Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 10:42 AM   #751
jbharr1
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Girl View Post
Hope this works this screen is what I am now welcomed with on MDE
Long time thread stalker here but wanted to reply that I received the FP+ option in MDE this morning, too. Myself, DW, D1, D1 (preemie twins), MIL, SIL are in my party. We have two rooms at YC AUG 25-31. booked that deal that others have talked about. We will be looking at selections tonight when I get MIL registered with MDE and linked to me. Right now I can only do selections for me and DW.
I did notice that today was the first time I noticed my park tickets registered onthe site. Guessing that was the trigger.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:47 AM   #752
jakeybake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
I'm home FINALLY. Got home at 2 AM. Long long day ... never again will I change planes in Denver! Not a good end to a wonderful vacation. Only got 4 hours sleep so I'll have to catch up here later today.

I have a smile on my face thinking of Dee checking in today!
Welcome back! Same thing happens to us at JFK once. I haven't flown on a connecting flight since!

So glad you and Bob got to spend such a great vacation with your two best girls!!

Jay
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2013, 11:06 AM   #753
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

So awesome that FP+ is rolling out.

Of course you don't have to do it, but I would love to try it

Welcome back Teena!
Old 07-16-2013, 11:11 AM   #754
wlake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh dear LORD!!!

hyperventilating....

DD6 just asked "how many days", I figured I'd like to purchase our PP+ now too...

I logged into MDE to check (still don't know yet how many days)

and.........

I am able to make FP+ selections...apparently

feeling verclempt ...gonna try this...hope I can "tweak" it later...
Thank you so much for posting this!!! I went straight to the site and was able to customize MagicBands and make FP+ selections! My children now think I am wonderful -- quite the step up from two hours ago, let me tell you. I am so excited!!

FWIW, we staying at YC, garden view, Aug. 3 - 9, booked all through Disney's website back in May with a RO discount. After much debate, we did upgrade to CL two days ago, but it's standard view because that's all that was left. The boys don't know -- we're not telling them until we reach the 5th floor.

I'm left with one concern/question that I'm off to research -- can we still get regular paper FPs? We have one day where we know we're park hopping midday and don't want to be tied to FPs at one park, plus, it would be nice to have more than 3 in a day. With a little bit of planning, you can easily have more than 3 paper ones.

Edited to add: nope, no paper FPs with FP+. You have one or the other for your tickets. We're going to have to think more more carefully about rope drop strategies now!

Last edited by wlake; 07-16-2013 at 11:34 AM.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:11 AM   #755
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringingUpDisney View Post
Sounds like great fun! So glad you are enjoying all the tours, if I was playing Disney pub trivia I would want you on my team!
Lol! Funny!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom View Post
Sounds like a great tour! I love anything "behind the scenes" How do you find out about those?
Glad you got moved ok! Enjoy!
As someone already said just go to the disney website and click on things to do... there are lots of choices!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbDave View Post
Nannette, ever listen to Kathy Werling's podcast about the Steam Train Tours? Sounds fascinating
Never listened, but I can tell you that tour was fascinating!! I loved it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
I asked my husband if he was interested in booking any of these tours and he responded that he was worried that it would ruin the Disney magic if he saw how things worked. Did you ever feel that way? Does knowing how the effects are made spoil the ride for you? I would love to see all the "secrets".
This is why a lot of the tours are 16 and older... they don't want to ruin the magic! I don't think it has spoiled anything for me... more like enhanced it! It's a lot of fun to see how things work... yesterday learning how one scene in the Haunted Mansion works was amazing... and finding out Walt was ahead way beyond his years is so cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
Just had an image of Mike Myers saying "Talk amongst yourselves"

We have had that feeling too.... Taking the plunge this November and doing KTTK. We did Behind the Seeds tour last year and loved it. Great 'gateway' tour.
Mike you will love keys.. I suggest the Marceline Tour as well.. they go hand and hand!

Quote:
I'm home FINALLY. Got home at 2 AM. Long long day ... never again will I change planes in Denver! Not a good end to a wonderful vacation. Only got 4 hours sleep so I'll have to catch up here later today.

So glad you had such a wonderful time, but so sorry you had a bad experience in Denver! Rest up!!!

Ok off to Downtown Disney for some lunch... sadly today is my last day! Dee if you check in email or call me or I will call you in a while to find out about tonight!! Can't wait hope we are still on!!

~N
Old 07-16-2013, 11:13 AM   #756
mistysue
DIS Veteran

We will be at YC Aug 18-30... it's letting me do our bands and FP+ as of this morning. Just as an FYI - We only have 5 day tickets linked but it's letting me do more days than that. It didn't even show us the dead links people have had until I linked our tickets, so the tickets seem to trigger the ability to get into the system but it is not limited to how many days you have paid for (yet!)

I like vacations.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:14 AM   #757
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Quote:

On our April trip, we had connection flights both ways (Baltimore on the way down & NYC on the way home)....and both were heavily delayed, delaying the Disney magic on the front, and delaying me getting to bed before starting work about 6 hours later on the way home. I really believe that direct flights are worth the extra money, but sadly, never mind the price, they're not always available.

Quote:
Ok. Question of the day.
Do you think Dee will have tears of joy as she walks into BC today or jump up and down like a little girl ?

Dee. We will need an answer.
I think we need her kissing the floor, then her going all NinjaMom when she realizes the greeter today isn't Teena.

Quote:
Hope this works this screen is what I am now welcomed with on MDE
http://pbckt.com/pd.KcE9nk
Woohoo! Exciting! I'm hoping this system (FP+ and MagicBands) are fully operational in December. Does anyone know when full implementation is supposed to occur?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringingUpDisney View Post
We are doing CL and have no interest in DDP free or otherwise. I am not so patiently waiting for the hopes of a RO discount for GP, AP, or DV card holders. I'm a little nervous about our dates as they are excluded from FD anyway and may not get any RO love either. Looks like word got out on the 1st week of December and it won't be uncrowded any more. :-(
Eeek. I'm nervous too! Our dates are 12/4-12/8....hotel rooms are hard to come by....ADRs are becoming hard to come by. I thought this time of year would be cake...and yes, we're really hoping for a RO or AP discount. We're currently booked for a SV room at BWI...but with the right discount, I could see us getting a LV or CL. *fingers crossed*
Old 07-16-2013, 11:35 AM   #758
jakeybake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlake View Post
Thank you so much for posting this!!! I went straight to the site and was able to customize MagicBands and make FP+ selections! My children now think I am wonderful -- quite the step up from two hours ago, let me tell you. I am so excited!!

FWIW, we staying at YC, garden view, Aug. 3 - 9, booked all through Disney's website back in May with a RO discount. After much debate, we did upgrade to CL two days ago, but it's standard view because that's all that was left. The boys don't know -- we're not telling them until we reach the 5th floor.

I'm left with one concern/question that I'm off to research -- can we still get regular paper FPs? We have one day where we know we're park hopping midday and don't want to be tied to FPs at one park, plus, it would be nice to have more than 3 in a day. With a little bit of planning, you can easily have more than 3 paper ones.
Our resort reservation, passes and dining are all listed on MDE but we don't have the option of FP+ or MagicBands. The links are there but when I click on them it doesn't allow me to make them.

Guess I'm not one of the lucky ones. Congrats to all who can do it. Sounds pretty cool!!

Jay
Old 07-16-2013, 11:48 AM   #759
outahere

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeybake View Post
Our resort reservation, passes and dining are all listed on MDE but we don't have the option of FP+ or MagicBands. The links are there but when I click on them it doesn't allow me to make them.

Guess I'm not one of the lucky ones. Congrats to all who can do it. Sounds pretty cool!!

Jay
When I first tried the FP+ link I was having problems. I was using Firefox as my browser, so I decided to try Internet Explorer, and it worked using that. I was able to link our APs and make FP+ selections, so if you're not using IE you might want to give that a try (I also had to update my version of IE as well). It may also be that your dates aren't valid for FP+/MagicBands.

Disney Magic - April, 2004 / EB Panama Canal crossing - August, 2005 / Thanksgiving, 2006 / April, 2009 / February, 2011 / March, 2014
Disney Wonder - September, 2002 / April, 2007 / April, 2008 / Thanksgiving, 2009 / April, 2010
Disney Dream - April, 2011 / August, 2012 / February, 2014
Polynesian CL - August, 2004 / April, 2010 / August, 2010 / October, 2013
Yacht Club CL - August, 2011 / April, 2012 / August, 2012 / August, 2013 / April, 2014 / June, 2014
Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf CL - February, 2013
Wilderness Lodge CL - December, 2013 / November, 2014
OKW - February, 2012 / June, 2013
VWL - August, 2006
WDW - offsite, more times than I can count since 1978
S/S Norway - 1984, 1985, 1991
Norwegian Pearl - Alaska - August, 2007
Old 07-16-2013, 12:02 PM   #760
Schmoodle
DIS Veteran

Hello, All - just two more weeks and change until we are checking in!

To those who have the Fastpass+ option, I haven't linked my tickets to the RO reservation because I wasn't sure I wanted the Fastpass+ if it became available. Now that it looks like it may be available, I need to rethink this...
DS does like to sleep in on vacation. Here's what I understand:

If I link the tickets, we may or may not be chosen to use FP+. I will know if that option becomes available on MDE.
If we are able to use it, we have the option not to, and will still be able to use regular FP.
I we choose to use FP+, we will not be able to use regular FP.
Am I right about this?

And regarding Magic Bands, I understand these are not necessarily linked to FP+, but if we have tickets purchased through UT, can we swap out for the bands after we check in? Will we have a choice? And if we do get the bands, then how will regular FP work?

Thanks, I have tried to read through some of the threads on this but they all have a million posts and lots of speculation.

1974 - Family Camping Trip
January 1991 - Family Trip to Westgate Vacation Villas
May 1996 - Best Girlfriend's Trip, Vacation Villas at Fantasy World
July 1998 - Hottest Trip Ever! Parkway International Resort
December 2002 - Multi-Family Dance Trip to Sheraton Vistana Resort
December 2004 - Anthony and Gabbie's First Visit (Can't remember the name of the condo and don't want to try)
October 2008 - The Kids and I stay at Marrott Grande Vista
September 2009 - The Quest for Grownup Food and CSR (First On-Site) stay
January 2010 - Gabbie's Birthday Trip to Carribean Beach Resort and Wilderness Lodge
March 2010 - Sneaking away from work for a day at Epcot and the Boardwalk Inn
August 2011 - Cheating on Mickey Trip

Old 07-16-2013, 12:21 PM   #761
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Getting caught up, what happened in Denver? We use Denver a lot, ESP in summer to avoid possible storms with transferring in Houston. In winter we do the reverse, and avoid Denver!! But we love Denver airport. Sorry you had a bad experience.

Quote:
100 thousand percent sure! Although I wasn't sure at first

I will say...it is pretty cool, as much as I hate change, I do like to sleep and am not a fan of "having" to get up early on vacation-so I "booked" our slots later in the day. I only did half our trip so far...gonna wait for the other half a bit later, like when DH gets home from work and also see if our ILs are among the "chosen" as well. We are with them at SSR the "back end" of our trip.

Ordered our magic bands too...yellow for me, blue for 2 of the girls, green for the other and red for DH.

It does leave me wondering when the "official" rollout actually will be....

Oh and by the way 29 days....
Nothing for me but we have APs so maybe that's why . And they aren't the new RFID ones so they can't be linked to my acct either.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 07-16-2013, 12:24 PM   #762
OregonMomToWDW
DIS Veteran

I read this on the August 2013 thread:

There is another test of MagicBands and FP+ beginning Aug 2nd - 25th, only at POP, CR, AKL and YC.

If you are doing a split stay at one of these resorts during the time frame, then the FP+ option would be available for those days. So, YC gets to test, BC doesn't. I don't know whether to feel relieved or sad that we are staying BC.

PTR: 1 Summer, 2 Coasts, 3 Kids...Ready, Set, Go! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51560086
Old 07-16-2013, 12:40 PM   #763
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok. Question of the day.
Do you think Dee will have tears of joy as she walks into BC today or jump up and down like a little girl ?

Dee. We will need an answer.
I vote for then

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Quick update. We are having a blast spending most of our day at the park. Only coming back to room for short breaks to change out of wet ride clothes. All set to check into the beach club mid day tomorrow after a few final hours at the dark side.

Only met up with buzzy once so far during our trip at three broomsticks for lunch.

Heard from teena. Her flight to Denver was delayed so she missed her connection. She did finally take off and will probably arrive home around midnight.

Teena just heard it was due to flight delay, but don't give up on Denver, that can happen at any airport.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 07-16-2013, 12:46 PM   #764
wlake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoodle View Post
Hello, All - just two more weeks and change until we are checking in!

To those who have the Fastpass+ option, I haven't linked my tickets to the RO reservation because I wasn't sure I wanted the Fastpass+ if it became available. Now that it looks like it may be available, I need to rethink this...
DS does like to sleep in on vacation. Here's what I understand:

If I link the tickets, we may or may not be chosen to use FP+. I will know if that option becomes available on MDE.
If we are able to use it, we have the option not to, and will still be able to use regular FP.
I we choose to use FP+, we will not be able to use regular FP.
Am I right about this?

And regarding Magic Bands, I understand these are not necessarily linked to FP+, but if we have tickets purchased through UT, can we swap out for the bands after we check in? Will we have a choice? And if we do get the bands, then how will regular FP work?

Thanks, I have tried to read through some of the threads on this but they all have a million posts and lots of speculation.
I don't know anything about swapping out bands, but I do know if you use FP+ you can't use the regular FPs. I found that on Disney's very own website, so I feel confident in that information. I'm disappointed, but I hope it'll be worth it to not have to run pell mell across the park with everyone's tickets to get Soarin' or TSMM FPs. I do think it'll mean fewer rides on some of our big favorites.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:11 PM   #765
Schmoodle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonMomToWDW View Post
I read this on the August 2013 thread:

There is another test of MagicBands and FP+ beginning Aug 2nd - 25th, only at POP, CR, AKL and YC.

If you are doing a split stay at one of these resorts during the time frame, then the FP+ option would be available for those days. So, YC gets to test, BC doesn't. I don't know whether to feel relieved or sad that we are staying BC.
So this means I don't have to worry about FP+ either way, kind of relieved to not have to make that choice!

And thanks wlake for the info you posted!

1974 - Family Camping Trip
January 1991 - Family Trip to Westgate Vacation Villas
May 1996 - Best Girlfriend's Trip, Vacation Villas at Fantasy World
July 1998 - Hottest Trip Ever! Parkway International Resort
December 2002 - Multi-Family Dance Trip to Sheraton Vistana Resort
December 2004 - Anthony and Gabbie's First Visit (Can't remember the name of the condo and don't want to try)
October 2008 - The Kids and I stay at Marrott Grande Vista
September 2009 - The Quest for Grownup Food and CSR (First On-Site) stay
January 2010 - Gabbie's Birthday Trip to Carribean Beach Resort and Wilderness Lodge
March 2010 - Sneaking away from work for a day at Epcot and the Boardwalk Inn
August 2011 - Cheating on Mickey Trip

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: