Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 07:05 PM   #3676
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Checking in next Saturday for two nights over the long weekend! We got the magic band invites and we're super excited to try them out! Are the chances of getting a King bed greater when you check in early in the morning? We had the CM note it on the reservation.

Old 08-21-2013, 07:34 PM   #3677
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifey View Post
Had dinner at BK and left the park to return to the hotel for some stuff from the shop including bits for the wrist bands . Just chilling out waiting for the rain to stop.
Great update!

How do the bits stick to the wrist bands? They are so cute.

Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2013, 07:40 PM   #3678
wifey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post

Holy Smokes!!!

Awesome photos! This last one is incredible. EPCOT is on FIRE!
Yes it looked amazing all the buildings at the WS lit up in order and as each one was highlighted in this way the fireworks changed. The full moon was truly spectacular.

Going to US tomorrow to try some things we have never done before. We had our first Butter beer today it's quite pleasant like apple juice mixed with cream soda topped with a toffee flavoured froth.
The pot stickers fruits and dips and beers and wines in the lounge have been great and the staff have provided us with water on request before we have gone out each day. The maid has been great too. I can understand why the bosses in suits want to refurb the rooms the fittings are very beaten up from guest use, varnish missing from areas the other pieces are deeply scratched and worn BUT the beds are amazingly comfortable.

Food Report 2009 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2204927

Trip Report 2009 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2286975

Trip Report 2007 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1508500[img]

June 1998 Comfort Inn LBV, November 2000 AS Music Jazz 2510, September 2002 SpringHill Suites MV, February 2004 AS Movies Purdey 4960, June 2005 Comfort Inn LBV, November 2005 Sequoia Lodge DLRP Last trip 21st June 2007 AS Movies,September 2009 First time at Port Orleans French Quarter,Next trip Yacht club (club level)August 2013
Me DH NielDS Ethan
Old 08-21-2013, 07:53 PM   #3679
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagirl61 View Post

Look what came today, all at once. We are so excited! I couldn't even fit them all in the picture. We have 2 sets of the multi-colored ones at the top of the pic for our first and last night stay at POP, we have 2 sets of the green ones for our BC CL stay, and the orange set is for our BCV stay. Can't wait for September 6th to get here!
It's like a Magic Band buffet!
Old 08-21-2013, 07:54 PM   #3680
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
Checking in next Saturday for two nights over the long weekend! We got the magic band invites and we're super excited to try them out! Are the chances of getting a King bed greater when you check in early in the morning? We had the CM note it on the reservation.
Rooms are usually assigned a few days out, whenever possible, so it shouldn't matter the time of day you check in. Your request should be noted, and if there is a room with a King bed available, hopefully it will be assigned to you. Best you can do is ask at check-in and if a room with a King Bed is not available then, let them know if you are willing to switch later in your trip.

Quote:
Yes it looked amazing all the buildings at the WS lit up in order and as each one was highlighted in this way the fireworks changed. The full moon was truly spectacular.

Going to US tomorrow to try some things we have never done before. We had our first Butter beer today it's quite pleasant like apple juice mixed with cream soda topped with a toffee flavoured froth.
The pot stickers fruits and dips and beers and wines in the lounge have been great and the staff have provided us with water on request before we have gone out each day. The maid has been great too. I can understand why the bosses in suits want to refurb the rooms the fittings are very beaten up from guest use, varnish missing from areas the other pieces are deeply scratched and worn BUT the beds are amazingly comfortable.
Frozen or regular butter beer? We love the frozen!
Old 08-21-2013, 07:55 PM   #3681
McQueen2013
Earning My Ears

Old 08-21-2013, 07:56 PM   #3682
wlake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Had dinner at BK and left the park to return to the hotel for some stuff from the shop including bits for the wrist bands . Just chilling out waiting for the rain to stop.
We thought those were so cute, but wondered if they would be bulky. The bands themselves were unobtrusive -- do the little bits make them clunky? I loved the ones with each park symbol!
Old 08-21-2013, 07:59 PM   #3683
wifey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetMom View Post

Great update!

How do the bits stick to the wrist bands? They are so cute.
These ones just pop through from the front a little like the Jibbits in Crocs but you don't need a back gripper ..they are very secure though, DS Ethan chose the 4 park pack and DH Niel has the Phineas and Ferb with Perry 3 pack. We did find some 3 packs where you just slide the strap through the magic band add ons, I'm on the look out for some charms for my bracelet too. They are not at all bulky or awkward to have on the wrist bands.

Food Report 2009 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2204927

Trip Report 2009 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2286975

Trip Report 2007 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1508500[img]

June 1998 Comfort Inn LBV, November 2000 AS Music Jazz 2510, September 2002 SpringHill Suites MV, February 2004 AS Movies Purdey 4960, June 2005 Comfort Inn LBV, November 2005 Sequoia Lodge DLRP Last trip 21st June 2007 AS Movies,September 2009 First time at Port Orleans French Quarter,Next trip Yacht club (club level)August 2013
Me DH NielDS Ethan
Old 08-21-2013, 08:19 PM   #3684
natebenma
DIS Veteran

"Hey, Sully! What's behind the door?"

"Dunno Mike. Maybe we should check it out".

2013 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Fun and Friends: *** NEW THREAD *** August 2013

It's a brand new thread!!!

Let's move the fun over there- I will try to bump any outstanding questions from the last few pages over there in the morning, but if you are still looking for some information, please ask over there.

See you on the other side!

PLEASE DO NOT POST HERE ON THIS THREAD!!!

Old 08-22-2013, 05:07 AM   #3685
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagirl61 View Post

Yes, each stay is a different set. I didn't know that at first so I picked different colors, when I realized with the next invite to customize that we were getting more bands, I decided to pick one color for everyone for each stay. Orange for the villas and green for BC. Hopefully I can keep them straight this way.
Smart. I don't know how you would keep it straight otherwise. Lol.
Old 08-22-2013, 05:09 AM   #3686
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Those towel animals are so cute wifey!
Old 08-22-2013, 05:10 AM   #3687
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceIn View Post
I just had to post because I'm finally in the single digits! 9 more days until we check into the Yacht Club, and 10 days until we check into the Beach Club. I cannot wait!
Yeah!!!
Old 08-22-2013, 07:34 AM   #3688
scottmel
Does my logic in my original question make sense
I need to see it in a new light I guess

[QUOTE=natebenma;49352622]Rooms are usually assigned a few days out, whenever possible, so it shouldn't matter the time of day you check in. Your request should be noted, and if there is a room with a King bed available, hopefully it will be assigned to you. Best you can do is ask at check-in and if a room with a King Bed is not available then, let them know if you are willing to switch later in your trip.

I use to believe in this but having always stayed club level I would think this is true. However our stay this past June was NOT club at YC and I too worry that the good rooms are gone. I checked in at 11 AM not counting on getting a room. The nice CM said "lets see whats available" and gave me an upgrade to lagoon view. I personally believe the earlier the better for check in b/c if someone doesn't like their room they will request to be switched and I won't be there to have claimed my room.
DP
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: