Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2013, 10:33 AM   #46
MinnieTink
DIS Veteran

We had a great time at the BC last August. The pool and the proximity to Epcot are fabulous. The beds were comfy, even the daybed, and that area of the room was very clean. We loved our stay BUT my family all agreed it was the worst bathroom we have had in many WDW trips, staying at all levels of resorts. The sink area really needed a major wipe down with bleach (really gross. Luckily we drive and i packed clorox wipes) and the toilet, though relatively clean, was ummm....unsteady. I guess it had a problem with the seal underneath because that thing would rock and roll like some crazy new WDW attraction lol. (Primeval Turl? Rock'n Roller Toilet?) We had toilet issues the whole week after several visits from maintenance.

All in all tho, we really liked BC and would stay there again.

MinnieTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:38 PM   #47
buckeev
RedNeck Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieTink View Post
We had a great time at the BC last August. The pool and the proximity to Epcot are fabulous. The beds were comfy, even the daybed, and that area of the room was very clean. We loved our stay BUT my family all agreed it was the worst bathroom we have had in many WDW trips, staying at all levels of resorts. The sink area really needed a major wipe down with bleach (really gross. Luckily we drive and i packed clorox wipes) and the toilet, though relatively clean, was ummm....unsteady. I guess it had a problem with the seal underneath because that thing would rock and roll like some crazy new WDW attraction lol. (Primeval Turl? Rock'n Roller Toilet?) We had toilet issues the whole week after several visits from maintenance.

All in all tho, we really liked BC and would stay there again.
HAAAAA..I see what you did there!
Register to remove

Old 07-12-2013, 10:05 AM   #48
MinnieTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeev View Post
HAAAAA..I see what you did there!
Ha ha

MinnieTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:20 PM   #49
Stormie
Earning My Ears

That's weird! Once I stayed at BC I couldn't go back, I stayed there for the next three times I have gone to DW. I have stayed at Carib Beach and Swan/Dolphin (which DID seem dingy to me). I thought BC was very fresh and bright, I loved it. I am so bummed b/c I couldn't get a booking there in November so I had to "settle" for the Boardwalk!

BC has the best pools! You're very fortunate you have a chance to stay there.
Stormie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:36 PM   #50
DisMama3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzznina View Post
BC is schedued for a refurb in October, it has been over 4 years since it's last refurb. If you have a big problem with your room, do not call the desk or mousekeeping, physically walk to the lobby and ask for a manager, this is really the best way to get things corrected.
Do you know how long this should take? Hoping we get a "newer" room for our January trip. Thanks.
DisMama3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 06:02 AM   #51
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

So far, BC is my least favorite resort. We booked CL last Thanksgiving, staying 10 days. We had no complaints with the concierge or CL service, and mousekeeping did a good job, with the exception of filling the toilet paper. But, the marketplace was a disaster. We know that HH was closed, but the resort made no real provisions to handle quick serve issues, so meals were problematic if you relied on the resort options. But the kicker was the customer service in the Marketplace. Terrible! I have never complained about service anywhere or anytime in WDW, so for me to contact a manager, I needed to be really angry. The manager did respond, and did his best to rectify the situation. But the very next day, the same issue times 10 occurred, as if the manager responded to me, but not issue that prompted my concern.

I think was bothered me a lot was that as a whole, the management did not seem to know that their CM's were overwhelmed. They had been expected to take on the overflow. There was one CM in the pool area serving food, and she got her orders filled at Martha's Vineyard. The bar staff were so crazed that they would not even make eye contact with guests waiting to place orders that the poor CM serving the pool area had finally refused to take.

The trek to the Marketplace is a long walk when one is wearing pool clothes. Coverup's are okay n the pool area, but through the resort? Not so much. Anyway, after long long waits, to place orders, there are no trays, and the CM finally says he will give me a dirty one. It goes downhill from there.

When I discussed this with teh management, they genuinely seemed surprised that teh CM's were that busy. It is Thanksgiving! That disconnect between staff and management was disconcerting. There is more, but this is just a snapshot.

I had the contact info for the resort general manager, and used it. She was awesome, but the whole thing left a very bad impression of this resort for my family.

Now all my negativity does not negate the positive aspects of this resort. If we remove the problems that I believe were caused by the HH refurb, the CM's were wonderful, friendly and knowledgeable. The resort was clean and neat, the pool and pool area was immaculate, the lifeguards attentive.
Old 07-13-2013, 06:55 AM   #52
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

Wow. Rough trip. Hopefully it was an aberration
Old 07-13-2013, 07:22 AM   #53
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbDave View Post
Wow. Rough trip. Hopefully it was an aberration
I'm sure it was, but my DH was really disgusted by the entire experience, and told me he was never staying there again, if he ever went back to Disney. and he was the Disney fanatic in the family.

I believe that there is a disconnect between departments and that may be linked to the size. For instance, we had been told that the purchase with purchase promotion could be in total, so if we kept our receipts from shop to shop, we cold make take advantage of the offer. DD wanted the watch and added a receipt from earlier in the day to complete the obligation. The CM was rude, and refused to accept the previous receipt. So DD was embarrassed, by the commotion the CM made, and gave up. This was after the whole Marketplace fiasco and so I went to speak to a manager. One of the CM's standing by teh concierge desk said manager was busy but he wanted to hear my concern. Turned out he as a manager, and he insisted on rectifying the problem. All I wanted was the watch, which I was willing to pay for, but he sent up the watch, free of charge and also added money onto our account to be used towards dinner. Way above what I wanted, but appreciated.

The next day DD has CS credits left and asked the concierge at the desk if they can be converted to snacks. Concierge calls down to the marketplace, and gets an affirmative, so she tells DD go for it. Doesn't my DD get shot down and chastised for asking. She told the Cm about the call but was still scolded for that! DD is not confrontational so I was surprised to see her go to the desk to complain, and was there for at least 30 minutes because no one knew what to do. By then she did not care about those silly rice krispie treat things, she was furious!

I have been in customer service all of my adult life so I tend to observe a lot. I think that there are several "levels" of staff at the BC, and a general lack of communication between departments, as well as communication between management. The HH refurb just brought it all to the surface, and we happened to experience that in several different areas. Normally we would have missed a lot of it, but because of the Holiday crowds, and the length of our stay, well............
I will say that after I made that last call when we got home, I felt that as a whole, Disney does want people to feel that they have gotten a fair value for their money, and they did offer us compensation. Again, not at all what I was calling for, but we did appreciate that they wanted to replace that sour taste we had. I doubt we will take them up on their offer, but it was made in good faith, so what more can anyone ask?
Old 07-13-2013, 07:32 AM   #54
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

Communication def seems to be at the root of a lot of the problems. CMs should not be scolding anyone if any age.
The purchase problem could easily have been averted on their end by making sure employees have a clear understanding of the process. We are staying at BC in early August and I hope things are better
Old 07-13-2013, 08:04 AM   #55
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbDave View Post
Communication def seems to be at the root of a lot of the problems. CMs should not be scolding anyone if any age.
The purchase problem could easily have been averted on their end by making sure employees have a clear understanding of the process. We are staying at BC in early August and I hope things are better
My DD is 35 years old I think it was all communication. I believe that if that was the only thing, we wold to have been upset at all, these things happen. Hopefully, the feedback I shared with the manager made some sort of difference. In my job we took work that was outsourced from other companies, and communication was key in ensuring that we were all on the same page, with follow up from management when there were discrepancies.

I also think that your experience will be so much better. HH is completed, and the sheer volume of guests we were part of will not be present during your stay.
Old 07-24-2013, 03:02 PM   #56
starousse
DIS Veteran

My family and I just returned from the BC a little over a month ago. Even though we had a wonderful and memorable trip, the accommodations were not up to par.

Check in was horrible, but that's a whole other discussion.
We had a garden view room, which looked as though it was not cleaned after the last guests. There was no shower curtain up, black hair all over the bathroom floor and toilet, black and sticky stuff on the carpet. My husband was furious and insisted on leaving and going to the WL, which we loved the year before.

I went downstairs, spoke with the manager and was moved into an upgraded room the next morning. Although cleaner, it was still in pretty tired condition, broken toilet lever, wall paper shriveled up and peeling in the bathroom, our sheets weren't changed once. Went to bed one night and found heaps of sand in it. When called for housekeeping, they said that they only change sheets if you ask. Ok, for $450 a night, I would expect the housekeeper to see the gravel in the bed and change the sheet. Oh well.

I can honestly say that I probably would not return to the BC, unless there was some super promotion going on. Location was fabulous, pool was great and the outside was very pretty, however the service and cleanliness needs some help.
starousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:25 PM   #57
Mamise 62
Earning My Ears

Had a fantastic stay . . .

last July. Clean room, well kept hallways and common areas, friendly and attentive staff. An outstanding experience.
Mamise 62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:02 PM   #58
goofyredraider
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamise 62 View Post
last July. Clean room, well kept hallways and common areas, friendly and attentive staff. An outstanding experience.
And see, last June- I had a fantastic experience.
This June, not so much. :/

DS(8) DS (11)DD (12)

POR July 2011, POR May 2012, BC June 2012 ; POFQ, AKL, & BC June 2013 (23 night stay!!); POR December 2013,
ASMo for Princess Half Marathon- February 2014
AoA/POFQ split stay - June 2014
**COMING SOON*** Disneyland July 2014
goofyredraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:35 PM   #59
Mamise 62
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyredraider View Post
And see, last June- I had a fantastic experience.
This June, not so much. :/
Certainly would be disappointing if things deteriorated that significantly in a year.
Mamise 62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:55 PM   #60
mrsclark
Mouseketeer

BC versus BCV

Eek! Now I am getting worried too! we stayed at BC last year and BCV the year before that!

This year we will be staying at BCV again in September. I have to say we much prefer the BCV - the rooms are a lot newer, so they seem less beat up. The lobby of the BC is loud, but other than that it is a nice, relaxing, calm resort.

We were also thinking about YC or even Poly or GF - hopefully, we made the right choice! We love SAB!

2013 - BCV (MNSSHP too!) plus Loews RP at US/IOA
2013 - Disney Magic Cruise - one day port adventure at WDW
2012 - BC (MNSSHP & Epcot F&W too!)
2011 - BCV (MNSSHP too!)
2009 - AKL (MNSSHP & Epcot F&W too!) plus Loews RP at US/IOA
2007 -Honeymoon at AKL (MNSSHP & Epcot F& W too!)

2005 - All Star Music - college spring break with my mom!
1995 - Dixie Landings/ 1993 - All Star Sports/ 1992 and Earlier - 3-4+ Offsite trips - for an exact count ask my mom!
mrsclark is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: