Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 08:47 PM   #76
baggirl
Mouseketeer

Is there a favorite room at YC CL? And why? Thanks!!
Old 07-09-2013, 08:54 PM   #77
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggirl View Post
Is there a favorite room at YC CL? And why? Thanks!!
What view have you booked (Standard, Garden, Water)?

What is important to your family?
Location- Near Lobby/SAB/Transportation? Away from Elevators?
Daybed?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2013, 09:01 PM   #78
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Dee - everything looks great! This truly is one of the most informative resort threads! Great work

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post

Damn I tried!!!

anyway I was busy posting on a closed board!!!! So here is what I posted over there...

Well... here it is t-minus 14 hours until departure time and what happens.....

my travel buddy CANNOT come..... Her dad has been very sick and well... the end is near **insert very sad face here**.... so it seems I am solo on this whole trip. I quickly called Disney to cancel her portion of the tours that were booked... and the dessert party is now a table for one... Dining reservations I will play with tonight...This is soo sad Anyway I am all packed and ready to go. I arrive at MCO at 8:36 and will now head directly to ME since I won't have to wait for my friends plane to land and then it's directly to the pool for a sunken treasure! I'll be posting live reports while there, so until then... tata for now!!

~N
So sorry to hear about your friend's Dad.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 07-09-2013, 09:25 PM   #79
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

Phew! Missed a few days due to travel, finally got caught up on the old thread and here we are on the new one!

Thanks again Dee for maintaining the best thread on the DIS - people are so nice here it's the closest I can get to that Disney feeling without hopping on a plane!

me miss J my little princess (2)
Old 07-09-2013, 09:28 PM   #80
HockeyMomR
DIS Veteran

Hey Dee- know you are busy. But we have officially changed our September trip and arrive a day earlier. Very excited. So we are are still YC but now September 17 - 22. Thanks! Hope you have a great week and wonderful trip.

Rebecca

* 01/01 - BC * 11/01 - BC * 04/03 - BC * 04/04 - YC * 03/05 AKL / BC * 05/06 - AKL/Poly * 07/07-WL/YC/GF *
* 01/08 (mother/daughter trip) - POR * 08/08-YC * 4/09 (ladies trip)-Dolphin * 07/10-BC * 9/13-YC* 4/14-WL*

Old 07-09-2013, 09:30 PM   #81
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

I found you (thanks for the forwarding address, Dee!)

Last thing I posted on the old thread was a tip of the hat to Ninja Mom for her terrific sense of humor. Didn't want that to go unsaid on here!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
Old 07-09-2013, 09:32 PM   #82
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the new thread Dee. Looks great.

Old 07-09-2013, 09:51 PM   #83
WDWgirl413
Mouseketeer

LOL. Of course, why should the day end here- at that made me laugh (from the old thread).

Dee, thanks for all you do & keeping the best resort thread going. It is appreciated!!

Anyway, about that drink... What time does Hurricane Hanna's open in Saturdays? It's going to bee a mad dash from check in to beverage.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 07-09-2013, 09:56 PM   #84
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlake View Post
The Princess Half is going fast, isn't it? It jumped up to 50% sold within the first few hours. I "ran" it in 2012 and it was lots of fun! I'm going again for 2014 but the training is going to be brutal this time as I need to pick up my speed. I'd love to know what it's like to run at DL after your race!
Yay for the 2014 Princess 1/2! Would love to hear about your experiences in 2012 and again next year! I don't think the DL 1/2 marathon course is as festive as the WDW one, but it will be fun for a 10K. Any runDisney tips for me?

These runDisney event sell out so quickly - not enough time for my husband to change his mind and agree to register! I had visions of the Princess 1/2 and a BC stay in 2014, but that's not looking likely.

I'll be sure to report back on the DL 10K in August!
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

August 2014: Last Minute WDW (ASMu)
January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL, GF, BWI!)
August 2015: DL Half Marathon!
Old 07-09-2013, 10:05 PM   #85
lalijack
Will work for tags
Too bad there isn't a place to study the Tag Fairies in their natural habitat, eh?

Nice job on the snazzy new digs, Dee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I don't like the feel of the ponchos.

Blech, me neither. Maybe because I am on the low end of tall (5'2"), but I feel like ponchos channel ALL the rain into my shoes. Plus, we are always at WDW in July, so wearing a poncho makes me feel sticky and gross. I'd rather just get rained on and deal with it. Good thing I'm preshrunk.

Found out today that my cousin and his wife rescheduled their summer vacation to coincide with part of ours. They are DVC members (BLT), plus they all fly free because of my cousin's job, so they go about 5 or 6 times every year. They were at my house for my 4th of July party and we started talking about Disney, and their 9 y.o. son thought it would be fun to spend some time together in the parks. He's an only child, so it'll be fun for him to have my kids to hang out with. They are booked at Saratoga Springs, but waitlisted for BC. Now to see if they can piggyback on any of our ADR's.....

Me DH DS14 DD12
Old 07-09-2013, 10:21 PM   #86
Babooagain
Earning My Ears

Yay! Great new home you made for all of us Dee! Thanks so much!
Old 07-09-2013, 10:25 PM   #87
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
I found you (thanks for the forwarding address, Dee!)

Last thing I posted on the old thread was a tip of the hat to Ninja Mom for her terrific sense of humor. Didn't want that to go unsaid on here!
Thanks for the lovin! I truly enjoy hanging out here and pestering y'all with my 'helpful' tips and non trip reports!

~NM
Old 07-09-2013, 10:53 PM   #88
catho72
DIS Veteran

Ninja Mom, I think you are spot on with your trip reporting for Dee! I'm sure she appreciates you doing this for her! You forgot to mention about her tryst with Doug Flutie in the hot tub and made no mention of her drinking in the laundry room....oh that's right, she ran out of clean clothes hence the need to go home!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

2/02 Holiday Inn (now Nick Hotel) 2/08 POR 9/08 POR 6/09 Regal Sun/Windsor Hills 7/10 Windsor Hills 7/11 Windsor Hills/AKL/BLT 7/12 Beach Club/AKL 7/13 BC CL 2/14 POP/SSR for PHM weekend 6/14 POR/BC CL/AoA split stay

Old 07-09-2013, 10:55 PM   #89
laura428
DIS Veteran

Oh my GOODNESS have you guys been busy!! I've missed a few days of lurking/posting and I've got pages and pages to read! :D. I do have news, though...

Drum roll.....

I'm registered for the Princess Half Marathon!!!!

I'm excited, scared, freaking out, but mostly very happy. Lots of training to do to get ready, but I've got lots of lead time (8 months). I'm also going on my own - very tough decision. DH and I agreed that having the kids there would make it tough to get the rest I'll need pre and post race, so a solo trip it is. Never thought I'd do Disney without the family! There is a chance that one of my best friends may join me. And if she is, I may consider getting a room at BC. I just can't justify it on my own, especially when we'll have just been there in October, but if it's split two ways...? That might work. It honestly would be so nice to be able to walk back for a restful afternoon at BC after the race is done. If my legs will be able to carry me there by then. :D

K... off to bed if I can quash the excitement enough to fall asleep...
2014 Princess Half Marathon
Old 07-09-2013, 11:00 PM   #90
Tarheel girl 1975
Supposed Former Fastpass Hoarder

Thanks for starting the new thread Dee! I got behind on the other thread while I was on vacation and I don't think I was ever going to catch up. I have to admit that I'm a little concerned about refurbs going on while we are there on our trip.
Previous Trips: 1990 Disneyland Hotel, 1991 Magic Music Days, 1996 Magic Music Days, Oct 2008 POP, May 2009 Poly, Sept. 2009 BWI, January 2011 CBR, Sept/Oct 2012 POR, Sept/Oct 2013 Beach Club Upcoming Trips: Sept/Oct 2014 POFQ and YC
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: