View Post
A CM shared a rumor that they may ve sending the Carousel of Progress to the Smithsonian and building a small Stitch coaster there. Also, at DHS, what's going on next to TSM? It would be a great to duplicate the ride or put a Frozen ride..
I love CM rumors. Nothing is going to be going anywhere. Frozen would not go next to TSMM because that is Pixar place if they were to put something there it would be some type of Pixar ride.

rteetz is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2014, 06:06 PM   #3
adcampbell27
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by rteetz View Post
I love CM rumors. Nothing is going to be going anywhere. Frozen would not go next to TSMM because that is Pixar place if they were to put something there it would be some type of Pixar ride.
I would love to see a Frozen themed ride
Old 04-20-2014, 06:28 PM   #4
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by adcampbell27 View Post
I would love to see a Frozen themed ride
Of anything there was a rumor a little while back that maelstrom in Epcot would get a redo to frozen. I don't see that happening anymore but maybe eventually WDW will get a frozen ride. I don't think it would be in DHS tho.

rteetz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:36 PM   #5
KYMickey
Adding EARS to Kentucky!

Location: Louisville Kentucky, home of the Derby and the 2014 TPC championship!

I wonder where they think that the Smithsonian would put COP? It's not as if it's something small you can just stick in the corner of an exhibit space. It's a moderate sized building all to itself! It wouldn't surprise me if maybe the Smithsonian wanted a couple of the scenes in the COP I don't think they would want nor take the entire thing.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:19 PM   #6
msmileyface
Mouseketeer

I think they meant it would be dismantled and only scenes would be displayed.. it's probably not true
msmileyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 11:16 PM   #7
101disneyfan
Waiting for Avatar, Star Wars, Pixar Place...

There was a rumor around two or three years ago that the Carousel of Progress was going to be taken out (due to the lack of available space in Tomorrowland) and be converted into a walk through attraction in Innoventions, but those rumors died off pretty quickly.

Walt Disney World September 23-25, 2005 CBR, October 6-9, 2007 MNSSHP (Video), June 23-28, 2013 (Video)
101disneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:54 PM   #8
DanBoris
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmileyface View Post
A CM shared a rumor that they may ve sending the Carousel of Progress to the Smithsonian and building a small Stitch coaster there.

Also, at DHS, what's going on next to TSM? It would be a great to duplicate the ride or put a Frozen ride..
The COP rumors is probably one of the longest running and most persistent Disney parks rumors...

1/21/2009: "Rumor that I heard when I was at the park (from a guy who's cousin is a CM) is that they are moving the ENTIRE building to the Smithsonian Museum in Washington, DC. Since it is a landmark building. "

1/31/2008: "While in line for SSE this past weekend, I overheard some people talking that next year they are dismantling the COP and moving it to the Smithsonian. The guy who said it claimed to be a cast member."

4/12/2007: "a friend of mine who is very much into keeping up on disney happeneing told me a few days ago that they're going to close carousel of progress and put it in the Smithsonian"

3/26/2007: "Also, unconfirmed rumors are circulating that Carousel of Progress will be entering the Smithsonian in 2009 along with the Enchanted Tiki Room but you didn't hear it from me."

5/11/2004: "Has anybody heard anything about Carousel of Progress being donated to the Smithsonian? It's probably just a rumor, but on the other hand, its something that I haven't heard before. "
DanBoris is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: