Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2013, 11:33 PM   #61
davale4
Love love watching my kids have fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by starousse View Post
My family and I just returned from the BC a little over a month ago. Even though we had a wonderful and memorable trip, the accommodations were not up to par.

Check in was horrible, but that's a whole other discussion.
We had a garden view room, which looked as though it was not cleaned after the last guests. There was no shower curtain up, black hair all over the bathroom floor and toilet, black and sticky stuff on the carpet. My husband was furious and insisted on leaving and going to the WL, which we loved the year before......

....I can honestly say that I probably would not return to the BC, unless there was some super promotion going on. Location was fabulous, pool was great and the outside was very pretty, however the service and cleanliness needs some help.
I know the feeling...We stayed BC CL and it was very clear that the room and bathroom had NOT been cleaned. The room was very nice, but filthy. We will never stay there again. We have some friends staying there now and have had problems with mousekeeping as well. She said she was putting in a complaint...We didn't, we just won't go back.

DH DW DD DS
davale4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:47 PM   #62
lilmomma00
Earning My Ears

Anytime we have stayed there, we have never had a problem. We always go with almost our whole family. So each time 3+ rooms. Never had a problem with cleanliness. Enjoy your stay!

lilmomma00 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-25-2013, 07:31 AM   #63
Dis703
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by starousse View Post
My family and I just returned from the BC a little over a month ago. Even though we had a wonderful and memorable trip, the accommodations were not up to par.

Check in was horrible, but that's a whole other discussion.
We had a garden view room, which looked as though it was not cleaned after the last guests. There was no shower curtain up, black hair all over the bathroom floor and toilet, black and sticky stuff on the carpet. My husband was furious and insisted on leaving and going to the WL, which we loved the year before.

I went downstairs, spoke with the manager and was moved into an upgraded room the next morning. Although cleaner, it was still in pretty tired condition, broken toilet lever, wall paper shriveled up and peeling in the bathroom, our sheets weren't changed once. Went to bed one night and found heaps of sand in it. When called for housekeeping, they said that they only change sheets if you ask. Ok, for $450 a night, I would expect the housekeeper to see the gravel in the bed and change the sheet. Oh well.

I can honestly say that I probably would not return to the BC, unless there was some super promotion going on. Location was fabulous, pool was great and the outside was very pretty, however the service and cleanliness needs some help.
Was this BC or BC Villas? Just curious because I know housekeeping for the villas differs. The sheets at BC are supposed to be changed every 4 days or upon request. I also note the Villas often are mentioned to have more wear. We didn't experience that at BC.

Dis703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:50 AM   #64
luvdisney00
DIS Veteran

The BC is our favorite resort! We stayed twice in August and everything was perfect. I'm sorry you had a bad experience, I would not hesitate to let them know.

6/90 offsite
6/00 All Star Movies
7/07 Polynesian
9/08 Polynesian
8/10 Port Orleans Riverside
8/11 Beach Club
8/12 Beach Club
8/13 Port Orleans Riverside
luvdisney00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:40 AM   #65
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsclark View Post
Eek! Now I am getting worried too! we stayed at BC last year and BCV the year before that!

This year we will be staying at BCV again in September. I have to say we much prefer the BCV - the rooms are a lot newer, so they seem less beat up. The lobby of the BC is loud, but other than that it is a nice, relaxing, calm resort.

We were also thinking about YC or even Poly or GF - hopefully, we made the right choice! We love SAB!
Please do not worry. Unless all of these issues are systemic your experience will differ from everyone else's. If you do have a problem, make sure that you go to a manager to have it corrected. Have a great time!
Old 07-25-2013, 09:52 AM   #66
starousse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis703 View Post
Was this BC or BC Villas? Just curious because I know housekeeping for the villas differs. The sheets at BC are supposed to be changed every 4 days or upon request. I also note the Villas often are mentioned to have more wear. We didn't experience that at BC.
This was just The Beach Club.
starousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:58 AM   #67
sonofanarchy
DIS Veteran

We just stayed there and everything was very clean (Villas). I didn't care for the resort as much as Boardwalk, but it was OK.
sonofanarchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:23 PM   #68
Huggups
Earning My Ears

Stayed at the BCV once and honestly, I wasn't thrilled with it but I didn't really experience any issues. It just isn't my cup of tea. Didn't like the decor or the restaurants.

I have a friend though who loves it and doesn't want to stay anywhere else but she does say that Stormalong Bay is one of the reasons. Me and pools just don't go together. I could care less. I'd rather have a really nice view. BCV is hardly known for their breathtaking views! I have heard that it is in need of some refurbushment though.
Huggups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:56 AM   #69
yolie912
DIS Veteran

We stayed at Beach Club last year and let me tell you never again! It was just not for us. The bathroom was not cleaned and there was hair in the bath tub. The knob in the sink was broken. i went to turn on the water and it came off. The TV was not working properly and to be honest it was such a mess. 2 days later they moved us a little closer to the lobby and the room was much better. We won't be going back.

Just my 2 cents.

Yoli
Old 08-16-2013, 02:11 PM   #70
wifey
DIS Veteran

Beach Club is getting refurbished next year to smarten it up again, it has been quite a while since they changed the decor in there (2009) and they do get lots of guests staying so it would look a little shabby by now. I know how quickly carpets and soft furnishings can wear out at home, how wallpaper gets scuffed and torn despite being careful.... sometimes it just happens, imagine the wear and tear caused by guests over time, just think how it could be at any resort and you can see why things need replacing. Work was scheduled to start in January but it might not begin that month it's just a case of waiting to find out more closer to the time. They are also renovating the a club level lounge and making it better so that will need to move to another location whilst that happens so possibly the Presidential Suite will temporarily become the lounge for a few weeks. All work will be completed whilst guests are out for the day and if noise disrupts guests they can be moved away to a quieter location within the resort. There's lots of work going on in WDW at the moment but you don't see most of it unless it's in front of you for example at say the Polynesian some maintenance work is causing re-categorising of rooms because the views have been altered. They have to do these tasks at some point and hopefully choose a time when the attendance figures are lower to limit disrupting guests vacations.

Food Report 2009 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2204927

Trip Report 2009 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2286975

Trip Report 2007 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1508500[img]

June 1998 Comfort Inn LBV, November 2000 AS Music Jazz 2510, September 2002 SpringHill Suites MV, February 2004 AS Movies Purdey 4960, June 2005 Comfort Inn LBV, November 2005 Sequoia Lodge DLRP Last trip 21st June 2007 AS Movies,September 2009 First time at Port Orleans French Quarter,Next trip Yacht club (club level)August 2013
Me DH NielDS Ethan
wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:11 PM   #71
buckeev
RedNeck Mouseketeer

Geez...the bad reviews are kinda startin' to get to me! And not just here, where most of us seriously drink the Mousey KoolAid!...but on other travel sites too. I really want to keep my reservation-it's a surprise split stay for the family-but wondering if it's like playing the lottery with BC.
We have stayed at several WDW resorts-POR numerous times-and never had a "filthy" room as some have described their BC rooms. I have upgraded to a Lagoon View room, and now wondering if I should just try something different. I hate to end our 13 day vacation on a downer because someone doesn't have time to fix a water faucet, or get the hair out of the tub or sink!
For a moderate budget kinda family, this is a significant "splurge".
Old 08-16-2013, 09:18 PM   #72
CoolPool
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeev View Post
Geez...the bad reviews are kinda startin' to get to me! And not just here, where most of us seriously drink the Mousey KoolAid!...but on other travel sites too. I really want to keep my reservation-it's a surprise split stay for the family-but wondering if it's like playing the lottery with BC.
We have stayed at several WDW resorts-POR numerous times-and never had a "filthy" room as some have described their BC rooms. I have upgraded to a Lagoon View room, and now wondering if I should just try something different. I hate to end our 13 day vacation on a downer because someone doesn't have time to fix a water faucet, or get the hair out of the tub or sink!
For a moderate budget kinda family, this is a significant "splurge".
I stayed in late July 2013 and Aug 2012. Both times we received beautiful spotless rooms. It is true that there is an issue with the hall carpet being bleached at certain places by sloppy cleaning techniques. Do you feel that would ruin your splurge? I can be pretty rough on Disney, but we had NO issues with either of our stays. If you have a problem, you address it immediately by walking back to the front desk or calling housekeeping. Do NOT call the "front desk" - that is a call center that has proven to be ineffective in almost every situation.
CoolPool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:20 AM   #73
ToyStory3
DIS Veteran

I read some bad reviews of the BCR before we stayed there as well. But I'm so glad that we went and experienced it for ourselves. We had such a great stay and loved the resort. We're going next year and wanted to try a MK resort. But the closer we get we can't imagine NOT staying at BCR again. I think you'll really like it.

ToyStory3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:30 AM   #74
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

I love the BC and have stayed there for most of our visits in the last twenty years. I hate to see reports of how horrible it is because someone found a hair in the bath tub. I've heard a report of a dirty room at the CR, but that doesn't mean the whole place is filthy. And then there was a smelly room at POR but that doesn't mean it is a horrible place to stay.

The BC is a very popular resort and it gets high praise in general. There are always random problems at any resort. Nothing is guaranteed.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:32 AM   #75
TwistGrl101
DIS Veteran

Ok I'll give my 2 cents.

We have stayed BC the last 3 trips, and have just booked YC for 2014 (BC was not available.)

We will not stay anywhere else. We love everything about the resort...the pool, view, beautiful landscaping, proximity to 2 parks, cape may cafe, smell of lobby, I really just can't explain the feeling, but it feels like paradise.

With that being said, I will admit that we have had some issues with maintenance/mousekeeping. Although they were a nuisance, it was such a small annoyance in comparison to our whole trip that we didn't even let it bother us.
We love the resort too much, and hardly spend any time in the room anyway.
TwistGrl101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: