Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2013, 08:38 PM   #31
LuvsMickey99
Earning My Ears

When we visited on my Birthday last year, we bought 5 balloons to hold while getting pictures with Mickey! When we were done, I gave the ballons to children in Toontown!
LuvsMickey99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:47 PM   #32
grumpyskirtgirl
Mouseketeer

I bought a child sizes pink pirate ear hat & handed it to a little girl who was there with her mom. She was wearing a homemade "my dad is my hero" shirt that showed him in full army gear with her on his shoulders.

When our boys are with us we always buy a few balloons and have them pick kids to give them to. It's a fun activity with the kids & they look forward to being on the lookout for a child who fits the parameters we have set to give a balloon to.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2013, 09:40 PM   #33
hootey
DIS Veteran

We stay at the DLH every visit these days so we have EE everyday. We ride most of the big rides during EE, therefore, I do not stand in long lines anymore. I will still get fast pass' for the big rides and give them to people in the late afternoon or early evening. Most of the people are truly surprised when I hand them four fast pass' for a ride and simply say to have fun.I do the same thing with the reserved seating pass' for Aladin Just a fun way to help spread a little Pixie Dust
hootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:28 PM   #34
OneoftheMels
Wearing My Ears

I love this thread! The times we have had a pass for 4/5 guests to any attraction (which they give when the ride you are on breaks down) we always pick people from the line to take with us. We also give away the FP we don't use before we leave the park. We have been able to give some Mickey balloons......I get our daughter to pick another child to give a balloon too. It always make both children happy, the one who gets the balloon and our daughter And same with pins. We have been able to give out a few collectible pins. This thread has given me ideas for future visits, especially ideas for kids in line! I know how hard it is to keep a 2 -3 year old going during a day with long line ups!

My own experience I will never forget....our daughter was overtired and we were riding the railroad, hoping it might calm her down. The family in front of us on the train had a little girl who had a stuffed Tigger toy. Our daughter was crying so much that the little girl turned around and gave her the Tigger toy to cheer her up. I didn't want to take it but the little girl and her mom insisted and it made all the difference in our crying daughter! She still loves the Tigger to this day and I am still touched by their kindness though I don't know who they are.
OneoftheMels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:27 AM   #35
brendahamlincoln
Mouseketeer

What a great thread! I've given out fast passes that we weren't going to use, but I'm getting great ideas for my February trip!
Old 07-11-2013, 11:40 AM   #36
Disneyland2013
Earning My Ears

This thread has made my day! So wonderful! We always give away fastpasses that we can't use but now I have some great ideas for our next trip!!!
Disneyland2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:12 PM   #37
hickorydickorydc
Earning My Ears

We just got back from DL two weeks ago. A couple days into our trip a little girl came up and offered my daughter a balloon! We loved that balloon for the next few days of our trip and on our last day we handed it off to another family that was just checking in to the hotel. They told us they would pass on the magic at the end of their trip!
hickorydickorydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:29 PM   #38
MomofIndigo
Mouseketeer

I love this thread.

We are going to pack extra bubbles. See what else I can come up with. I want to be part of the "spread the pixie dust magic" club.

Last edited by MomofIndigo; 07-11-2013 at 04:32 PM. Reason: I can't freakin' spell
MomofIndigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:57 PM   #39
ashley23
Party girl

I'm part of Tink's helpers by not giving people dirty looks when they push past me in the street.
ashley23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:22 PM   #40
Eclectic Goddess
My Ears are a Pair of Devil Horns

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley23 View Post
I'm part of Tink's helpers by not giving people dirty looks when they push past me in the street.
I used to tell myself that I was doing a good job because I hadn't made any small children cry. Somewhere along the way, Disney magic became infectious. Now I turn into one of those "Yay! It's Disneyland! Let's all have fun!" as soon as I step through the gates.

It frightens and confuses my friends.

Disneyland Trips
Fall 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 ~ Gay Days Anaheim
Winter 2013 ~ Off Season Magic
Fall 2014 ~ DF's Birthday Extravaganza!
*January 2015 ~ Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend*
*Spring 2015 ~ Star Wars Celebration*

Orlando Trips
Fall 2010 ~ Harry Potter Emersion Therapy / Visit to the ‘World
Spring 2012 ~ Taking the HLP on Holiday!
Spring 2014 ~ Princess Half Marathon Weekend / Wizarding World
Eclectic Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:43 PM   #41
Disney Dudette
Mouseketeer

These were great to read! We like to make mousekeeping envelopes and decorate them nice and leave nice tips for our mouse keepers for pixie dust in the hotel. And in the parks, we too, have given out our fast passes.
Disney Dudette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 06:02 PM   #42
dtnrhi
Mouseketeer

We also had some random CMs in tomorrowland come out of their store and give my brother a big stuffed Mickey while we were on his wish trip. Wish I had gotten their names but I was on space mountain when it happened.
dtnrhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 05:39 AM   #43
elphaba91
Mouseketeer

I love these ideas! I'm going to try to think of something for our trip. Do you think it would be nice for international visitors to have random trinkets from their home country to hand out to people met in queues or on rides (we'll be a group of 3 this time, so think that might happen a bit). E.g. If I ride Dumbo with a total stranger, would it be nice or weird if I gave them a koala keyring or an Aussie pen?
elphaba91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:05 AM   #44
Piper23
DIS Veteran

My daughter and I went in the single riders line for Radiators Springs to save time waiting. I ended up in the back seat of a car with a single mom and her young son, maybe 5 or 6 years old. The boy told me all about the ride and what to expect, I think it was his 2nd or 3rd time and he was so excited and had a lot of fun on the ride. When we got off I gave the mom my coupon for a free 5x7 (I received when I booked my trip) so they could get a copy of the ride photo. :-)

Disneyland! Disneyland! Disneyland!
Disney Wonder- Western Caribbean, October 2013
Piper23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:58 AM   #45
Freesia123
DIS Veteran

I appreciate anything anyone gives me. If you strike up a conversation and offer a koala pin unless they are total beeps, they will be flattered and pleased! I know I would be!
Freesia123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: