Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2013, 12:42 PM   #1
mickeyway
Mouseketeer

Beach Club Neg. Reviews

I was just on a review site and was surprised at how many neg. reviews that were posted for the BC. The majority of the reviews stated that it is dirty and gross and mousekeeping is horrible. I am set to go in just three weeks and have really went over budget for this trip. I am very nervous about my trip now as I had to really sell it to my DH. Anyone there recently that can share some insight on the state of the rooms? Also if it is really bad how hard is it to get moved somewhere anywhere else?
Wilderness Lodge 10,08,06,04
mickeyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:53 PM   #2
karenklo
DIS Veteran

I would love to know too as that is where I thinking about staying next year!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2013, 12:57 PM   #3
Marthasor
DIS Veteran

We stayed there in a GV room about 2 years ago and loved it! I didn't find it dirty or gross. The CM's there were excellent! We will be back in 6 weeks!
Marthasor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:58 PM   #4
Mayhem1976
Mouseketeer

We stayed there last August and I don't really have any complaints. I think so of the rugs were a little worn, but our room was always cleaned, no trouble with mousekeeping. But I admit that we are pretty easy going and don't notice things like that!

The staff was great, we had some trouble with tickets to the Aloha dinner and they gave our large group fast passes.
Mayhem1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:01 PM   #5
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyway View Post
I was just on a review site and was surprised at how many neg. reviews that were posted for the BC. The majority of the reviews stated that it is dirty and gross and mousekeeping is horrible. I am set to go in just three weeks and have really went over budget for this trip. I am very nervous about my trip now as I had to really sell it to my DH. Anyone there recently that can share some insight on the state of the rooms? Also if it is really bad how hard is it to get moved somewhere anywhere else?
I would take any and all reviews with a grain of salt. We have not stayed at the BC recently so I can't comment on what kind of shape the resort is in, but every resort gets bad reviews, with some being worse than it actually is. We stayed at the Poly in 2007 and after booking, I read a lot of negative reviews about the resort (i.e., dirty rooms, bad housekeeping, etc) and I seriously considered changing resorts. After giving it some thought, I decided to stick with the Poly as it was at the top of our list of resorts to try. No regrets to this day keeping the Poly. Our stay was one of the best Disney vacations we have had (and all of them have been great). So my point is, what someone might report as being bad, someone else might not find it that way. With that said, if you do check in and find your room dirty, etc., you can ask for another room or ask to be moved to a different resort. Moving to a different resort can be done provided there is availability.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:01 PM   #6
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

The BC is a beautiful resort. We were there in August, and it was immaculate. It is a very busy resort, so I could see how Mousekeeping could occasionally get overwhelmed, but I wonder of the people posting the negative reviews picked up the phone and called Mousekeeping, or just let it go, then posted a nasty review? I think a lot of review sites are full of people with gripes.
Again, the BC is a beautiful resort, and the staff is outstanding. If something goes wrong or feels wrong when you get there, or while you'r there, pick up the phone and ask to speak to the powers that be.
I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time!
Scott MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:04 PM   #7
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Great resort!! Thus year will be our 4th time staying there
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie

ocalla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:24 PM   #8
davale4
Love love watching my kids have fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyway View Post
Hope you have better luck than we did! We stayed at BC Club level and the room and bathroom were FILTHY. It was absolutely disgusting . The top of the toilet was full of dark urine and the tub was full of hair. The room itself was very nice....just dirty though. I know this can happen at any other hotel, but it happened to us at the Beach Club and really ruined it for us. It was so awful that we will NEVER EVER consider staying there again.

However, you could probably have different experience than ours and have the best time ever. We always stay at the GF RPC and love it there while others don't because they think it's "stuffy".

DH DW DD DS
davale4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:27 PM   #9
LittleStinkerbelle
DIS Veteran

We stayed at the BC in April and while I was much less than thrilled with our stay, the condition of the rooms was not something I had any issue with. Everything looked to be in good shape in our room and mousekeeping was good. The hallways, however, were in rough shape IMHO. The carpet consistently looked like it was in need of very good vacuuming (lots of crumbs and other debris) and it was buckled pretty badly - like ripples high enough that I felt I needed to look down when walking because I was afraid I'd get caught up and twist an ankle.

Planning a "super-secret" October F&WF weekend!

DFTVR - Memories Collection, October 2010 at Conch Key Marina
LittleStinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:30 PM   #10
snooty3
Earning My Ears

Beach Club Stay in May

We stayed for a week at the Beach Club in a one bedroom villa. It was spotless. And believe me I am a phobia about staying places other than my own home. Not a spec of dust under the fridge, on top of the shower rod, etc. You will love it and IF there is a problem, I would not hesitate to call the front desk and demand a cleaner room. Enjoy the pumped in scent of Aloe and Green Clover in the lobby too. We are going back in September and I can't wait. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!
Old 07-09-2013, 01:32 PM   #11
Mayhem1976
Mouseketeer

And it can happen anywhere. We were at MGM in Vegas and in my sisters room the bathroom was dirty. They called the desk, got housekeeping up right away and were given a free meal.

Let them know if it is dirty, so they can talk to housekeeping about it.
Mayhem1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:34 PM   #12
buzznina
DIS Veteran

Location: The White Sugar Beaches of the Florida Panhandle, Destin area. 7 hours away from the Magic Place.

BC is schedued for a refurb in October, it has been over 4 years since it's last refurb. If you have a big problem with your room, do not call the desk or mousekeeping, physically walk to the lobby and ask for a manager, this is really the best way to get things corrected.

DW DH DD(9) DD(4)

AKL-SV(2), POLY, GF(CL), CR, POFQ(3), POR(6)(RGR(2)), CSR(10), CBR, FW CABINS, BW, POP(3), ASMU(2), ASSP, ASMO and DLH

Last edited by buzznina; 07-09-2013 at 01:52 PM.
buzznina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:34 PM   #13
Dis703
DIS Veteran

There was a recent thread about this a week or two ago. I would take most online reviews with a grain of salt.

As for the condition of the resort we were there the end of May and had one Standard CL room and one Standard View room. Both were beautiful rooms, very clean and not at all run down. I think I noticed 2 very tiny things that showed a little wear but nothing that needed upgrading at this point. Several people in the last thread mentioned the hallways looking worn. I didn't even notice that really.

Mousekeeping was awesome while we were there. They did a great job and we had our first towel animals too.

I'm fairly picky about hotels and dirtiness would NEVER fly by me and I didn't have any issues while we were at the BC.

I loved it and just wish we could afford to stay there again.

Dis703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:35 PM   #14
kallanach
Earning My Ears

We stayed at BC on CL last summer. Room was clean. Service and mouse keeping excellent. Negatives are that the walls are paper thin. Our neighbors were very noisy at night! The resort was very crowded. I didn't care for the hotel restaurant. Pool is nice but very crowded. We are lucky to have a very nice pool in our home community, so some of the wow factor was not there for me. But I can understand why folks like it. We are trying AKL this summer. Will not return to BC.
kallanach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:44 PM   #15
bwifan
Mouseketeer

Don't sweat it. We went ths past June and while we'll probably never stay here again we still had a great time. The mousekeeping was spotty and it was very loud and busy. We realised this on day 2, shrugged our shoulders and focused on the awesome pool and its proximity to Epcot.

My personal favorite resort is the boardwalk and I'm sure I could find bad reviews of it somewhere. The beach club is a favorite of many people so they must be doing something right that we just don't get.
bwifan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: