Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 09:30 AM   #3571
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
They have some (not all) at the Yacht Club store. They said starting 9/3 they will be at the Marketplace too.
Awesome!! Very exciting!

~N

Old 08-20-2013, 09:32 AM   #3572
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post
Lol! I just finished telling my husband I'm customizing mine when we get there!! Are they selling the covers all over now? When I was there last month they were only at AKL. I'm not wondering what happens for the next 2 trips I have planned... wondering if I'll use the same band or if they'll send new ones?? Time will tell I guess!!

~N
I was told the bands can be active for up to two years. Apparently you manage them on line at MDE. The way it was explained to me was that you could have ten bands ... different ones for different outfits. OK guys stop laughing. Then you can just go to MDE and decide on the one you want active and all your information (room key, tickets, fast passes, charge card, etc.) will go to the band you tell it to go to. And you can switch bands hourly or daily or whatever ... you manage it at MDE. The thingy inside that makes it all happen has a two year life span they told me. So what I'm going to do is to make a note on my calendar that "purple band" expires on whatever date. I'm going to make mine 23 months on my calendar ... want to make sure it doesn't expire while I'm using it. Then you deactivate it on MDE and you can give it to a CM to recycle.
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2013, 09:41 AM   #3573
DT83097
DIS Veteran

just pulled the tracking info for our bands - we got the email notice at 10:04a.m. today ans UPS delivered at 10:05!!!! Now thats quick! lol Cant wait to get home and open the pkg!!

Aug 1997 CBR; 2000 CSR; April 2002 Offsite; April 2007 Poly ; Aug 2007 CBR
Aug 2009 Poly; Sept 2010 YC; Sept 2011 Poly; Aug 2012 YC ;Feb 2013 BLT; Sept 2013 BC
CSR Feb 2014-upgraded to YC! ; June 2014 GF
Old 08-20-2013, 09:50 AM   #3574
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
I was told the bands can be active for up to two years. Apparently you manage them on line at MDE. The way it was explained to me was that you could have ten bands ... different ones for different outfits. OK guys stop laughing. Then you can just go to MDE and decide on the one you want active and all your information (room key, tickets, fast passes, charge card, etc.) will go to the band you tell it to go to. And you can switch bands hourly or daily or whatever ... you manage it at MDE. The thingy inside that makes it all happen has a two year life span they told me. So what I'm going to do is to make a note on my calendar that "purple band" expires on whatever date. I'm going to make mine 23 months on my calendar ... want to make sure it doesn't expire while I'm using it. Then you deactivate it on MDE and you can give it to a CM to recycle.
This actually makes a lot of sense to me because you can deactivate cards and bands on MDE now. I just tried to reserve fast pass+ for Oct/Nov trip but that isn't available yet... I have a feeling that will become available soon next month towards the end maybe... Everything the cast member told me last month is actually happening!!

~N

Old 08-20-2013, 09:52 AM   #3575
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Teena: have a safe trip!!! Abd try to have fun with the girls, even though you will be exhausted!!!
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie

Old 08-20-2013, 10:33 AM   #3576
Steph01002
Earning My Ears

Got my Magic Bands (and the invitation to participate in the MyMagic+ test) today for my Sept. BCV stay.
I'm sure the info is somewhere on the Disboards (too much info out there to sort through), but I'm afraid to link up my UT tickets because I want to use the old FP system. Will this round of testing be able to use the old FP system too? I'm curious about the new technology, but not scheduling my attractions. I would maybe schedule a day just because I'm curious and want to try it out. We didn't even do the dining plan/make TS reservations because we don't like being tied down to times on vacation. Last trip was more relaxing the last few days when we began to ignore our TS reservations.
And for those who know, do I have to change my UT paper ticket to an rfid card now? Best place to do that?
I'm ok with just dealing with whatever change Disney makes, I just wish they would give us more information.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:50 AM   #3577
Pinkgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Different bands for different outfits, ooh cool
Old 08-20-2013, 11:03 AM   #3578
MattK67
Earning My Ears

FastPass+ But No Magic Bands. Yet???

We're staying at the Beach Club from Sep 18-25, and I made my FastPass+ reservations when the option appeared one day on the My Disney Experience App, and on the disneyworld.disney.go site, but there's no sign of anything Magic Band related.

This may be a good thing, because our tickets aren't fully reflected on the app or the site - We have 3 tickets, with Parkhopper and Waterparks, but the app/site only shows 2 and no parkhopper. Our paper itinerary is correct, and the customer service reps for WDW have assured me that their system reflects the the correct tickets. The rep told me that sometimes the site doesn't fully reflect everything.

Hopefully, when we show up at the Beach Club we can get Magic Bands. If we don't take part in the test, I guess it's a small thing, but it would be cool to be able to try the next big thing!
Old 08-20-2013, 11:03 AM   #3579
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifey View Post
Good Morning everyone, we made it in late last night and were surprised with an upgraded view room...awesome view of the BC and SAB !! Also we had a lovely surprise of cards for my birthday and our anniversary and balloons and candy on the desk.
So nice!!!
Old 08-20-2013, 11:04 AM   #3580
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrw118 View Post
1 more day
Our flight lands at MCO tomorrow at 9:45. Then off to BC.
So excited.
Whoop!!!
Old 08-20-2013, 11:10 AM   #3581
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbDave View Post

A one eyed pirate looking for Sunken Treasure
Love it!!!
Old 08-20-2013, 11:37 AM   #3582
Flyz Ondewalz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feckless View Post
And I'm currently soliciting names for my trip report. I know that you guys will come up with something catchier than I could!!!
I vote for "My children did this to me in gratitude for taking them to Disney". Another one would be "How to rent Buzzy the fly, seeing eye guy after you face plant at Disney".

So, does anyone know if you can wear a magic band on each of you hairy fly legs ( in rainbow colors,) or would that be too over the top?

Signed, Buzzy the fly, your fashonista guy...
Old 08-20-2013, 11:59 AM   #3583
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Teena - safe travels.

Even though you have a lot of work ahead of you, I know you will have a wonderful visit with your girls!

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
Old 08-20-2013, 12:02 PM   #3584
beebeeryan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
Feckless: Oh DARN, you CAN'T go RUN, so you HAVE to be punished by Sitting on your BALCONY sipping coffee.................I really feel your pain

Hope you get some knee and eye/cheek relief by tomorrow!!!
I was thinking the same thing. Do hope you feel better soon, what a way to start a vacation at Disney! I keep thinking, should I bring my running stuff, but who am I kidding, I'll be sitting on the balcony too, even without knee problems!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbDave View Post
Beach Club Brawler - a Trip Report heavy on the Trip
I vote for this one.

3 more days!!!! Packing is starting to pick up now, starting laundry today and then everyone just wears the leftover clothes. Already having trouble sleeping...I am more excited than the kids I swear.

Have a good trip Teena, too bad we'll miss getting to meet you. All the information you share with us is amazing.

Old 08-20-2013, 12:07 PM   #3585
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feckless View Post
And I'm currently soliciting names for my trip report. I know that you guys will come up with something catchier than I could!!!
"My Luggage Packs a Punch"

"But what does the other guy look like?"
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: